Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

247 final rankings

2»

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

The thing about recruiting classes is that they are never really about one kid. That makes them frustrating to analyze.

It's hard to get TOO worked up about Fozzy leaving or Marlon coming because you could have always done better or worse and no one kid makes that big a difference (at this point). None of us can tell the future, so it's hard to specifically say who the most important kid is because of a host of factors that influence outcomes outside of talent.

I like Marlon a lot, though. I think if there were one single kid I would not want to see leave it would probably be Salvon or Ty Jones. However, they are all great.

The way they rank these kids is so dumb that the difference between 5 and 4 stars is sort of minimal.

The only kid in our class that is worthless is Haener and, after that, we could lose Otton and no one would blink.

Beyond that, though, they are all pretty good.

Otton is going to be a big dude and he comes from football family. I like him a lot. He's not going to be a Walt Winter.
    He is so stiff when he moves. I just don't think he has the lateral quickness to play defense.
    He's not stiff, he's just not fast. Guys who are stiff don't make adjustments to catch the ball. When he gets a carry, he makes a nice cut.

I like him better on offense too. He's going to be big. It's cliche, but he will be a smart, instinctual player, and he looks natural catching the ball. I see a good blocking, sure handed TE to take over the Sample/Dissly role.
    Yup, he'll be our white TE, which is actually an important role in our offense. I like him too.
    @CokeGreaterThanPepsi @RoadDawg55

Who do you guys like more Otten or Kizer? I like Otten, seems to have better hands.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

The only kid in our class that is worthless is Haener and, after that, we could lose Otton and no one would blink.

I'm glad you are so high on our Aussie punter that averaged like 30 yards/punt in JC.

Haener is not the next Montana, but I didn't think his stats looked that bad. Seemed like a more mobile, less intelligent version of Jake, and assuming we are losing either Rodriguez or KJ next year we had to take somebody. And the rest looked like dumpster-fires as well.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Yes they did have to take someone but if Jacob Sirmon doesn't end up heading the 2018, I may give up TBS'ing forever.

I'm glad you are so high on our Aussie punter that averaged like 30 yards/punt in JC.

Haener is not the next Montana, but I didn't think his stats looked that bad. Seemed like a more mobile, less intelligent version of Jake, and assuming we are losing either Rodriguez or KJ next year we had to take somebody. And the rest looked like dumpster-fires as well.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    The only way Haener gets a snap is because of injuries. Bridge Gadd and Sirmon will be the next QBs in line and Haener will be clipboard Jesus.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,797
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

The thing about recruiting classes is that they are never really about one kid. That makes them frustrating to analyze.

It's hard to get TOO worked up about Fozzy leaving or Marlon coming because you could have always done better or worse and no one kid makes that big a difference (at this point). None of us can tell the future, so it's hard to specifically say who the most important kid is because of a host of factors that influence outcomes outside of talent.

I like Marlon a lot, though. I think if there were one single kid I would not want to see leave it would probably be Salvon or Ty Jones. However, they are all great.

The way they rank these kids is so dumb that the difference between 5 and 4 stars is sort of minimal.

Otton is going to be a big dude and he comes from football family. I like him a lot. He's not going to be a Walt Winter.
    He is so stiff when he moves. I just don't think he has the lateral quickness to play defense.
    He's not stiff, he's just not fast. Guys who are stiff don't make adjustments to catch the ball. When he gets a carry, he makes a nice cut.

I like him better on offense too. He's going to be big. It's cliche, but he will be a smart, instinctual player, and he looks natural catching the ball. I see a good blocking, sure handed TE to take over the Sample/Dissly role.
    Luke Willson is a fast fucker but he is stiffer than my dick after an Alexis Texas video.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,797
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

The only way Haener gets a snap is because of injuries. Bridge Gadd and Sirmon will be the next QBs in line and Haener will be clipboard Jesus.

#MyWhitehurst
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

AlCzervik said:

So Peterman finally recruited a 5-star player ...

*back to the WAC
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    AlCzervik said:

So Peterman finally recruited a 5-star player ...

Huh?