Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    MyrnaMecaqueMyrnaMecaque Member Posts: 2
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic
    Tells me our new coach prefers your basic long time all nighter. Hell, yes. The "one and doners" have not made UW an insignificant loser, they have made HUSKY BB a spectacular, well-advertised loser. Hop is going to have the boys tighten their chin straps and hit somebody. I wonder if he'll bring back the mid-drift jerseys?
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Haha yeah, two year guys (like Terrance Ross) can work out at UW but one and doners like Hawes, Wroten, and Fultz led to a lot of high visibility wheel spinning in the mud.

Tells me our new coach prefers your basic long time all nighter. Hell, yes. The "one and doners" have not made UW an insignificant loser, they have made HUSKY BB a spectacular, well-advertised loser. Hop is going to have the boys tighten their chin straps and hit somebody. I wonder if he'll bring back the mid-drift jerseys?

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HFNY said:

Haha yeah, two year guys (like Terrance Ross) can work out at UW but one and doners like Hawes, Wroten, and Fultz led to a lot of high visibility wheel spinning in the mud.

Also kind of funny that Ross's second year was Wroten's one year.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

HFNY said:

One and doners aren't the problem. Not developing talent around them has been the problem.

If Hop doesn't think he'll have the talent around Porter next year to justify the distraction and inability to install his system/culture then I'm all for him not taking him. But Hop only has a natty ring because Carmelo. He'll be all for taking one and dones when the time is right.
    Yep. Syracuse has had a few one and dones. There is no way avoiding them. Some guys you expect to stay 2-3 years will leave after one.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    Standard Supporter
    Well Syracuse had a system in place and very stable coaching (and program support) to manage Melo as a one and doner.

I'm not against one and doners and but the conditions have to be right.
    dnc said:

HFNY said:

One and doners aren't the problem. Not developing talent around them has been the problem.

If Hop doesn't think he'll have the talent around Porter next year to justify the distraction and inability to install his system/culture then I'm all for him not taking him. But Hop only has a natty ring because Carmelo. He'll be all for taking one and dones when the time is right.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Not to sound like captain obvious, but how fucking hard is it to inspire kids to play hard?

AAU has fucked the game up. It's cool to be nonchalant.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,083
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ultimately Romar was undone by Murray and Chriss. No one saw them being one and done, and replacing those types in April is tough to do. Those two with Fultz would have been fun to watch. But it didn't and the team sucked.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Ultimately Romar was undone by Murray and Chriss. No one saw them being one and done, and replacing those types in April is tough to do. Those two with Fultz would have been fun to watch. But it didn't and the team sucked.

Uh, no.

Romar was undone when those fags were in middle school.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Why do you hate Williams Goss and half that team?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NWG will have a nice career in Europe. He can eat a dick as well. Obviously hypothetical, but I wonder if he stays Murray becomes a first round draft pick? One will never know.
  • Options

@ThomasFremont had Murray as a one and done from the start....well at least until the very end when all of a sudden he said he'd stay. But he had him as a one and done talent early.

Nobody saw Chriss blowing up like he did, but Romar was done long before Chriss's hypothetical sophomore year.
  • Options
    Intersectional_DawgIntersectional_Dawg Member Posts: 524
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Doogles said:

Not to sound like captain obvious, but how fucking hard is it to inspire kids to play hard?

AAU has fucked the game up. It's cool to be nonchalant.

This is so dumb and Caucasian.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

@ThomasFremont had Murray as a one and done from the start....well at least until the very end when all of a sudden he said he'd stay. But he had him as a one and done talent early.

Nobody saw Chriss blowing up like he did, but Romar was done long before Chriss's hypothetical sophomore year.
    FREE PUB!!1!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    A program worth a shit is never about one player ... Xavier is a good example of that
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I agree, was it 2011 and 2012 recruiting was head scratching as well. I remember the talk about Murray being under hyped. I also remember watching Jaylen Nowell basically shutting him down in the state tourney. I don't think anyone thinks Nowell is one and done either. Maybe his AAU coach or handlers.
  • Options

I agree, was it 2011 and 2012 recruiting was head scratching as well. I remember the talk about Murray being under hyped. I also remember watching Jaylen Nowell basically shutting him down in the state tourney. I don't think anyone thinks Nowell is one and done either. Maybe his AAU coach or handlers.

I haven't seen any buzz about Nowell or Davis being one and done. I think they're probably 2-3 year guys but you never know.