Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jacob Sirmon: "We hate Woodinville"

Comments

• Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment

DeepSeaZ said:

Hey hight film guys. Watch lowlights too. Can a player overcome adversity? Can a player overcome negativity? Can he put his team in the best position to win? That's the guy I want.

Sounds like you should quit Washington football
    Then whatshouldicareabout?
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

This is all so hopeless

It's why some of us have a podcast that talks a lot of recruiting and others don't
    This is sad, sad chest beating.
    Another woosh that many fell for hook line and sinker
    You really suck at this.
    He will never convince anyone he was going for the whoosh.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Jesus. One fucking game. He had a shit O-line last year. That line is incrementally better this year. Kid is still a junior and has almost 2 full seasons left to play. He is less than half way through his high school career in terms of games played. Not worried in the least about this game. Besides we get Dylan Morris in 2019.

Dylan Morris looked like he sucked against Sumner ... we probably shouldn't go after him either
    We shouldn't. Spiker's QB is better.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,232
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited March 2017
    Tequilla said:

This is all so hopeless

It's why some of us have a podcast that talks a lot of recruiting and others don't
    Wow, what a shitheel comment from our friend Tequilla
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

This is all so hopeless

That's my job ...

And this WDWHA or rush to assume that Sirmon is door.ass.out is way too premature IMO ...

Sirmon's physical talent is obvious ... we have heard the rumors about papa and son Sirmon fighting with each other a bit to the point where it is clear that Sirmon probably has a little growing up to do ...

He also is still 17 years old and you don't give up on that kind of talent ...

Taking 2 QBs in this class is giving insurance that we will emerge from Browning with a great QB option (I only wish we were as diligent on our OL) ... I could see both starting games for UW down the road ... but it also gives protection in case the intangibles to Sirmon don't pan out and what DJ cited never improves

My experiences around talented HS level players when they start facing adversity is that they often struggle initially with it because it is so new ... once the shock wears away though it comes down to either they pull themselves off the mat after getting knocked down and show the heart of a fighter or they wallow in their self pity and ultimately flame out ...

Behind every great athlete is a great heart and the unmistakenable desire to compete and fight for victories ...

Jacob Sirmon for perhaps the first time in his life is REALLY faced with this ... any warnings from either his Dad or Pete up until now probably fell largely on deaf ears ... this very well may be his wake up call to reality. The ball is in his court ... let's see how he responds.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

This is all so hopeless

That's my job ...

And this WDWHA or rush to assume that Sirmon is door.ass.out is way too premature IMO ...

Sirmon's physical talent is obvious ... we have heard the rumors about papa and son Sirmon fighting with each other a bit to the point where it is clear that Sirmon probably has a little growing up to do ...

Taking 2 QBs in this class is giving insurance that we will emerge from Browning with a great QB option (I only wish we were as diligent on our OL) ... I could see both starting games for UW down the road ... but it also gives protection in case the intangibles to Sirmon don't pan out and what DJ cited never improves

My experiences around talented HS level players when they start facing adversity is that they often struggle initially with it because it is so new ... once the shock wears away though it comes down to either they pull themselves off the mat after getting knocked down and show the heart of a fighter or they wallow in their self pity and ultimately flame out ...

Behind every great athlete is a great heart and the unmistakenable desire to compete and fight for victories ...

Jacob Sirmon for perhaps the first time in his life is REALLY faced with this ... any warnings from either his Dad or Pete up until now probably fell largely on deaf ears ... this very well may be his wake up call to reality. The ball is in his court ... let's see how he responds.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

This is all so hopeless

That's my job ...

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

This is all so hopeless

That's my job ...

Your experience? What experience is that? Why not just say you might be wrong about the kid and we might be right? After all, we actually watched him play.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZ said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

This is all so hopeless

That's my job ...

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

This is all so hopeless

That's my job ...

Your experience? What experience is that? Why not just say you might be wrong about the kid and we might be right? After all, we actually watched him play.
    Saying that a 16-17 year old kid has no chance of getting it together between the ears is a load of shit ... it just is.

Clearly there's more to the story here than what was evident with poor body language or whatnot on the field ... and it's been talked about across many different angles.

He's still got the physical talent in place to still want to get him in the program and see if he can get it all figured out. But clearly there's enough there to make sure that an insurance policy was a prudent play.

To say someone was right or wrong at this point is a load of shit ... nobody knows how Sirmon's going to ultimately pan out whether it is at UW or somewhere else.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

DeepSeaZ said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

This is all so hopeless

That's my job ...

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

This is all so hopeless

That's my job ...

Saying that a 16-17 year old kid has no chance of getting it together between the ears is a load of shit ... it just is.

Clearly there's more to the story here than what was evident with poor body language or whatnot on the field ... and it's been talked about across many different angles.

