Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Nowell staying...

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    First real good news since Hop signed.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I'd give Hop about a 8/10 on his start here. Would have been nice to keep Davis too but getting Thybulle to stay and keeping Davis is a solid start.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

I'd give Hop about a 8/10 on his start here. Would have been nice to keep Davis too but getting Thybulle to stay and keeping Davis is a solid start.

That's high to me. With all the "he's a great recruiter talk" I expected him to do better than stealing a kid from USF and one from Seattle U. I know it's late in the game but I thought he could pull at least one guy better than that level.

I never thought Thybulle was going anywhere but I agree losing him would have been devastating.

Keeping Nowell is excellent news.

6/10 for me, roughly.
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    This is huge news, especially for us keeping future in state talent.
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    Hop isn't done. They have more spots to fill. We lost Davis, Harris, Porter jr and that other kid from Missouri.
  • Options
    pat_hm said:

This is huge news, especially for us keeping future in state talent.

Could be. Davis was a bad sign, Nowell's a good one. I'm kind of LIPO at this point.

I think Kevin Porter is going to be the first real litmus test.
  • Options
    SaracenSaracen Member Posts: 269
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    For sure keeping Nowell is a big get for the program, especially where it stands now. But it seems this is taking it a bit too far. This guy really just isn't good at his job.

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Great hard hitting journalism from Dawgman as always... because keeping someone is apparently the same as flipping someone.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Saracen said:

For sure keeping Nowell is a big get for the program, especially where it stands now. But it seems this is taking it a bit too far. This guy really just isn't good at his job.

You know why you were flagged
  • Options
    Petersen3098Petersen3098 Member Posts: 365
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    This is great for UW, I think that Nowell will put up decent numbers next year. This will really help recruiting guys like Kevin Porter Jr and J'Raan Brooks
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'm hearing Arizona just landed a tremendous crooter, though.
  • Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    I'd like to see him go after the Hepa guy from Jefferson (OR) next year. They also have younger guy named Tsohonis whos for real. But ya Kevin Porter and JRaan need to be top targets.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

This is a puff piece, but it's still a reason to be bullish on Hopkins. Guys are going to work. Setting the culture is much more important than this year's recruiting class.

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/04/18/mike-hopkins-washington-huskies-coach?xid=socialflow_twitter_si

Building substance in the program is the most important attribute for 2017-2018 ... having a 2018 recruiting class that mirrors what we're trying to do on the court is very important.

I did have a good laugh at the idea of Green being a much improved player ... he's brutal.