Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What's left?

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
We? currently have 13 hard (tee hee) commits. Consensus was we would take 18, opinions seem to be moving towards 20, which seems right around the right number to me. Could even be 21 or 22 if we got a couple mission kids, but most likely 20.

Offense so far:
QB: 2 - full unless we take McKee for 2020
RB: 0 - need one
WR: 2 - full
Chico: 1 - full
BTE: 1 - full
WTE: 0 - full?
OL: 3 - full?

Offensively we have 9 commits and only one clear 2018 spot available, with the possibility of another lineman maybe?

Defense so far:
DL: 1 - need one more, hopefully two
OLB: 0 - need at least one
ILB: 2 - full
CB: 1 - need one more
S: 0 - need one

Defense is where the work remains. We need at least one more DL, an OLB, another corner and a safety. Would really love two DTs.

Low end that puts as at 18 (adding an RB, DL, OLB, CB, S). If we go to 20 that means two DT and an extra something (OL, OLB, WTE, or just a spot for whatever elite talent might jump here last minute [Tre'Shaun!]).

Since I think we're going 20 let's map it out this way. The class is going to finish with some combination of the below players. My realistic preferences in bold.

RB - Brown or Figlet. Like most, I much prefer Rihaana smacker to Figlet.

OL - Hoping for Beresford just because I'm a doog for Coker and DDY.

DL - Tremblay, Taimani or Cravens. Tremblay's the most important recruit in the class IMO.

OLB - Zion. Poopoo Solomon is my doog wet dream but I know that's not going to happen. I'd still be very happy with Zion.

CB - Gordon or GTFO. Honestly not even sure who else we're recruiting other than Taylor-Stuart-Not-Coming-Here.

S - Irvin, Addison or Crosswell. Irvin seems most realistic. Would be thrilled with any of them.

A couple of questions:

1. If Tremblay doesn't come here would we take two more incoming frosh DL? I kind of think that answer is no, not sure. Hopefully we'll never find out.

2. If DDY is correct and they might be secretly planning to move Zion to DL, does that mean a) they don't take Taimani/Cravens if/when Zion commits? b) who else are they looking at at Buck besides the Texas kid who's not coming here?

3. What do we do if Gordon leaves? (Besides mass suicide, of course)

4. In the unlikely event we whiff on the three Cali safeties where do we turn?

5. Who will be the best Cuog commit come early December who we decide to steal just because we can?

TL; DR: DO WE HAVE A SHOT WITH THESE KIDS????

Comments

• NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    dnc said:

We? currently have 13 hard (tee hee) commits. Consensus was we would take 18, opinions seem to be moving towards 20, which seems right around the right number to me. Could even be 21 or 22 if we got a couple mission kids, but most likely 20.

Offense so far:

Offensively we have 9 commits and only one clear 2018 spot available, with the possibility of another lineman maybe?

Defense so far:

Defense is where the work remains. We need at least one more DL, an OLB, another corner and a safety. Would really love two DTs.

Low end that puts as at 18 (adding an RB, DL, OLB, CB, S). If we go to 20 that means two DT and an extra something (OL, OLB, WTE, or just a spot for whatever elite talent might jump here last minute [Tre'Shaun!]).

Since I think we're going 20 let's map it out this way. The class is going to finish with some combination of the below players. My realistic preferences in bold.

DL - Tremblay, Taimani or Cravens. Tremblay's the most important recruit in the class IMO.

OLB - Zion. Poopoo Solomon is my doog wet dream but I know that's not going to happen. I'd still be very happy with Zion.

CB - Gordon or GTFO. Honestly not even sure who else we're recruiting other than Taylor-Stuart-Not-Coming-Here.

S - Irvin, Addison or Crosswell. Irvin seems most realistic. Would be thrilled with any of them.

A couple of questions:

1. If Tremblay doesn't come here would we take two more incoming frosh DL? I kind of think that answer is no, not sure. Hopefully we'll never find out.

2. If DDY is correct and they might be secretly planning to move Zion to DL, does that mean a) they don't take Taimani/Cravens if/when Zion commits? b) who else are they looking at at Buck besides the Texas kid who's not coming here?

Unlikely we need to answer more than one of those, but it seems like there will be a negative surprise somewhere along the lines.

