Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jontay Porter considering to reclassify himself to class of 2017.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Petersen3098Petersen3098 Member Posts: 365
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

We all hate Romar but some of you are stuck on this 4 star thing. Most guys are 4 star and it doesn't really mean shit. There are tiers to basketball recruiting.

Fultz is Fultz. Tier 1

Dickerson was a tier 2. Florida and Georgetown wanted him.

Thybulle was tier 2/3. Gonzaga and a few others.

Dime was a 2/3. Kansas and Oklahoma offered him but I'm sure they saw him as depth/ insurance because benchwarmers leave every year. A couple blocks, a dunk, a key rebound, 5 fouls.

Green was a 3. ASU and Minnesota suck. He's not good.

Crisp is a 5'10" SG. I'll give him a 3. He really sucks though. Guys like this that play at lower levels sometimes get their 15 minutes if their team makes it to the tourney because he can get hot from outside. He's useless when he's not.

Timmins was supposedly highly touted but he's from Australia.

Romar really isn't a great recruiter and he sucks at developing anyone that doesn't come in as a stud. There really isn't that much talent on the team. It's a total dumpster fire.

You can't really judge a player from offers that they received. Chriss only received offers from Vanberbilt and ASU. I think that Romar is a great recruiter in the sense that he can get top end talent, but not like a whole bunch of good players.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I'm getting the impression that some of you have never seen the Porter's play.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223

They are unreal. So is markel. So was baby boy, chriss was pretty good when he wasn't fouling. Tony wroten? We've seen this story before. It's not about the kids talent.

Nothing but rave reviews about the porters,but nothing to do about the tools and everything to do with the mechanic.
  • Options

They are unreal. So is markel. So was baby boy, chriss was pretty good when he wasn't fouling. Tony wroten? We've seen this story before. It's not about the kids talent.

Nothing but rave reviews about the porters,but nothing to do about the tools and everything to do with the mechanic.
    We probably won't go far in the tourney if we make it, but we have a great shot at making the tourney. It should be a fun year.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    How do you guys know so much about 16 and 17 year old kids? Odd culture
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

We probably won't go far in the tourney if we make it, but we have a great shot at making the tourney. It should be a fun year.
    We? And no we? don't
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

We? And no we? don't
    We do, we were a bubble team last year.
  • Options

dhdawg said:

We? And no we? don't
    1. No

2. Fuck off and die.
    Probably won't die before you do.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2017

dhdawg said:

We? And no we? don't
    1. No

2. Fuck off and die.
    Probably won't die before you do.
    You have chronic doogism you are beyond my help. pm @IrishDawg22 to get dialed in!
  • Options

The comment was in reference to the people making it out like they're not good. They're really fucking good. MPJ is on a different level from Fultz/Murray/Chriss/Wroten/etc.

Of course it won't matter in the W/L column as long as Romar is here, but nobody was blaming the talent when they wanted Sark fired. I don't get why people are doing it here.
  • Options

The comment was in reference to the people making it out like they're not good. They're really fucking good. MPJ is on a different level from Fultz/Murray/Chriss/Wroten/etc.

Of course it won't matter in the W/L column as long as Romar is here, but nobody was blaming the talent when they wanted Sark fired. I don't get why people are doing it here.
    MPJ has the transcendent talent of a KD or a Lebron
  • Options

Fultz will be a good player, but Porter will be a star in the league.

Romar failing with THAT level of talent is a poont against him, not a reason to keep him.
  • Options

Fultz will be a good player, but Porter will be a star in the league.

Romar failing with THAT level of talent is a poont against him, not a reason to keep him.
    Fultz will be a Lillard, Lowry or Wall level "star"... MPJ will be the best player in the NBA at some point in his career.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    edited January 2017
    Only one problem...great guy by all accounts but coach can't coach.

But fuck this next class looks really nice. Just saw Jalen Nowell and if people are calling him a throwin. I'm calling he's about to take all of Dominic Greens minutes next year.

Timmons would be better if he was from Australia. He grew up playing against sheep on a farm in New Zealand.

• Options
    DawgFader said:

But fuck this next class looks really nice. Just saw Jalen Nowell and if people are calling him a throwin. I'm calling he's about to take all of Dominic Greens minutes next year.

Timmons would be better if he was from Australia. He grew up playing against sheep on a farm in New Zealand.

Nowell is more polished than Murray. Maybe not as explosive, but much more fundamentally sound.

He starts next year.

Dickerson/J. Porter (if he reclassifies)
    Porter
    Thybulle
    Nowell
    PG (probably Crisp and a frosh splitting time)
  • Options

DawgFader said:

Nowell is more polished than Murray. Maybe not as explosive, but much more fundamentally sound.

He starts next year.

Porter
    Thybulle
    Nowell
    Start Harris, with Davis coming off the bench. Crisp needs to sit the fuck down.
  • Options

DawgFader said:

He starts next year.

Porter
    Thybulle
    Nowell
    Start Harris, with Davis coming off the bench. Crisp needs to sit the fuck down.
    Maybe.

I haven't seen anything from Harris to make me think he does that.

And neither Davis nor Nowell are true PGs.
  • Options

DawgFader said:

He starts next year.

Porter
    Thybulle
    Nowell
    Maybe.

I haven't seen anything from Harris to make me think he does that.

And neither Davis nor Nowell are true PGs.
    Yea they aren't, but it won't hurt. The 3 of them look better than Crisp in his HS senior year, there's that.