He's still got the physical talent in place to still want to get him in the program and see if he can get it all figured out. But clearly there's enough there to make sure that an insurance policy was a prudent play.

To say someone was right or wrong at this point is a load of shit ... nobody knows how Sirmon's going to ultimately pan out whether it is at UW or somewhere else.
    This is mostly true. There is no way to know if Sirmon will pan out. You have to know that Yankoff is Petersen and the coaches preference.
    I don't think you can conclude that at all at this point ... the only way you could that would be if we pulled Sirmon's offer ... and there's no evidence of that at all.

My guess as to how this is all playing out:

1) The intangibles to Sirmon that were cited early on by @DerekJohnson have not gotten better ... we know that there have been some issues given the reported "challenges" between Sirmon and his father ... my best guess as to those disagreements and challenges are going somewhere in the direction of Papa Sirmon telling little Sirmon that he needs to get his head on straight and that his behavior that he's probably had people in his ear about for a while needs to change or he's going to blow it ... little Sirmon doesn't want to hear that.

2) Pete's looking at his QB depth chart and realizing that Magna Carta can be a graduate transfer after this year and isn't an option to replace Browning after he leaves (assuming he stays for all 4 years) leaving only Bridge Gadd (could compete as a starter - but probably a significant step back from Browning) and Haener (LOL) being the only QBs remaining on the roster before the 2018 recruiting class. It's possible that the staff hasn't seen enough out of DBG at this point to feel like he's a relevant QB to battle against whoever comes in in this class ... and if Sirmon already struggles with a "I'm better than thou" attitude, letting him walk into a QB battle where he's likely going to win it by default probably wasn't appealing to Pete.

3) Further, looking at the potential QB battle in 2019, there's also a chance that if DBG doesn't win the QB battle that he could transfer after the 2019 as a graduate transfer leaving the only QBs on the roster at that point (if only taking 1 QB in this class) as Sirmon, Haener, 2019 QB ... that's just not enough depth.

4) Yankoff has the kind of athletic ability that is competitive enough with Sirmon to push him while also potentially being better between the ears that this becomes a definite QB battle. Having 2 QBs that can push each other not only SHOULD in the long run make both better, but provides great insurance for the position going forward.

5) Sirmon's being pressed to figure out how bad he wants it ... he's likely facing the greatest adversity (at least athletically) that he's ever faced. How does he respond to it? Lots of popcorn to that.

6) The more I look at the depth chart, the more I think it's very possible that we'll take 2 QBs in this class and 3 over the next 2 years ... and this is largely driven by the fact that Haener's just not looking like a guy that will be a viable piece in our depth. If we're playing him that's likely a huge problem.
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,109
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Screw Sirmon. I am from Woodinville and I rock!
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Saw Sirmon play at the Pop against Inglemoor this year. Inglemoor, for those outside the northshore, is perennially horrible because that's where all the smart kids go for International Baccalaureate, and unlike Bellevue and Skyline, they don't recruit to make up for it. The serious athletes who can't reed strong go to Bothell. The serious athletes who read kinda strong go to Woodinhood.

So against a bunch of Indian and Asian sons of software engineers, who are better at calculus II than they are at sports, I'll tell you that Sirmon seemed to REALLY like throwing to the other team. They picked him at least twice, and should have picked him 8 or more times, except that his passes tended to hit them in the chest plate, which makes it really hard to intercept. At one point I wondered if the kid had Testaverde's 86 Fiesta Bowl color blindness.

Good luck with him. He's big and has a decent arm, but Le Swede is big and has a CANON for an arm. Doesn't mean shit if they can't read coverage and have accuracy problems.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,716
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Jim Mora went to Inglemore

Nuff said on that
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Saw Sirmon play at the Pop against Inglemoor this year. Inglemoor, for those outside the northshore, is perennially horrible because that's where all the smart kids go for International Baccalaureate, and unlike Bellevue and Skyline, they don't recruit to make up for it. The serious athletes who can't reed strong go to Bothell. The serious athletes who read kinda strong go to Woodinhood.

So against a bunch of Indian and Asian sons of software engineers, who are better at calculus II than they are at sports, I'll tell you that Sirmon seemed to REALLY like throwing to the other team. They picked him at least twice, and should have picked him 8 or more times, except that his passes tended to hit them in the chest plate, which makes it really hard to intercept. At one point I wondered if the kid had Testaverde's 86 Fiesta Bowl color blindness.

Good luck with him. He's big and has a decent arm, but Le Swede is big and has a CANON for an arm. Doesn't mean shit if they can't read coverage and have accuracy problems.

I'm a serious athlete who was considering Inglemoor, but their academics aren't good enough imo
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm a serious cock gobbler who was considering Mooredickr, but their cheer teams aren't good enough imo