Agree. Tremblay it sucks to have Malloe in charge of his recruitment. I keep having wet dreams of Tosh Lopoi recruiting for Pete instead of Saban, what if...
    Bryan Addison is still in play at 6-5 (that's fucking Dana Hall height) and favored, and Irvin at 6-2" would make Legion of Boom type defensive backfield. Wet Dreams of
    6'2" Dominique at one corner 6'2 Keith Taylor with 5'11" Elijah Molden locking down the slot receiver.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    guntlove said:

dnc said:

Offense so far:

Defense so far:

A couple of questions:

5. Who will be the best Cuog commit come early December who we decide to steal just because we can?

Really good chit, Dee-Enn-Cee.

Either Tremblay or Taimani HAS to happen for our? DAWGS!!1! Abundance would be preferable... but if we don't get either, especially in light of last years DL recruiting bed-shitting, it's gonna start to cause significant issues down the road.

Closing with Brown, Zion, Tremblay, Gordon, & Irvin would make for a really good class. Add Traimani and Addison to that list and it would be an excellent class imo.

Anyways... quality breakdown, dude.

love your body,
    gunt
    Careful. I'm territorial. I pee on his front porch all the time.
  • uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    edited August 2017

It feels like any momentum that UW had for recruiting died harder then Ballsdeep trying to make a point. And what in the world is drawing kids to Oregon right now?

Remember when Don James had the Husky Honnies helping with recruiting? (or whatever they were called back then).

I suspect Oregon is kicking our ass on that aspect of recruiting right now...

Does Coach Pete have a cohort of hot young coeds to give the recruits gift baskets and blow jobs in their hotel rooms?
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,112
    One thing to add: If UW has the kind of year that we are hoping for, names will come out of the woodwork in the winter that we aren't even talking about right now. Pete will likely keep a few spots open (a 4th OL, 2nd RB) for this reason. For example, if UW tears it up, I think there's a great chance Tre'Shawn Harrison flips. Also, with the new December early signing period, it will turn into a feeding frenzy on kids who are committed to a school but don't sign early.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

One thing to add: If UW has the kind of year that we are hoping for, names will come out of the woodwork in the winter that we aren't even talking about right now. Pete will likely keep a few spots open (a 4th OL, 2nd RB) for this reason. For example, if UW tears it up, I think there's a great chance Tre'Shawn Harrison flips. Also, with the new December early signing period, it will turn into a feeding frenzy on kids who are committed to a school but don't sign early.

I got my money on USC in December closing deals with Canadian citizenship
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Offense so far:

Defense so far:

A couple of questions:

I think this is a fair assessment of where we stand moving forward with this class. One thing I'm interested to see is if we have the type of year we all expect to have will there be any national level guys who will give us a second look around December / January. Specifically some of the guys in UCLA's class after Mora gets fired.
    I'm still hoping for Jack Lamb after Brian Kelly and Brian Kelly are fired.
    Yea I agree about Lamb. I'm hoping after two years of being in the top ten and competing for a playoff birth it will give us a bit more of a bump. It's Easy for coaches to tell kids we were just a flash in the pan after one year but after two years it shows we have the consistency to hopefully remain elite for awhile and I think kids will start to notice.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Offense so far:

Defense so far:

A couple of questions:

I think this is a fair assessment of where we stand moving forward with this class. One thing I'm interested to see is if we have the type of year we all expect to have will there be any national level guys who will give us a second look around December / January. Specifically some of the guys in UCLA's class after Mora gets fired.
    I'm still hoping for Jack Lamb after Brian Kelly and Brian Kelly are fired.
    Taimani too if he commits there
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    uzi said:

It feels like any momentum that UW had for recruiting died harder then Ballsdeep trying to make a point. And what in the world is drawing kids to Oregon right now?

Remember when Don James had the Husky Honnies helping with recruiting? (or whatever they were called back then).

I suspect Oregon is kicking our ass on that aspect of recruiting right now...

Does Coach Pete have a cohort of hot young coeds to give the recruits gift baskets and blow jobs in their hotel rooms?
    Cmon now. I know living in the NW distorts
    the male view of female hotness but this crew
    is 3 star caliber. If Nick Saban rolled out this
    group of munters on a recruiting trip guaranteed
    his commit % drops. The only chick in the picture
    who makes the cut for the SEC whore line is bottom
    row left. And she's only a California 7.