Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

4th Round over. Elijah Qualls still waiting.

2»

Comments

• priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,037

priapism said:

Out of all the DTs who played a lot last year, Qualls was the least memorable to me. He's not strong enough yet to get to NFL QBs. Doesn't have the push Greg Gaines has. Very DUM for him to leave early...and he was punished in this draft for it. He did 33 reps for his chest, but his legs and hips are still too weak. He might not make an NFL team because of his weaknesses. Dum move by him.

Though Greg Gaines may not have huge #s, he is so strong and disruptive - pushing guys back so far, that he quite possibly causes the most problems for the opposing teams. QBs always panicked last year when he penetrated deeply. He should easily be a top 3 round pick in the future, but he probably won't be. Gaines is my favorite guy on the DL. I love his face when he plays. I hope NFL teams start to notice him.

Dude he was just out of shape. There point where he would dominate players and then get washed out. His problem is conditioning, he was plenty strong. Agreed, Gaines is probably the most consistent and the best DT we had last year.
    So you're saying that he gets weaker as the game goes on?
    Nice.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    priapism said:

priapism said:

Out of all the DTs who played a lot last year, Qualls was the least memorable to me. He's not strong enough yet to get to NFL QBs. Doesn't have the push Greg Gaines has. Very DUM for him to leave early...and he was punished in this draft for it. He did 33 reps for his chest, but his legs and hips are still too weak. He might not make an NFL team because of his weaknesses. Dum move by him.

Though Greg Gaines may not have huge #s, he is so strong and disruptive - pushing guys back so far, that he quite possibly causes the most problems for the opposing teams. QBs always panicked last year when he penetrated deeply. He should easily be a top 3 round pick in the future, but he probably won't be. Gaines is my favorite guy on the DL. I love his face when he plays. I hope NFL teams start to notice him.

Dude he was just out of shape. There point where he would dominate players and then get washed out. His problem is conditioning, he was plenty strong. Agreed, Gaines is probably the most consistent and the best DT we had last year.
    Nice.
    there is difference between strength and conditioning
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

priapism said:

priapism said:

Nice.
    there is difference between strength and conditioning
    Some of you need to learn the difference
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

I think part of Qualls problem is a lack of versatility.

4-3 teams probably don't love him because he's not a huge disrupter.

Even though he's 320 pounds, he's not a huge NT in a 3-4. He's too short to be a 3-4 DE.

Good player at UW. He probably should have returned, but I don't think he ever came to UW to play school.

Obviously he should've fucking come back, are you stupid? The only people that think it was a good decision are Kim and Eklund.

He could've gotten into the 2nd or 3rd round with another year.
    Exactly ...

When I look at Qualls, I see a guy that has the tools to be a good player and is more of a gamer than he is a beast in the underwear Olympics ...

That being said, the underwear Olympics matter at the professional level because they see flab around the gut as a sign of commitment and discipline ... and when you make your money off of your body ... your one job is to make sure that you take good care of it.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Didn't the Broncos draft a 24/25 year old OL @ #20?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Yeah, this bullshit about him not being able to increase his value because he would be 23 is strange. Any player can come back, play better, and get in better shape.

In my defense when I said that I thought he was going 4th round. I don't think he would have gone higher than that next year.

He definitely could have gone higher than 6th next year.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    If Quals comes back for his senior year playing 5 tech, does his stock increase?
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,574
    Tequilla said:

Even though he's 320 pounds, he's not a huge NT in a 3-4. He's too short to be a 3-4 DE.

Good player at UW. He probably should have returned, but I don't think he ever came to UW to play school.

Obviously he should've fucking come back, are you stupid? The only people that think it was a good decision are Kim and Eklund.

Exactly ...

When I look at Qualls, I see a guy that has the tools to be a good player and is more of a gamer than he is a beast in the underwear Olympics ...

That being said, the underwear Olympics matter at the professional level because they see flab around the gut as a sign of commitment and discipline ... and when you make your money off of your body ... your one job is to make sure that you take good care of it.
    This explains why Vince Wilfork could never stick with an NFL franchise
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    ntxduck said:

Tequilla said:

Exactly ...

This explains why Vince Wilfork could never stick with an NFL franchise
    Qualls was a good college player, but Wilfork was a true monster. I get your point, but still...
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    The reason Qualls won't make it is because he's not good enough. I don't think his weight holds him back as much as you think. Mebane was a fat pig too and still a beast.
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840

The reason Qualls won't make it

Define "make it".

I am willing to bet Qualls will be on an active roster (not practice squad) this season.