Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mad Son's Ramblings - October 30, 2013

Hardcore_HuskyHardcore_Husky Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 302
Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
edited October 2013 in Tug Tavern

imageMad Son's Ramblings - October 30, 2013

"The season is over," Mad Son writes in this week's Ramblings. "A year we could be building a program with a coach who can take us all the way has been sacrificed to appease the wallets of the  Husky Zombie Apocalypse."

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    FIRST!!!!!!!!!!1
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Quidditch reference is pure win.

And yeah, all you idiots stop giving the AD money. That is our only voice here. Vote with your wallets and shit. I hate that I haven't been to a Husky game since 2007, nor have I given a red cent to the AD since 2007, nor have a purchased any UW gear (my sweatshirts are all threadbare now) since, you guessed it, 2007. But, I am also not supporting idiots and mediocrity.

When UW gets serious, I will get serious.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,200
    Swaye's Wigwam
    People wear sports gear to weddings?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

People go to weddings?

• Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    People go to weddings wearing school colors? Must be duckfucking granolas or sodbusting cooglosers.

There was a time, a half century ago when I initially began my UW alumniship and first year of non-student season ticket buying, that Huskyfans shunned wearing school colors anywhere even to football games unless it were purple shirts-and-tie underneath a classy sports jacket with slacks and a long raincoat or wool carcoat when the weather got cool. Many of us had UW lapel buttons and bought our wifes or girlfriends if we were lucky enough to have one of those a gameday flower corsage of some kind to proudly wear.

Husky Football back in the 1960's was in some ways a stepping-out event and the schools colors were understated if considered at all. Hasn't it become mostly that way again when from one week to the next we don't know what the fuck our school colors are or will be for the next game and what the team wears is totally commercialized by the likes of Nike under the banner of "It's what the kids like"?

If you want to send the AD and head football coaching pretender a message, stop wearing the colors whatever they may be for the day's game: purple, gold, black, white, whatever and stop buying Husky and UW merchandise. Boycott shirts, jackets, hats, gloves, belts, ties, scarfs.......everything plus overpriced food and beverage. Put the Husky shops and stadium concessions out of business.

Above all, don't stay home and deprive yourself, family, or friends the enjoyment of live football. The players at least deserve that we show-up in some form. We simply don't need to look like Huskyfans until real Husky Football returns.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,200
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My dad went in a suit and tie and he and my mom would go out to dinner afterwards with the couple they took to the game. Then the Tyees came up with a purple sport coat he would wear. He was buried in it. True story.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Tailgater said:

People go to weddings wearing school colors? Must be duckfucking granolas or sodbusting cooglosers.

There was a time, a half century ago when I initially began my UW alumniship and first year of non-student season ticket buying, that Huskyfans shunned wearing school colors anywhere even to football games unless it were purple shirts-and-tie underneath a classy sports jacket with slacks and a long raincoat or wool carcoat when the weather got cool. Many of us had UW lapel buttons and bought our wifes or girlfriends if we were lucky enough to have one of those a gameday flower corsage of some kind to proudly wear.

Husky Football back in the 1960's was in some ways a stepping-out event and the schools colors were understated if considered at all. Hasn't it become mostly that way again when from one week to the next we don't know what the fuck our school colors are or will be for the next game and what the team wears is totally commercialized by the likes of Nike under the banner of "It's what the kids like"?

If you want to send the AD and head football coaching pretender a message, stop wearing the colors whatever they may be for the day's game: purple, gold, black, white, whatever and stop buying Husky and UW merchandise. Boycott shirts, jackets, hats, gloves, belts, ties, scarfs.......everything plus overpriced food and beverage. Put the Husky shops and stadium concessions out of business.

Above all, don't stay home and deprive yourself, family, or friends the enjoyment of live football. The players at least deserve that we show-up in some form. We simply don't need to look like Huskyfans until real Husky Football returns.

Disagree. The players on the roster that aren't graduating this year need hope.
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Empty seats at home games can only be depressing for all, especially the players........ and with the Nike boutique the kids love to wear these days while they struggle to avoid getting blown off the scoreboard, school colors don't matter.