Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Big Baller on the big stage

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Los Angeles gets the 2nd pick. Boston won't take Ball. Kornheiser said this would be the 3rd fix after Ewing to NY and Lebron to Cleveland

Comments

• Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    I hope Markelle keeps his nose clean, because the last time the Celtics swindled their way into the lottery and took a guy from the DC area...
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Los Angeles gets the 2nd pick. Boston won't take Ball. Kornheiser said this would be the 3rd fix after Ewing to NY and Lebron to Cleveland

Boston will take Fultz and let Smart or Bradley leave after next year. IT and Fultz will be an unstoppable backcourt.

The Nets trade for KG and Paul Pierce has to be one of the worst trades of all time.
    Wouldn't be shocked to see them trade either in the offseason. Smart is not going to be a good role player if he isn't getting tons of minutes. I could easily see him traded for another big man.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    I could see Boston dealing the pick for Jimmy Butler. I hope they keep it though, IT and Fultz would be a lot of fun together.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Jimmy Butler and Paul George are on my All Who Gives a Fuck team.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

I could see Boston dealing the pick for Jimmy Butler. I hope they keep it though, IT and Fultz would be a lot of fun together.

I have a hunch Butler is a cancer. Boston has room for a max player this year. IT is not a free agent until next year.

I wouldn't mess with IT as the alpha dog for the franchise. It's somewhat corny, but I do believe he sets a great tone for the franchise.

Gordon Hayward is a natural fit l, especially with Brad Stevens. Blake Griffin would be a risk, but is probably worth a gamble if Hayward stays in Utah.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2017
    Side note: Not that he hasn't had a few blunders, but Danny Ainge has been a great GM.

Traded for Garnett. Got a nice piece in Jae Crowder in the Rondo trade. Got IT for almost nothing. Now the #1 pick from the Nets for Pierce and Garnett. They got Jaylen Brown (#3 pick last year) from the same trade.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Jimmy Butler and Paul George are on my All Who Gives a Fuck team.

I'm a Paul George fan. He's a very good player that teams should try and get in a trade. You know he's leaving Indiana once he's a free agent.

I'm not as big on Butler. Coincidence or not, the Bulls slipped when he became their lead guy.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I don't think Boston deals the pick ... I do think that they go after Hayward as a free agent ... it's the right fit on that team.

Smart's tremendously valuable for them but I don't see the fit with him if they have Fultz, IT, and Bradley. I'm not choosing Smart over Bradley.
  • Options
    Hayward is staying in Utah.

He gets more money, and its easier to get to the finals in the West than in the East.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

He gets more money, and its easier to get to the finals in the West than in the East.

lol wut?
  • Options

lol wut?
    Dallas
    OKC
    San Antonio
    Golden State
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

lol wut?
    Dallas
    OKC
    San Antonio
    Golden State
    And the East has old man LeBron.
  • Options
    I mean ok you can arbitrarily start at Dallas just like I can arbitrarily start 4 years ago.

SA Miami
    SA Miami
    GS Clev
    GS Clev
    GS Clev

Hey look the same amount of teams. Weird what you can do with an arbitrary starting point.

Lebron is 32. Golden States core is in their prime. Kawhi is just entering his prime. Boston is already the second best team in the East. Utah is 4th at best with no chance of getting better because no top free agent would ever sign there. Meanwhile Hayward makes Boston better and they're adding Fultz and a high pick next season. But yeah stay with Utah for an easier path.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    It's not the same amount of teams you moran.

It's LeBron's team. That's who wins the East.

You can have an easier regular season in the East. You can have better stats in the East. But in the span that LeBron's team has made the finals, four different teams from the West have made it.

A non-GS team will win the West before a non-LeBron team wins the East.

It's cute you think a team who's best player is 5 9 is just missing Markelle Fultz and Gordon Hayward to get to the Finals.

IRYK
  • Options
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

It's not the same amount of teams you moran.

It's LeBron's team. That's who wins the East.

You can have an easier regular season in the East. You can have better stats in the East. But in the span that LeBron's team has made the finals, four different teams from the West have made it.

A non-GS team will win the West before a non-LeBron team wins the East.

IRYK

You're making the point that it's easier to win the East because it's filled with pussies.
  • Options
    Durant left his team and stayed in the West.

Aldridge left his team and stayed in the West.

Who was the last big free agent to leave his team, and go to a team in the East?

Fans may be all enamored by the Warriors or Westbrook's triple doubles, but the players know what the reality is.

It is basic economics. Because of the max salary, no player in the league is as underpaid as LeBron, so whichever team he is on has $30M of extra cap room that no one else has.
  • Options
    Al Horford. Literally last off season.