Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jude suffers debilitating blow

doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
Some 7,200 gallons of concentrated Mountain Dew syrup created a "huge foaming event" and generated environmental concerns after it went down the drain, literally, at the Pepsi bottling plant on Mason Road in Howell last month.

http://www.livingstondaily.com/story/news/2017/04/10/pepsi-mops-up-unusual-mountain-dew-spill/100170964/

Comments

• Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    @Coke>>>Pepsi...

Maybe everyone already knows this and I'm the idiot but nevertheless I found it quite disturbing. Anyway, the other day this gal I've been seeing managed to play the radio too long on my car...long story short the battery died. Some Nebraska-classy Texan gave me a jump and in the process he noticed that he had a ton of battery corrosion build-up. After showing me, he asked if I happened to have a Coke in the car. I had just made a Costco run earlier in the day so I had quite a few still in the trunk. Basically the guy explained to me that if you pour Coke on your battery, it completely erodes battery acid build up.

I found that quite comforting.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

@Coke>>>Pepsi...

Maybe everyone already knows this and I'm the idiot but nevertheless I found it quite disturbing. Anyway, the other day this gal I've been seeing managed to play the radio too long on my car...long story short the battery died. Some Nebraska-classy Texan gave me a jump and in the process he noticed that he had a ton of battery corrosion build-up. After showing me, he asked if I happened to have a Coke in the car. I had just made a Costco run earlier in the day so I had quite a few still in the trunk. Basically the guy explained to me that if you pour Coke on your battery, it completely erodes battery acid build up.

I found that quite comforting.

Cokes some dark shit man
  • Options
    Concrete finishers spray coke onto newly poured and troweled concrete to eat off the top layer before hosing it off to make exposed aggregate finish.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    doogie said:

Concrete finishers spray coke onto newly poured and troweled concrete to eat off the top layer before hosing it off to make exposed aggregate finish.

Man, no they don't. Really? Like a larger pump spray bottle or cannister?

I just had stamped concrete done ... The only thing I noticed was some color powder applied to match the house ... And the rain washed it away soon after.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,944
    edited April 2017
    @PurpleThrobber has been jumped by a Texan before too.

I wish it was just the battery on which he sprayed his sticky syrupy liquid.

They're not kidding when they say everything is bigger in Texas.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    animate said:

doogie said:

I just had stamped concrete done ... The only thing I noticed was some color powder applied to match the house ... And the rain washed it away soon after.
    Look in the back of the concrete truck for a 5 gallon pump sprayer. Ask the contractor what he uses it for.

It sounds like you bought colored stamped finish, not EX Agg
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    doogie said:

animate said:

doogie said:

Look in the back of the concrete truck for a 5 gallon pump sprayer. Ask the contractor what he uses it for.

It sounds like you bought colored stamped finish, not EX Agg
    Yah, we went stamped, not exposed aggregate.

I guess the contactor buys coke from Walmart or Costco or something?

"Honey, going to Costco for a couple hundred flats of coke, you want a churro?"
  • Options
    Intersectional_DawgIntersectional_Dawg Member Posts: 524
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    doogie said:

Well anything mildly acidic would work. Coke happens to be cheap and available.
  • Options
    tenndawgtenndawg Member Posts: 1,161
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

doogie said:

Coke happens to be cheap and available.
    Cool - where are you right now ? I will take everything you have in stock...

I know you think I said "a lot" - no, I said all of it, the entire inventory
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Real contractors use salt. And if you don't get the color mixed in the concrete you might as well buy from the gypsy that has some left over concrete and will do your driveway for you at a discount
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Whoever figures out how to cross breed mountain dew with weed is going to be a very rich man.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    PurpleJ said:

Whoever figures out how to cross breed mountain dew with weed is going to be a very rich man.

Such Dew, J
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,981
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Real contractors use salt. And if you don't get the color mixed in the concrete you might as well buy from the gypsy that has some left over concrete and will do your driveway for you at a discount

I thought gypsies laid asphalt?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam

I thought gypsies laid asphalt?
    True. It degrades over night. Concrete might actually last