Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Who is excited for the end of net neutrality?

Comments

• Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

salemcoog said:

If the government is the best option for healthcare then I certainly trust them to run the nternets

So you have no clue what net neutrality is. Got it.
    You got me

Your so smart and stuff
    It's weird how this has been shaped into a left/right thing. There is zero reason to not want NN unless you hold stakes in an ISP.

It would be like cheering for water companies to have the ability to charge you more for using water to make generic coffee, and less for making Starbucks. Water is water. Data is data.

But regulashuns!!!!
    It's because of liberal shills like yourself fear mongering as if the TSIO already.

HTH
    Is stating facts fear mongering? I didn't realize how sensitive you are.
    Snowflake.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,246
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

If the government is the best option for healthcare then I certainly trust them to run the nternets

Ironic
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Ironic
    Ah shit, did Breitbart put out an opinion piece earlier? Let's hear your take.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    salemcoog said:

You got me

Your so smart and stuff
    It's weird how this has been shaped into a left/right thing. There is zero reason to not want NN unless you hold stakes in an ISP.

It would be like cheering for water companies to have the ability to charge you more for using water to make generic coffee, and less for making Starbucks. Water is water. Data is data.

But regulashuns!!!!
    It's because of liberal shills like yourself fear mongering as if the TSIO already.

HTH
    There's fear mongering used by the corrupt to persuade the ignorant, and then there's the ignorant perpetuating the fear mongering as if TSIO already. What we have here is clearly the latter.
  • Options

salemcoog said:

You got me

Your so smart and stuff

But regulashuns!!!!

HTH
    There's fear mongering used by the corrupt to persuade the ignorant, and then there's the ignorant perpetuating the fear mongering as if TSIO already. What we have here is clearly the latter.
    Still waiting for your take.
  • Options
    Founders Club

salemcoog said:

You got me

Your so smart and stuff

But regulashuns!!!!

HTH
    No, you're not. Your only interest is in agreement that "Net Neutrality" as policy and regulation is only about net neutrality, which it clearly isn't. I suggest you develop a deeper understanding, try reading from sources other than the Daily Kos and Huffington Post, and learn a little history, this game has been played before.
  • Options

salemcoog said:

You got me

Your so smart and stuff

But regulashuns!!!!

HTH
    No, you're not. Your only interest is in agreement that "Net Neutrality" as policy and regulation is only about net neutrality, which it clearly isn't. I suggest you develop a deeper understanding, try reading from sources other than the Daily Kos and Huffington Post, and learn a little history, this game has been played before.

You are second to Sledog in your love for biased reporting.

Re: Net Neutrality: You basically don't have an actual opinion other than parroting spooky right-wing conspiracies.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,674
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I have no clue what net neutrality is.

And I refuse to bother to learn.
  • Options

I have no clue what net neutrality is.

And I refuse to bother to learn.

At least you admit it.
  • Options
    Founders Club

salemcoog said:

You got me

Your so smart and stuff

But regulashuns!!!!

HTH

Re: Net Neutrality: You basically don't have an actual opinion other than parroting spooky right-wing conspiracies.

This is becoming a waste of time, you apparently have a very limited memory.

http://hardcorehusky.com/forums/#/discussion/comment/592175
  • Options

salemcoog said:

You got me

Your so smart and stuff

But regulashuns!!!!

HTH

This is becoming a waste of time, you apparently have a very limited memory.

http://hardcorehusky.com/forums/#/discussion/comment/592175
    My limited memory blocked out your copy and paste comment from six months ago, you are correct.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,899
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    If cable companies are losing so much money because of people cutting cable TV in favor of streaming TV services, then why aren't cable companies already jacking internet rates out of control?

It seems like, if anything, this will allow people to pay less for internet if they aren't going to be hogging a bunch of bandwidth due to streaming TV services. For example, somebody who has cable TV, DVR, On-Demand, etc.
  • Options

If cable companies are losing so much money because of people cutting cable TV in favor of streaming TV services, then why aren't cable companies already jacking internet rates out of control?

It seems like, if anything, this will allow people to pay less for internet if they aren't going to be hogging a bunch of bandwidth due to streaming TV services. For example, somebody who has cable TV, DVR, On-Demand, etc.

My internet is up to like 80 bucks. They are.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,899
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Okay, mine is $50 and streams everything (including 4k) just fine. So I'm sure it varies. But let's say they already did jack up our rates....what's the concern over ending NN if cable companies already jacked our internet rates as high as they need to go in order to make up for the cord cutters?
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Okay, mine is $50 and streams everything (including 4k) just fine. So I'm sure it varies. But let's say they already did jack up our rates....what's the concern over ending NN if cable companies already jacked our internet rates as high as they need to go in order to make up for the cord cutters?
    You can add Verizon 4g unlimited to your plan for $20. Right now the best deal. And you can take the hot spot with you.
  • Options

Well yeah. Mine was 50 like a couple years ago. But every year they decide to raise the price.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    2001400ex said:

You can add Verizon 4g unlimited to your plan for $20. Right now the best deal. And you can take the hot spot with you.
    Can you use it to watch Husky games on your tablet with your Dish subscription?
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

DirecTV is 200 bucks now to get everything. Internet is a bargain in comparison. AT%T bought DirecTV so when satellite dies they are in position to replace it. Business has this funny desire to make money and not go out of business. People forget that they don't exist to give you free shit. That's the gubmint's job

If you have Verizon you need to ask yourself where you went wrong in life

I actually travel around rather than sit in Mom's basement. And my e-coli burger joint in Montana pays my entire cell phone bill.

#winning