Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recruiting expectations

13»

Comments

• Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2017
    Tequilla said:

If the goal is to win national championships then you need top 10 classes

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

tvoie said:

tvoie said:

Austin Jackson is headed to USC in my opinion. Don't even think UW is much of a player.

Fuck opinions to be honest. Wake me when LOI's are signed and faxed (we still fax shit over telephone modems in 2017????)
    Then step the fuck off the board then...because it's TBS season! It's obvious you can't handle the ups and downs of recruiting.
    For those that don't obsess over TBS, waiting until LOI day is a smart strategy. It's a little easier with Pete because generally speaking those that commit to us are going to stay with us ... but I don't blame too many for not getting invested in players until knowing for sure that they are coming to UW.

I know that for myself personally, I pay just enough attention to TBS season to make sure that I know how the numbers compare to what we're going after and the positional makeup ... I know who we have and who we are not likely to get ... but I don't go crazy looking at the film of these kids until LOI day.
    Yet you constantly claim to have identified diamonds in the rough early based on your loose association with knowledgeable TBSers.
    Really?

I don't talk highly about recruits prior to NLOI Day ... Pepsi and Dennis do 98% of the talking about recruiting before then.

Once a kid moves from verbal to signed commit I look at the film and have opinions based on what I see.
    TSIO pod all over Rapp early! TSIO pod loves Ty Jones! Yada yada yada.

Your attempts to get free pub for Coker and DDYs opinions are quite transparent and frankly embarrassing.
    Any comments I made regarding Rapp were after watching his film for the Signing Day pod last year ... Dennis and Pepsi were on Rapp well before that he wasn't "starred" appropriately

I've seen some video of Ty Jones and know his measurables ... he's a very good prospect.

I judge players not by their stars but what I see on tape ...

I stand by my own comments regarding players and have differing opinions than what Dennis and Pepsi make ... they can attest to that ... in fact going back to last year's class there were a few players that I was definitely higher on their film than they were that contributed this year
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

tvoie said:

tvoie said:

Austin Jackson is headed to USC in my opinion. Don't even think UW is much of a player.

Fuck opinions to be honest. Wake me when LOI's are signed and faxed (we still fax shit over telephone modems in 2017????)
    Then step the fuck off the board then...because it's TBS season! It's obvious you can't handle the ups and downs of recruiting.
    For those that don't obsess over TBS, waiting until LOI day is a smart strategy. It's a little easier with Pete because generally speaking those that commit to us are going to stay with us ... but I don't blame too many for not getting invested in players until knowing for sure that they are coming to UW.

I know that for myself personally, I pay just enough attention to TBS season to make sure that I know how the numbers compare to what we're going after and the positional makeup ... I know who we have and who we are not likely to get ... but I don't go crazy looking at the film of these kids until LOI day.
    Yet you constantly claim to have identified diamonds in the rough early based on your loose association with knowledgeable TBSers.
    Really?

I don't talk highly about recruits prior to NLOI Day ... Pepsi and Dennis do 98% of the talking about recruiting before then.

Once a kid moves from verbal to signed commit I look at the film and have opinions based on what I see.

Your attempts to get free pub for Coker and DDYs opinions are quite transparent and frankly embarrassing.
    Any comments I made regarding Rapp were after watching his film for the Signing Day pod last year ... Dennis and Pepsi were on Rapp well before that he wasn't "starred" appropriately

I've seen some video of Ty Jones and know his measurables ... he's a very good prospect.

I stand by my own comments regarding players and have differing opinions than what Dennis and Pepsi make ... they can attest to that ... in fact going back to last year's class there were a few players that I was definitely higher on their film than they were that contributed this year
    You have the bearing of a man of chintegrity.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

tvoie said:

tvoie said:

Really?

You have the BEAR-ing of a man of chintegrity.
    Fixed.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    edited January 2017
    You never know. For example, I just heard this on the TV in the background:
    "Another great throw by Osweiller." You never fucking know.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Rivlas has us at a 3.5 star average. That's pretty good. I'd like to see it above 3.6 or 3.65 eventually.
  • Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    Who's the last three commits? Tryon is probably one. One or both of the tackles?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,912
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Rivlas has us at a 3.5 star average. That's pretty good. I'd like to see it above 3.6 or 3.65 eventually.

Rivlas is running a very distant third behind Socut and 274 these days. EPSN doesn't even count anymore
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,451
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Rivlas is running a very distant third behind Socut and 274 these days. EPSN doesn't even count anymore
    Are you implying that ESPN ever mattered?

Also, did you purposefully misspell all 4 sites in that post?
  • Options
    Petersen3098Petersen3098 Member Posts: 365
    What are the chances of us getting Jackson?
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

~81%
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    tvoie said:

Who's the last three commits? Tryon is probably one. One or both of the tackles?

Tryon, Noorgard, and Ford. Best guess.

Then we get to sit back and watch the press conference where grinolds ask a bunch of questions that annoy Pete.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Probably about <5%. U talking about legacy USC commit. Peterman will literally will need to go blow him at the home visit to get him. I hope he goes to STDU so that he will not be an problem at USC.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

You never know. For example, I just heard this on the TV in the background:
    "Another great throw by Osweiller." You never fucking know.

I'm hearing that guy is 6'8" and had a scholarship offer to gonzaga