Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Isaac Taylor-Stuart... do we have a shot?

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dnc said:

Why the fuck are people enamored with players out of state? Kyler Gordon is a great option. Lets get this fucker.

It's almost like we have room for more than one CB.
    Last time I saw our roster, it looks like we are pretty solid on corners but a little light on safeties.
    Kyler is good and we will get him unless something really weird happens.

For the last two classes we have:

CB: Murphy, Love, Taylor, Molden
    S: Rapp, Gilchrist, McKinney

Given that we play 5 DBs we probably want about 3/year (just like at OL I guess). This year, if we add 3 to that we should be in great shape.

ITS is the kind of kid who is going to act like he's it's possible he'll go to UW for a while because he thinks it will shock the world, but then that shit will wear out and he will just focus on Bama, USC, Ohio State and all that. In the end, he'll go to USC.

This is no different than Hunter Echols or Jaiden Woodbey.

The other piece of this is that the Pac-12 needs to step up their rep. We are getting robbed of a LOT of the best players from our region because people think Ohio State and Michigan are better than what they can get on the WC. The truth is, UW is a better destination than both for 80% of kids because Pete is an elite coach, but also cares about his players.
    I think we will end up with a DB group like Kyler Gordon, Josiah Bradley, and Malik Putney during this recruiting cycle.

So in 2018 we could have:

CB: Jordan Miller, Austin Joyner, Byron Murphy, Kentrell Love, Elijah Molden, Keith Taylor, Kyler Gordon
    S: JoJo McIntosh (I could see him entering after 2017 though) Taylor Rapp, Isaiah Gilchrist, Brandon McKinney, Josiah Bradley, Malik Putney

We might see another person outside of Gilchrist flip to safety. I could see Wellington honestly being a safety/linebacker hybrid type too depending who they get a LB in 2018 outside of Jack Sirmon (Tuliaupupu is a more likely 5* player than Taylor-Stuart to pick UW) . It's a good problem to have to be honest.
    Hahaha JoJo entering in 2017. GTFO his ass needs to work on his coverage skills, he is typically the one that fuck up in zone coverage in our defense.
    I saw Rapp blow a lot more coverages last year than JoJo.

I love them both though.
    Yeah later in the year Rapp was a lot more improved, and while he made big plays, JoJo was more consistent over the course of the year. They both are Sunday players.
    IDK, to me it seems that JoJo was making the more crucial mistakes or he was out of position. Freshmen typically do fuck up on their assignment, but it looked like he cleaned it up by the end of the year.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Hey @Dennis_DeYoung ... roster management is my alley ... @CokeGreaterThanPepsi gets confused forming opinions ... how in the world is he going to figure out how to manage 85+ moving parts?

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Hey @Dennis_DeYoung ... roster management is my alley ... @CokeGreaterThanPepsi gets confused forming opinions ... how in the world is he going to figure out how to manage 85+ moving parts?

@FKA_Mousecop saying that JoJo Mac is likely to enter the 18 draft is about as FS as implying that we have a better shot at Tuliaupupu (who eliminated us recently) than ITS.

IDGAF who he pm's - it needs to happen ASAP. He's fucking spamming the bored and thinks it's dawgman.

God, he is so fucking retarded.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

Why the fuck are people enamored with players out of state? Kyler Gordon is a great option. Lets get this fucker.

It's almost like we have room for more than one CB.
    Last time I saw our roster, it looks like we are pretty solid on corners but a little light on safeties.
    Kyler is good and we will get him unless something really weird happens.

For the last two classes we have:

CB: Murphy, Love, Taylor, Molden
    S: Rapp, Gilchrist, McKinney

Given that we play 5 DBs we probably want about 3/year (just like at OL I guess). This year, if we add 3 to that we should be in great shape.

ITS is the kind of kid who is going to act like he's it's possible he'll go to UW for a while because he thinks it will shock the world, but then that shit will wear out and he will just focus on Bama, USC, Ohio State and all that. In the end, he'll go to USC.

This is no different than Hunter Echols or Jaiden Woodbey.

The other piece of this is that the Pac-12 needs to step up their rep. We are getting robbed of a LOT of the best players from our region because people think Ohio State and Michigan are better than what they can get on the WC. The truth is, UW is a better destination than both for 80% of kids because Pete is an elite coach, but also cares about his players.

Getting this kid and others like him part of the new mission statement?

Yours...not Tequilla's
  • Options
    Attention MouseShit ...

To @Dennis_DeYoung's point, let me help you out for a second about building an elite level program ... we'll assume for a second that we're talking about Gary Andersen and Oregon State:

1) Upgrade talent level on the roster ... likely 50% of the roster is full of guys that have no chance at being considered players at an all-conference caliber level needed to win a conference title ... going back to UW lore think of players like Cort Dennison

2) Recruit, Recruit, Recruit ... with each class, the goal is to upgrade the talent (see #1) so that the % of players on your roster that are able to compete at that conference championship level ... when you are at this stage of your development you foster competition and allow the best players to play by earning their spot ... this is also part of changing the culture

3) Redshirting players ... now that you have built a solid level of depth into the program, you can now consider the benefits to redshirting some of your better players in a recruiting class as instead of being able to come in on Day 1 and win the starting job, they are now competing for winning a backup job ... this is a good position to be in for a program

