Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ranking the States by fiscal condition

doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
edited July 2017 in Tug Tavern
1. WTF is up with all those states with an income tax?

2. How did Race fuck up California?

https://www.mercatus.org/statefiscalrankings

Comments

• CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    edited July 2017
    Essentially refutes the California "fiscal collapse" narrative. Race and I told you that. Even if Cal-pers did not receive a single dollar starting today it would still make all of its pension payments for 22.3 years.

Also, this is based on FY15 audit. FY17 actuals show California with record level unrestricted net assets. You didn't know that?

I have to also ask though what use is there comparing Wyoming, Arizona, Utah, Oregon and Idaho to California?

California is the sixth largest economy in the world with 40 million people. We lead the world, by ourselves, and very successfully, thank you very much.

We don't need you for anything but thanks anyway.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    You're dying. You aren't leading anyone anywhere.
    doogie said:

Your future is being decided in California. Like it or not.

Oh, we don't need strip mall mutual fund sales people. Sorry!
    the world doesn't need any mutual fund salespeople.

Doesn't change the fact California''s finances suck.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    Was there supposed to be some big story or finding here ?

doogie said:

the world doesn't need any mutual fund salespeople.

Doesn't change the fact California''s finances suck.

Xi Jinping, Vladimir Putin, Angela merkel, jerry brown and I had a goood chuckle at your post. Big bellly laughs.

I'm sure trump will try to catch up.
    That's sedition talk right there.
    doogie said:

That's sedition talk right there.

Treason?!? Oh wait, you may want to check in with don jr about that. He's an expert.
    Non-story. Simple diversion by the resistance
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493

doogie said:

Your future is being decided in California. Like it or not.

Oh, we don't need strip mall mutual fund sales people. Sorry!
    Need an insurance guy?
    dflea said:

Not really. Like most I check in here and noticed there wasn't anyone posting anything new. This new study popped up and I posted it thinking it might spark a discussion 'not' obsessed with Trumps tweets.

Obviously, I was wrong. But, who really cares?

You should try posting a topic sometime once and see if it goes anywhere. It isn't difficult, really.

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    doogie said:

dflea said:

Not really. Like most I check in here and noticed there wasn't anyone posting anything new. This new study popped up and I posted it thinking it might spark a discussion 'not' obsessed with Trumps tweets.

You should try posting a topic sometime once and see if it goes anywhere. It isn't difficult, really.

You sound like a whiney bitch.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    dflea said:

doogie said:

dflea said:

Makes me wonder why you're always sucking Trump's cock and Hondo is always sucking Obama's. They're both pieces of shit.

If you call what I do sucking Obama's cock, then you are as dumb as sledog. Obama was awful, but he wasn't what idiots like sledog say. But it's awesome making fun of actual shit Trump does.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    Once again Cal too high.

Why is it that the Blue states, sans Florida are the worse off?
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844

Essentially refutes the California "fiscal collapse" narrative. Race and I told you that. Even if Cal-pers did not receive a single dollar starting today it would still make all of its pension payments for 22.3 years.

Also, this is based on FY15 audit. FY17 actuals show California with record level unrestricted net assets. You didn't know that?

I have to also ask though what use is there comparing Wyoming, Arizona, Utah, Oregon and Idaho to California?

California is the sixth largest economy in the world with 40 million people. We lead the world, by ourselves, and very successfully, thank you very much.

We don't need you for anything but thanks anyway.

So in other words, the subscriptions have never been higher.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club
    salemcoog said:

Once again Cal too high.

Why is it that the Blue states, sans Florida are the worse off?

The top 5 in that list have a lot in common in terms of how those states are run. Florida is the outlier in terms of climate, geography, and society ... I can't think of more diametric opposites than Key West, FL and Salt Lake City, UT, both great places IMO, but with almost nothing in common.

Florida seems to get painted as red or blue depending on who's doing the painting. In truth, nationally, it's more or less purple and has been for awhile. Since 1992, the state has voted Bush x 1, Clinton x 1, GWBush x 2 (once narrowly), Barry x 2, and Trump x 1. Current senators are Rubio (R) and Nelson (D), current congressional HRs, 16 (R), 11 (D), with two of the (R)'s voting more often with the (D)'s making it effectively 14 (R), 13 (D). The "red" in the "purple" population has resulted in three consecutive Republican governors who have mostly leaned pro-growth fiscally conservative. As a result, Florida benefits from a simple but effective combination of fiscal conservatism and strong revenue generation, particularly from external sources, including a massive global tourism market, agriculture, aerospace and defense, and financial services. There are also a number highly notable health care providers that draw patients from around the world. The Mayo and Cleveland Clinics are probably the most well known, but there are many more like them throughout the state. Anyway, purple has worked for Florida, but I'd argue it's been the "red" component that has tangibly set the table for fiscal success with an assist from the blue component in intangible (but substantive) ways.