Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Isaac Taylor-Stuart... do we have a shot?

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

TommySQC said:

Let's stop using the "Do we have a shot?" thread titles please.

How about "DDY, CGTP, a Q?"
    crisped
    Needs about 20 moar ???? too
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

TommySQC said:

Let's stop using the "Do we have a shot?" thread titles please.

How about "DDY, CGTP, a Q?"
    crisped
    Needs about 20 moar ???? too
    troof
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    He is not going to Washington. Is. Not.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Why the fuck are people enamored with players out of state? Kyler Gordon is a great option. Lets get this fucker.
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651

Why the fuck are people enamored with players out of state? Kyler Gordon is a great option. Lets get this fucker.

Fucking HCB!!! This!

• Options

It's almost like we have room for more than one CB.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Last time I saw our roster, it looks like we are pretty solid on corners but a little light on safeties.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,925
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    This guy is the Priest Willis/ Darnay Holmes of this year. He will waffle back and forth between the LA schools for attention and will never live up to the hype. Meanwhile, Lake will pick up a solid 4-star kid that will commit early and without much noise. In the end, UW will have the better player.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054

dnc said:

Last time I saw our roster, it looks like we are pretty solid on corners but a little light on safeties.
    Kyler is good and we will get him unless something really weird happens.

For the last two classes we have:

CB: Murphy, Love, Taylor, Molden
    S: Rapp, Gilchrist, McKinney

Given that we play 5 DBs we probably want about 3/year (just like at OL I guess). This year, if we add 3 to that we should be in great shape.

ITS is the kind of kid who is going to act like he's it's possible he'll go to UW for a while because he thinks it will shock the world, but then that shit will wear out and he will just focus on Bama, USC, Ohio State and all that. In the end, he'll go to USC.

This is no different than Hunter Echols or Jaiden Woodbey.

The other piece of this is that the Pac-12 needs to step up their rep. We are getting robbed of a LOT of the best players from our region because people think Ohio State and Michigan are better than what they can get on the WC. The truth is, UW is a better destination than both for 80% of kids because Pete is an elite coach, but also cares about his players.
    I think we will end up with a DB group like Kyler Gordon, Josiah Bradley, and Malik Putney during this recruiting cycle.

So in 2018 we could have:

CB: Jordan Miller, Austin Joyner, Byron Murphy, Kentrell Love, Elijah Molden, Keith Taylor, Kyler Gordon
    S: JoJo McIntosh (I could see him entering after 2017 though) Taylor Rapp, Isaiah Gilchrist, Brandon McKinney, Josiah Bradley, Malik Putney

We might see another person outside of Gilchrist flip to safety. I could see Wellington honestly being a safety/linebacker hybrid type too depending who they get a LB in 2018 outside of Jack Sirmon (Tuliaupupu is a more likely 5* player than Taylor-Stuart to pick UW) . It's a good problem to have to be honest.
  • Options

This guy is the Priest Willis/ Darnay Holmes of this year. He will waffle back and forth between the LA schools for attention and will never live up to the hype. Meanwhile, Lake will pick up a solid 4-star kid that will commit early and without much noise. In the end, UW will have the better player.

Why do you hate Dominic Robinson?

I NTD, BB'd even harder over him than Lorenzo Booker that year.
  • Options

dnc said:

Given that we play 5 DBs we probably want about 3/year (just like at OL I guess). This year, if we add 3 to that we should be in great shape.

ITS is the kind of kid who is going to act like he's it's possible he'll go to UW for a while because he thinks it will shock the world, but then that shit will wear out and he will just focus on Bama, USC, Ohio State and all that. In the end, he'll go to USC.

The other piece of this is that the Pac-12 needs to step up their rep. We are getting robbed of a LOT of the best players from our region because people think Ohio State and Michigan are better than what they can get on the WC. The truth is, UW is a better destination than both for 80% of kids because Pete is an elite coach, but also cares about his players.
    I think we will end up with a DB group like Kyler Gordon, Josiah Bradley, and Malik Putney during this recruiting cycle.

CB: Jordan Miller, Austin Joyner, Byron Murphy, Kentrell Love, Elijah Molden, Keith Taylor, Kyler Gordon
    S: JoJo McIntosh (I could see him entering after 2017 though) Taylor Rapp, Isaiah Gilchrist, Brandon McKinney, Josiah Bradley, Malik Putney

We might see another person outside of Gilchrist flip to safety. I could see Wellington honestly being a safety/linebacker hybrid type too depending who they get a LB in 2018 outside of Jack Sirmon (Tuliaupupu is a more likely 5* player than Taylor-Stuart to pick UW) . It's a good problem to have to be honest.
    Hahaha JoJo entering in 2017. GTFO his ass needs to work on his coverage skills, he is typically the one that fuck up in zone coverage in our defense.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054

dnc said:

Hahaha JoJo entering in 2017. GTFO his ass needs to work on his coverage skills, he is typically the one that fuck up in zone coverage in our defense.
    He's pretty underrated honestly just because of the talent around him. I'm not saying he's a top prospect, but he's fast, athletic, and hits hard with size and teams love that. He will probably have his degree by then too to be a mid-round prospect. Obviously the only way he would enter is if he has a good year and irons out his mistakes, which is very possible. I don't think he's a lock to enter or anything.
  • Options

dnc said:

I saw Rapp blow a lot more coverages last year than JoJo.

I love them both though.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Speaking of tweeting out anything colleges send him... just tweeted some Texas A&M stuff.
  • Options

Speaking of tweeting out anything colleges send him... just tweeted some Texas A&M stuff.

It's too bad you can't poast tweets here.

Mods?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Let's wait until at minimum the Husky Spring Combine results to see where JoJo is out ... he's never struck me to this point as an early entrant player or as anything more than a depth and special teams player at the NFL level. That doesn't mean he can't make a leap in his next 2 years to turn into a better player than that at the NFL level.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

dnc said:

Who gives a fuck about 2018? You don't recruit for next year you DF. You really need to PM @CokeGreaterThanPepsi and figure out how recruiting works .

Also - Malik Putney? Are you fucking retarded?

Tuliaupupu is going to USC you DF.

Jesus. You need to sit out a few plays. Fuck man.