Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Seahawks are going to trade Richard Sherman

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Carroll and Schneider can't quit talking about. Sherman doesn't strike me as a guy who responds well to being slighted. They must already have an offer they're comfortable with and are trying to drive up the price, otherwise talking about it so publicly makes no damn sense. No idea what they can get for him, mid to late first rounder would be my guest.

Really bizzarre the way they've handled this. Pete must just be done with him on the sidelines.

And yes I said before this wouldn't happen. Things change fast out here, ups and downs, new hobby, yadda, yadda.

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    How could they do that to the 12s?
  • Options
    Intersectional_DawgIntersectional_Dawg Member Posts: 524
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    I don't really buy the distraction thing. If they do trade him it would be because of the cap.
  • Options

I don't really buy the distraction thing. If they do trade him it would be because of the cap.

I see it the opposite. They only save $12 million per year on the cap for trading him, which isn't a big cap hit for a top 5 (at worst) corner. I don't buy it as a cap issue. Especially not when they basically have no returning corners besides Sherman who are worth a damn with Shead hurt.

If they move him it's because they're tired of him (and they love the CB's in this draft).
  • Options
    dnc said:

I see it the opposite. They only save $12 million per year on the cap for trading him, which isn't a big cap hit for a top 5 (at worst) corner. I don't buy it as a cap issue. Especially not when they basically have no returning corners besides Sherman who are worth a damn with Shead hurt.

If they move him it's because they're tired of him (and they love the CB's in this draft).
    I see drafting a young corner as a cap move.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Did they fire Bevell yet?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,562
    Swaye's Wigwam

Did they fire Bevell yet?

This

If they fire Sherman for going after Bevel the franchise is over. If Sherman is washed up then fuck him
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

They pick up another high pick in a defensive draft, take two corners and get back $27+ million in cap space over the next 2 seasons.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    doogie said:

dnc said:

They pick up another high pick in a defensive draft, take two corners and get back $27+ million in cap space over the next 2 seasons.
    TWBBWD
  • Options
    doogie said:

dnc said:

I read it was $12 million this year and $12 million next, where did you get $27?
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    doogie said:

dnc said:

And their OC and OL would still be dogshit.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I like the scenario, it would be amazing if another team was FS enough to take him. He probably only has 2 or 3 years of above average play left, they'd have to give up a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him, and his attitude is atrocious.
    doogie said:

dnc said:

• Options
    I'm waiting for Tequilla to chime in.
  • Options
    doogie said:

Clayton

Apparently it's $11.4 million this year and $11 million next year. Clayton must have sighted the total cap hit, but the prorated signing bonus hits the Hawks cap regardless, all they can get out from under with a trade are his 2017-2018 salaries.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,553
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Belichick will get him for a 7th round pick.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I hope he gets traded. It sounds like a recipe for disaster if they keep him after everything being so public.

The Seahawks have been a little too loyal to their core players. Someone needs to go.
  • Options

I hope he gets traded. It sounds like a recipe for disaster if they keep him after everything being so public.

The Seahawks have been a little too loyal to their offensive coordinator. He needs to go.

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

He's not a top 5 corner anymore.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

dnc said:

He's not a top 5 corner anymore.
    My bad. Top 3.

At worst.