Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Softball talk

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
edited March 2021 in Hardcore Husky Board
I watched the end of the UW-Missouri softball game on ESPN last night. The game went into extra inning. Bottom of the 8th the lawnmower made an appearance. It's now part of UW culture.

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You've got to be kidding
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    volcanodawgvolcanodawg Member Posts: 282
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    so we're back?!?!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hahaha, I wish I would have saw it.

On a side note, the whole university has gotten lame. In the 70's, 80's, 90's, there were normal students. Now that UW is so tough to get into, the students are all asians and nerds.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Hahaha, I wish I would have saw it.

On a side note, the whole university has gotten lame. In the 70's, 80's, 90's, there were normal students. Now that UW is so tough to get into, the students are all asians and nerds.

One of these is unnecessary.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Some Asian women are great. Problem is, most of the ones I see on campus aren't anything special.
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam

I watched the end of the UW-Missouri softball game on ESPN last night. The game went into extra inning. Bottom of the 8th the lawnmower made an appearance. It's now part of UW culture.

Pool boy probably mandated that all UW sports teams do the lawnmower just so Corky doesn't seem like quite as much of a dumbfuck for allowing that bullshit in the first place.
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

The lawnmower works in softball because we're talking chicks and they do all kinds of little dances, chants and shit in those dugouts. Annoying as hell but that's chicks for ya.

Now the lawnmower in FOOTBALL, where you're supposed to have badass tough guys all focused on beating the crap out of the opponent? Uh, no. Gay as hell...
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam

The lawnmower works in softball because we're talking chicks and they do all kinds of little dances, chants and shit in those dugouts. Annoying as hell but that's chicks for ya.

Now the lawnmower in FOOTBALL, where you're supposed to have badass tough guys all focused on beating the crap out of the opponent? Uh, no. Gay as hell...
    Take it to the Boy Scout board or you're gone
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

When I was still coaching we were playing Franklin Pierce and their shitty fucking chainlink dugouts. The girls fastpitch was right next to us (20 feet) and their chants were fucking annoying. My DH told one of the girls to shut the fuck up (I was quite the disciplinarian) and she told him to make her. He then told her he had something to stick in her mouth that would shut her up and all the spectators heard. My defense of him by saying it was a good line didn't go over well. He missed his upcoming trip to Denver with his DECA group. Now works for a beer distributor out of Olympia....I think.

Still think it was a great line and hate softball/fastpitch.
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TommySQC said:

He then told her he had something to stick in her mouth that would shut her up and all the spectators heard.
    A banana?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
    Founders Club
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hey there you on two, can I get a woo woo?

Ah, I miss being asked to umpire teen softball games once or twice per year just to show I didn't favor baseball too much as prez of the local little league.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

TTIWWAGOSLD

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,839
    Founders Club