Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Romar still delusional

2»

Comments

• FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I can't disagree with a word of that ...

I have no desire in breaking down the Romar is a good guy narrative ...

My guess is that if I pulled the curtain back and followed the program from the inside for a year my opinion would likely change significantly

What do you mean?
    Romar is a great guy ... everybody says so

Yet there's growing evidence that Romar can't wait to talk about how it wasn't his fault, doesn't take responsibility, and has no problem throwing people in front of or under the bus to protect his image.

For me, you can't earn too much respect if you aren't willing to take personal accountability ... that's a bare minimum
    You mean like taking in drug dealers, pimps, and other troubled people and only taking the credit if it "kinda worked" vs when it doesn't you blame the kid(s)?

when people are forced to always tell us how great someone is/was, eventually you need to wonder if there is something weird going on. I was all about romar and his sainthood until the overton situation where Romar showed absolutely zero balls in a situation that should have landed VO suspended for the season. Maybe he lets him work his way back onto the team, but that he let him play in the playoffs was just like any other slimy coach. Follow that by the entire MM debacle that he was even let on the team to try and make it, then Slanging crack was allowed to play. The final nail was obviously hiring dads to sway recruits and people walked around to say it was just a friend, not a recruiting ploy.

He really was all people used to think around 2010, but it seems something went away and he was just another slimy D1 coach(sans the winning)
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,529 Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I can't disagree with a word of that ...

I have no desire in breaking down the Romar is a good guy narrative ...

My guess is that if I pulled the curtain back and followed the program from the inside for a year my opinion would likely change significantly

What do you mean?
    Romar is a great guy ... everybody says so

Yet there's growing evidence that Romar can't wait to talk about how it wasn't his fault, doesn't take responsibility, and has no problem throwing people in front of or under the bus to protect his image.

For me, you can't earn too much respect if you aren't willing to take personal accountability ... that's a bare minimum
    Sounds like your normal 'Christian" apologist. God didn't will it. We weren't blessed. Whatever.

Take some fucking personal responsibility and learn from it.

I have a pretty strong Christian belief system - but those that wear it on their sleeves are also the biggest excuse makers I know.

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    I'm waiting for Romar to play the black card in a back handed comment type of way.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,109

I'm waiting for Romar to play the black card in a back handed comment type of way.

Basnight will deliver
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,520 Swaye's Wigwam

Basnight will deliver
    It's been a month and he's still making passive aggressive comments to anyone on twitter he thinks cares. 99% of fans have accepted and moved on, Basnight is on his quest
  • pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    Basnight has a strange obsession with Romar. He's a fucking idiot. 206hoops is his bestie and he's also a fucking idiot. The best was when he prayed for Romar to Seattle U w/ Porter like that would really happen. It feels like he must be related to Romar bc I've never seen a bigger apologist. They still can't get over the Porters and act like they're FROM Seattle. News flash: They're from FUCKING MISSOURI!!! They can be Mizzou and Arizona fans as far as I'm concerned. Imbeciles.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

If nothing else tells you Romar was checked out at UW and merely cashing a paycheck you should reference his fucking shirt and background. I can't recall seeing a long time coach of any program(pro/college) get canned and literally RUN to a rival and sign up to be an assistant.

The guy literally has 20 years as a D1 HC and he ran to be Millers assistant. Nothing about this should pass the smell test to anyone.

Brett Hull signed a two year contract with the Phoenix Coyotes that had one provision; free golf for life. The Coyotes who were a fairly new franchise and agreed. Well hockey is stupid and the first year they went on strike the whole season and the second year he played in like two games and retired. Now, he plays golf in the desert for free.

LoRo made good money, but he lived in a super fucking expensive area. Now he is in a retirement capital at a program that sells itself. He doesn't have to work very hard, gets to do the stuff he enjoys about coaching, and is basically retired in a cheap area.

Compare him to Ernie. The Palouse for head coach money or Tucson for assistant money?
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,109
    Mosster47 said:

If nothing else tells you Romar was checked out at UW and merely cashing a paycheck you should reference his fucking shirt and background. I can't recall seeing a long time coach of any program(pro/college) get canned and literally RUN to a rival and sign up to be an assistant.

The guy literally has 20 years as a D1 HC and he ran to be Millers assistant. Nothing about this should pass the smell test to anyone.

Brett Hull signed a two year contract with the Phoenix Coyotes that had one provision; free golf for life. The Coyotes who were a fairly new franchise and agreed. Well hockey is stupid and the first year they went on strike the whole season and the second year he played in like two games and retired. Now, he plays golf in the desert for free.

LoRo made good money, but he lived in a super fucking expensive area. Now he is in a retirement capital at a program that sells itself. He doesn't have to work very hard, gets to do the stuff he enjoys about coaching, and is basically retired in a cheap area.

Compare him to Ernie. The Palouse for head coach money or Tucson for assistant money?
    he's been living the life you described for the past several seasons
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,529 Standard Supporter
    edited May 2017
    Mosster47 said:

Do you have any idea how much tail a black guy in Pullman who can solve daddy issues pull?
  • seatownfunkseatownfunk Member Posts: 805
    The o/u is not 5
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    Mosster47 said:

What would we do without our resident Wildcat fan?
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    Mosster47 said:

I'd wager Romar gets far more heat for being in Zona than being the HC and missing the post season annually.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Romar isn't a bad guy for believing he should not have been fired. He probably truly thinks next year's team with MPJ would have been dangerous. Delusional, yes.

Venoy should have been kicked off, but Upshaw and Venoy don't make Romar a bad guy either.

He was a terrible coach. He deservedly got fired.