Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Teq Spring Fling Running Thread - Diarrhea of Posts

124»

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Ty Jones just burned the shit out of Byron Murphy ... BADLY

I see Murphy as a guy who will get burned, but an elite playmaker on D. I've never seen him so I'm talking out of my ass, but that's the vibe I get from the reports and his background.
    In fairness to Murphy, it was a 1 on 1 drill with a full field open to the WR and for the DB to defend against ... so to say that that's probably as bad of a position to put a DB in would be very accurate.

Murphy definitely shows much better in a full team setting and the ball skills and in particular his ability to break on balls is elite.

I'm sure that he'll take some lumps here and there defensively this year but he'll have help supporting him so I'm not particularly worried.

I definitely think that Murphy will be an All P12 Freshman performer ... very few concerns with him in the grand scheme of things.
    he got ball skills. that one handed pick was awesome
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,644
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

FG kicking ... might be a problem

Don't take anything from today. Thanks!
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

Story of McGrew's camp ... one step forward 2 steps back

Pointless to make any judgements from today. You don't Know anything about his camp.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

If Magna Carta has to play and we don't hand it off 81% of the time my head might explode

Spring scrimmage. One practice doesn't mean shit. Not fair of you to make such a claim on the kid.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Bread said:

if mcgrew was 5'8 he would have caught that!

I still don't understand the hype for this kid. I'd love to be wrong but I hate midget players.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,654
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited April 2017
    DeepSeaZ said:

Bread said:

I still don't understand the hype for this kid. I'd love to be wrong but I hate white players.
    No need to mince words you coward.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

DeepSeaZ said:

Bread said:

I still don't understand the hype for this kid. I'd love to be wrong but I hate midget players.
    RB is the one position where I can tolerate a midget (and occasionally WR).
    You could also argue that there's some benefit to it in the ability to hide behind the line ... that and if able to get out in the open field, really hard to bring down as there isn't a large tackling zone.

In his prime, I don't think that there were more than 5-10 other players in the NFL more difficult to tackle than Darren Sproles.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment

DeepSeaZ said:

Bread said:

I still don't understand the hype for this kid. I'd love to be wrong but I hate Columbian players.
    No need to mince words you coward.
  • Options
    skinnedskinned Member Posts: 103
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    jecornel said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Ty Jones just burned the shit out of Byron Murphy ... BADLY

I see Murphy as a guy who will get burned, but an elite playmaker on D. I've never seen him so I'm talking out of my ass, but that's the vibe I get from the reports and his background.
    In fairness to Murphy, it was a 1 on 1 drill with a full field open to the WR and for the DB to defend against ... so to say that that's probably as bad of a position to put a DB in would be very accurate.

Murphy definitely shows much better in a full team setting and the ball skills and in particular his ability to break on balls is elite.

I'm sure that he'll take some lumps here and there defensively this year but he'll have help supporting him so I'm not particularly worried.

I definitely think that Murphy will be an All P12 Freshman performer ... very few concerns with him in the grand scheme of things.
    As coker said, spring game means nothing
    jecornel said:

Tequilla said:

FG kicking ... might be a problem

Don't take anything from today. Thanks!
    jecornel said:

Tequilla said:

Story of McGrew's camp ... one step forward 2 steps back

Pointless to make any judgements from today. You don't Know anything about his camp.
    jecornel said:

Tequilla said:

If Magna Carta has to play and we don't hand it off 81% of the time my head might explode

Spring scrimmage. One practice doesn't mean shit. Not fair of you to make such a claim on the kid.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,654

In this thread, @Tequilla refuses to admit he's gay but at the same time, keeps most of his poasts short and to the point.

@jecornel shows that he has a huge sandy vag.

That's only because it was stream of conscious. If you add it all up you end up with the average post
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,140
    Founders Club

In this thread, @Tequilla refuses to admit he's gay but at the same time, keeps most of his poasts short and to the point.

@jecornel shows that he has a huge sandy vag.

That's only because it was stream of conscious. If you add it all up you end up with the average post
    Fair poont