4) Continue to up your recruiting game ... you NEVER get to a point of redshirting to redshirt ... but eventually you get to the point where for a true freshman to come in to play, the player is going to be an elite player ... it's why for instance we were able to redshirt Byron Murphy last year because we had ELITE players in front of him even though he could have played from Day 1 ... it's why Hunter Bryant will be playing from Day 1 is because he's an ELITE player that is a difference maker

My guess is that we'll probably play 4-6 of the players signed in the 2017 class as true freshman ... but the reason that we will is because they are ELITE and will make the team better. This is what you want a program to get to.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    @Dennis_DeYoung

I never once said he was "likely" to enter. I'm just saying it's in the realm of possibilities. Where did Tuliaupupu eliminate us? I might have just missed that, I don't even use Dawgman so I'm not sure what you are insinuating. Stop getting so butthurt that people have different opinions than you do.
  • Options

@Dennis_DeYoung

I never once said he was "likely" to enter. I'm just saying it's in the realm of possibilities. Where did Tuliaupupu eliminate us? I might have just missed that, I don't even use Dawgman so I'm not sure what you are insinuating. Stop getting so butthurt that people have different opinions than you do.

STOP POASTING.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Attention MouseShit ...

To @Dennis_DeYoung's point, let me help you out for a second about building an elite level program ... we'll assume for a second that we're talking about Gary Andersen and Oregon State:

1) Upgrade talent level on the roster ... likely 50% of the roster is full of guys that have no chance at being considered players at an all-conference caliber level needed to win a conference title ... going back to UW lore think of players like Cort Dennison

2) Recruit, Recruit, Recruit ... with each class, the goal is to upgrade the talent (see #1) so that the % of players on your roster that are able to compete at that conference championship level ... when you are at this stage of your development you foster competition and allow the best players to play by earning their spot ... this is also part of changing the culture

3) Redshirting players ... now that you have built a solid level of depth into the program, you can now consider the benefits to redshirting some of your better players in a recruiting class as instead of being able to come in on Day 1 and win the starting job, they are now competing for winning a backup job ... this is a good position to be in for a program

4) Continue to up your recruiting game ... you NEVER get to a point of redshirting to redshirt ... but eventually you get to the point where for a true freshman to come in to play, the player is going to be an elite player ... it's why for instance we were able to redshirt Byron Murphy last year because we had ELITE players in front of him even though he could have played from Day 1 ... it's why Hunter Bryant will be playing from Day 1 is because he's an ELITE player that is a difference maker

My guess is that we'll probably play 4-6 of the players signed in the 2017 class as true freshman ... but the reason that we will is because they are ELITE and will make the team better. This is what you want a program to get to.

This is pretty basic information I already know. Upgrading talent, redshirting players, recruiting, and starting elite true freshman is common knowledge.
  • Options

@Dennis_DeYoung

STOP POASTING.
    No thanks.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Attention MouseShit ...

This is pretty basic information I already know. Upgrading talent, redshirting players, recruiting, and starting elite true freshman is common knowledge.
    Highly Disagree
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Attention MouseShit ...

You are a fucking complete TBS moron who knows nothing and should STFU. Everything you say is either fucking obvious (no wonder Teq has to say that shit to you) or makes you sound like you are 12.

WE ARE MORE LIKELY TO GET TUILIAUPUPU!!! OH WAIT, HE TWEETED OUT HIS TOP FIVE AND WE AREN'T IN IT?!?!? BUT STILL!!!!!!

Fucking clam the fuck down and stop poasting until you make some fucking sense.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Attention MouseShit ...

Highly Disagree

Tequilla said:

Attention MouseShit ...

You are a fucking complete TBS moron who knows nothing and should STFU. Everything you say is either fucking obvious (no wonder Teq has to say that shit to you) or makes you sound like you are 12.

WE ARE MORE LIKELY TO GET TUILIAUPUPU!!! OH WAIT, HE TWEETED OUT HIS TOP FIVE AND WE AREN'T IN IT?!?!? BUT STILL!!!!!!

Seriously, where did Tuliaupupu tweet his final five? In November he posted a picture in Montlake and hasn't posted any final teams lists since, unless I'm missing something? If he did post a link to the tweet.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Attention MouseShit ...

Highly Disagree

Tequilla said:

Attention MouseShit ...

Seriously, where did Tuliaupupu tweet his final five? In November he posted a picture in Montlake and hasn't posted any final teams lists since, unless I'm missing something? If he did post a link to the tweet.
    He's going to USC. It's a worse kept secret than Foster to Stanford
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

Attention MouseShit ...

it's relatively easy to upgrade from shit (4-8) to mediocre (8-4) but it take a special kind of coach to take you consistently to 10 wins.

It's Sark vs Pete.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Attention MouseShit ...

Highly Disagree

Tequilla said:

Attention MouseShit ...

Could've been in an interview actually. Anyway, he's eliminated us. But is it really important that he did? He's going to USC.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I need to see him write it in blood that he is not going to UW before I give up on an elite recruit our DAWGS have a shot at!!1
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Attention MouseShit ...

Highly Disagree

Tequilla said:

Attention MouseShit ...

Could've been in an interview actually. Anyway, he's eliminated us. But is it really important that he did? He's going to USC.
    There was an interview about how USC is recruiting him the hardest and how he wants to visit schools out east he hasn't seen yet. I'm not denying that USC is a near-lock, but there hasn't been any official announcement. Apparently someone saw his dad in a coffee shop somewhere with a UW lanyard talking about how much he liked coach Pete and the program, but that's also just during a casual conversation. I have no idea if it's true or not either, but I think there's a greater chance (if only slightly) that he comes to UW than people think.