Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

4th Round over. Elijah Qualls still waiting.

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 2017 in Hardcore Husky Board
Actually, I think he would be a good depth player. Very athletic and versatile 3T that can slide outside in the right defensive scheme.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,632
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Who cares? Russ got cucked again. Life is good!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    At this point he's insane value ...

One of his biggest problems is that his skill set is only going to fit a subset of the teams (at least in their mind) ...

But it's hard ... I understand why he went pro and I do agree with the sentiment made that it would be hard for him to dramatically increase his draft positioning next year ... although getting in a little bit of better shape and whatnot could have helped him a little bit.
  • Options
    SaracenSaracen Member Posts: 269
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Wonder if he even got one of those draft evaluation/forecasts that the NFL offers underclassmen?

I understand he has other considerations family wise, but hard to believe that by coming back a year he couldn't do better than the 6th (or maybe even 7th) round he's looking at right now.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

One of his biggest problems is that his skill set is only going to fit a subset of the teams (at least in their mind) ...

But it's hard ... I understand why he went pro and I do agree with the sentiment made that it would be hard for him to dramatically increase his draft positioning next year ... although getting in a little bit of better shape and whatnot could have helped him a little bit.

The way that guys drastically improve up the charts with ridiculous 40 times, or verts, or anything of the sort it would have made sense for him to come back. This isn't an IT situation where he can't grow and he had an MVP year and thus there isn't anything else he can do. He could get into shape, crush it during the year and then be in shape for the combine. Football has such a short shelf life and non guaranteed contracts seems pretty foolish to go out and try to barely get drafted(if he does)
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yeah, this bullshit about him not being able to increase his value because he would be 23 is strange. Any player can come back, play better, and get in better shape.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

The way that guys drastically improve up the charts with ridiculous 40 times, or verts, or anything of the sort it would have made sense for him to come back. This isn't an IT situation where he can't grow and he had an MVP year and thus there isn't anything else he can do. He could get into shape, crush it during the year and then be in shape for the combine. Football has such a short shelf life and non guaranteed contracts seems pretty foolish to go out and try to barely get drafted(if he does)
    Getting in better shape and being more consistent would have helped.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Quite honestly Softy, I think he underachieved last season.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

He was inconsistent. He looked amazing one play, then fucking disappeared the next play.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I feel like he killed it last year
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Qualls is a really good player ... but at the same time, there's enough things outstanding with him that would cause flags to scouts ...

There's no question that he could put himself in a better position by getting in better shape ... would help with his consistency ...

Hopefully he takes this as a bit of a wakeup call and puts in the work necessary to outperform his draft positioning.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Qualls is a really good player ... but at the same time, there's enough things outstanding with him that would cause flags to scouts ...

There's no question that he could put himself in a better position by getting in better shape ... would help with his consistency ...

Hopefully he takes this as a bit of a wakeup call and puts in the work necessary to outperform his draft positioning.

I hope Gaines stays for 5th year.
  • Options
    SaracenSaracen Member Posts: 269
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Just glad he was taken before Stevie T. That would have been big time salt in the wound.
  • Options
    Tripper_JohnsonTripper_Johnson Member Posts: 200
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Shalom Luani taken by Oakland? Where's the closest Domino's to the Orgasm.co coliseum?
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Out of all the DTs who played a lot last year, Qualls was the least memorable to me. He's not strong enough yet to get to NFL QBs. Doesn't have the push Greg Gaines has. Very DUM for him to leave early...and he was punished in this draft for it. He did 33 reps for his chest, but his legs and hips are still too weak. He might not make an NFL team because of his weaknesses. Dum move by him.

Though Greg Gaines may not have huge #s, he is so strong and disruptive - pushing guys back so far, that he quite possibly causes the most problems for the opposing teams. QBs always panicked last year when he penetrated deeply. He should easily be a top 3 round pick in the future, but he probably won't be. Gaines is my favorite guy on the DL. I love his face when he plays. I hope NFL teams start to notice him.
  • Options
    priapism said:

Out of all the DTs who played a lot last year, Qualls was the least memorable to me. He's not strong enough yet to get to NFL QBs. Doesn't have the push Greg Gaines has. Very DUM for him to leave early...and he was punished in this draft for it. He did 33 reps for his chest, but his legs and hips are still too weak. He might not make an NFL team because of his weaknesses. Dum move by him.

Though Greg Gaines may not have huge #s, he is so strong and disruptive - pushing guys back so far, that he quite possibly causes the most problems for the opposing teams. QBs always panicked last year when he penetrated deeply. He should easily be a top 3 round pick in the future, but he probably won't be. Gaines is my favorite guy on the DL. I love his face when he plays. I hope NFL teams start to notice him.

Dude he was just out of shape. There point where he would dominate players and then get washed out. His problem is conditioning, he was plenty strong. Agreed, Gaines is probably the most consistent and the best DT we had last year.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think part of Qualls problem is a lack of versatility.

4-3 teams probably don't love him because he's not a huge disrupter.

Even though he's 320 pounds, he's not a huge NT in a 3-4. He's too short to be a 3-4 DE.

Good player at UW. He probably should have returned, but I don't think he ever came to UW to play school.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think part of Qualls problem is a lack of versatility.

4-3 teams probably don't love him because he's not a huge disrupter.

Even though he's 320 pounds, he's not a huge NT in a 3-4. He's too short to be a 3-4 DE.

Good player at UW. He probably should have returned, but I don't think he ever came to UW to play school.

Obviously he should've fucking come back, are you stupid? The only people that think it was a good decision are Kim and Eklund.

He could've gotten into the 2nd or 3rd round with another year.
    Didn't I say he should have came back?