Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

(POL)ICE? You decide

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Not sure how I feel on this one. In general I don't like the idea of the feds being in the police business. I get where ICE is coming from with the need to readily identify themselves, but I think I'm with the libs on this one, though probably for different reasons. I also realize nobody seemed to complain about ICE having police gear before #Trump, but that still doesn't make me comfortable with them having it. Where do you guys stand on this?

L.A. officials to ICE: Stop calling yourselves police

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Seems like semantics to me. They've had POLICE on their uniforms for a long time. And I don't believe that LA is really into community policing in immigrant neighborhoods now. So the whole" well an immigrant won't come forward now" stance is Horseshit IMO.

More pandering to liberals by City Hall. Like every other City on the left coast. Nothing more nothing less.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    salemcoog said:

Seems like semantics to me. They've had POLICE on their uniforms for a long time. And I don't believe that LA is really into community policing in immigrant neighborhoods now. So the whole" well an immigrant won't come forward now" stance is Horseshit IMO.

More pandering to liberals by City Hall. Like every other City on the left coast. Nothing more nothing less.

I think you're probably right, which is why I have mixed feelings. But the small government guy in me still doesn't like the idea of federal police, I'd prefer to keep those two concepts as separate as possible.
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited March 2017
    Night of the Long Knives
    cleared up past uniform issues.

Trump Steaks might become profitable again against a broken restaurant/vegetable-fruit picking system.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,891
    I'm down with ICE.

I'd floss big-time in that uniform.

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    priapism said:

Night of the Long Knives
    cleared up past uniform issues.

Trump Steaks might become profitable again against a broken restaurant/vegetable-fruit picking system.

LEARN TO EMAIL CARY@FAIRFAXUNDERGROUND YOU IDIOT! HAHAHA!