Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,602
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    No shit, this class no real franchise QB available. He is the best one available, but he is going to be a career backup.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Went out on a limb there.

But knowing how stupid NFL GMs are, some team will take the UNC QB ahead of Watson.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,824
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sure after Falk announced he is returning

Duh
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,115
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2017
    After watching all of his games... He's going to die behind an average o-line, he has no pocket awareness

He completely lacks pocket presence but y'all will use the word "clutch" to believe he's a first round pick. How did johnny manziel do without an elite defense?

It's like y'all forgot how he played in the first half of the championship game or the whole season

Edit:

According to Pro Football Focus, 232 of Watson’s 420 yards on Monday came on throws that traveled 9 yards or fewer, including those caught behind the line of scrimmage. He was 26-of-32 passing on those attempts. On the rest of his passes, Watson was 10-of-24 for 188 yards, and he had more success throwing deeper passes to the left — mostly to Mike Williams — than he did to the right side of the field.
  • Options
    BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2017

But knowing how stupid NFL GMs are, some team will take the UNC QB ahead of Watson.

UNC QB has pocket awareness and can throw in short windows.

Thanks for playing Coker aka "I'm a dumbass who only judge QBs through the eyeball test"
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2017
    I haven't watched much of him but it seems like Watson can make all of the throws but his consistency will be a problem. Mike Evans made Manziel look better than he really was and Mike Williams has done the same for Watson.

Also he didn't have to go through his progressions very much. Usually it was a short pass or locking onto the primary receiver for a longer pass. Sometimes it seemed like he'd take off running as his 2nd option though his OL wasn't as good as it was last year.

Hardly saw the NC QB play but his 1 year of starting reminded Roddy White of Blaine Gabbert (cbssports.com/nfl/news/roddy-white-cautions-nfl-about-mitch-trubisky/) and Mark Sanchez is another notable QB who had 1 great year as a starter before being drafted too high.

If I was an NFL GM, I'd probably draft someone like Brad Kaaya later rather than taking a high pick risk on a 1 year starter.

My jeans also get awfully tight when I think about Sam Darnold so I'd hold my fire instead of going for it all with Mitch a year earlier.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

I haven't watched much of him but it seems like Watson can make all of the throws but his consistency will be a problem. Mike Evans made Manziel look better than he really was and Mike Williams has done the same for Watson.

Also he didn't have to go through his progressions very much. Usually it was a short pass or locking onto the primary receiver for a longer pass. Sometimes it seemed like he'd take off running as his 2nd option though his OL wasn't as good as it was last year.

Hardly saw the NC QB play but his 1 year of starting reminded Roddy White of Blaine Gabbert (cbssports.com/nfl/news/roddy-white-cautions-nfl-about-mitch-trubisky/) and Mark Sanchez is another notable QB who had 1 great year as a starter before being drafted too high.

If I was an NFL GM, I'd probably draft someone like Brad Kaaya later rather than taking a high pick risk on a 1 year starter.

My jeans also get awfully tight when I think about Sam Darnold so I'd hold my fire instead of going for it all with Mitch a year earlier.

Kaaya is awful.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646

UNC QB has pocket awareness and can throw in short windows.

Thanks for playing Coker aka "I'm a dumbass who only judge QBs through the eyeball test"
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    HFNY said:

Why you're not an NFL GM

No KOMO4 required.