Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sounds like the Neuheisel deal. Leaked info to get her fired to bring in a competent AD.
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I support fake women's sports

whatever it takes
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    How stupid can you get? Seriously. This dumb ass move is going to result in sanctions of some kind. Now I could care less about ROWING as a sport but using it to skirt (no pun intended) Title IX requirements is something a well run, prestigious university doesn't do. What a freakin' bush league move.

On the other hand, this mess will result in some major fat sweat for our favorite, politically correct AD hire. So that's all good.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,312
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    CHRIST

Wonder if Ernst or Bullis tipped off the Seattle Times
  • Options
    ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited March 2017
    I bet the tipping was done by Lance Lopes. I think he was pushed out when Jen was hired. He is former legal council for the Seahawks, and his brother is director of football operations at USC. Just a wild guess. I have no inside info at all... by the way, his brother was involved in getting Sark fired from USC.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Title IX is no joke....Dumb move
  • Options
    skinnedskinned Member Posts: 103
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    HuskyJW said:

Title IX is no joke....Dumb move

What do you think could reasonably come out of this? Is the football team at risk?
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    section8 said:

Better make a preemptive move to self-impose a men's basketball post-season ban for the next few years just in case.

section8 said:

Better make a preemptive move to self-impose a men's basketball post-season ban for the next few years just in case.

Add fucking rowing and I'm on board.

• Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    section8 said:

Post-season ban and Lorenzo Romar forced to sell his couch.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,312
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    So this kind of feels like a big fucking deal... no follow up articles or responses from the A.D.? Did any national college sports writers pick up on this story?
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    gmo said:

section8 said:

Post-season ban and Lorenzo Romar forced to sell his couch.
    If they don't light the couch on fire Romar will just take it upon himself to keep the team disqualified for post season play
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    whlinder said:

So this kind of feels like a big fucking deal... no follow up articles or responses from the A.D.? Did any national college sports writers pick up on this story?

NOC
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Thump said:

I bet the tipping was done by Lance Lopes. I think he was pushed out when Jen was hired. He is former legal council for the Seahawks, and his brother is director of football operations at USC. Just a wild guess. I have no inside info at all... by the way, his brother was involved in getting Sark fired from USC.

Good speculation. I know Lopes was pissed not to get what Jen got.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I support the idea of Title IX ... I hate the execution of it

The problem is that football completely skews the numbers and forces some really difficult decisions for ADs ...

I would 100% endorse equality under Title IX for total men's and women's scholarships when you exclude football ... otherwise everything is rediculously apples and oranges