Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    edited November 2013
    I am rooting for whatever outcome will get the Sark out of WA the fastest. Not sure what it is because my fucking scepter stopped working. Else I would have fixed this shit in 2010.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,571 Founders Club
    Troogs love Sark. One wannabe insider tried to chew me out when I criticized him a few yrs. ago
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    That article was gayer ($75k) than Matt Garrison.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    wait in that case GO HUSKIES! i need to see a championship from mora. we act like 0-12 never happened. sark is classy guy yes sir a real class act.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    Try to recall when was the last time a football coach made a move from one school to another within the Pac conference and how well did it work out? Tommy Prothro from OSU to UCLA; Bruce Snyder from CAL to ASU; Larry Smith from Arizona to USC; Dennis Erikson from WSU to OSU via Miami and Seahawks to ASU via 49ers and Idaho (and DE ain't done yet). I don't believe there's a chance in hell that USC will hire an unproven head football coach such as Sarkisian. They're likely going to hire a good coach with a proven resume as a head coach who they believe will get Troy back to the quality of coaching they lost when Pete Carroll left. Sark has if nothing else proven at UW that he's not that guy.
    Tailgater said:

Try to recall when was the last time a football coach made a move from one school to another within the Pac conference and how well did it work out? Tommy Prothro from OSU to UCLA; Bruce Snyder from CAL to ASU; Larry Smith from Arizona to USC; Dennis Erikson from WSU to OSU via Miami and Seahawks to ASU via 49ers and Idaho (and DE ain't done yet). I don't believe there's a chance in hell that USC will hire an unproven head football coach such as Sarkisian. They're likely going to hire a good coach with a proven resume as a head coach who they believe will get Troy back to the quality of coaching they lost when Pete Carroll left. Sark has if nothing else proven at UW that he's not that guy.

Unfortunately, what is all too obvious to USC, is painfully a mystery to UW's decision makers.
  • trackertracker Member Posts: 866
    Tailgater said:

So, you're saying Mike Price is out?

:)
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Tailgater said:

Every time Ty Willingham moved from one conference team to another, he got worse.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tailgater said:

If we're counting Erickson then you have to count Ty and Rick also.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    no_uh said:

Are there actually any USC fans that think hiring Sark is a good idea? Everything I've seen so far has been media manufactured. I have a hard time believing that he is being considered seriously, or would be even if we ran the table. Sucks.

He has a good agent.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,128

I am rooting for whatever outcome will get the Sark out of WA the fastest. Not sure what it is because my fucking scepter stopped working. Else I would have fixed this shit in 2010.

Finishing by winning out and Sark being hired elsewhere would be the best possible scenario. Then you bring in a coach who actually knows what he's doing and you have the recruiting and program momentum as well.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Finishing by winning out and Sark being hired elsewhere would be the best possible scenario. Then you bring in a coach who actually knows what he's doing and you have the recruiting and program momentum as well.
    It's the best possible scenario but also the most unlikely.

Hell, any scenario that ends with a different UW coach next year is unlikely. How's that Joey's Waitress fund coming?
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

I need to change my pants after imagining that scenario.
    dnc said:

It's the best possible scenario but also the most unlikely.

Hell, any scenario that ends with a different UW coach next year is unlikely. How's that Joey's Waitress fund coming?
    About as well as the firesark campaign.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Yeah Im sure USC fans will be glued to the TV with Sark in mind. If UW had beat ASU yes, but Haden saw the very same deficiencies in Sark during his loss to ASU as he did Kitty when he let HIM go. Were stuck with the fat bastard.
    Is Raffi available to perform during halftime of the Apple Cup? pupplyove's, "We're stuck with the fat bastard" brough to mind the song about wheels on the bus go round and round. Nothing changing at WA.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    This SC garbage is so obviously a negotiating ploy. The only unknown is whether SW will cave on a massive contract extension pre UCLA and OSU.
  • I think USC goes after David Shaw first then Tim DeRuyter and then Jack Del Rio.

I would have had Del Rio higher up but with him being an interim head coach on a possible SB team don't know if he's in a spot to bail.

I think the Penn State coach is a possibility for USC as well.