Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recruiting expectations

Not to be doog loser, but are the expectations for recruiting this year realistic? Should we expect the OL who's going to Stanford to have chosen UW? Or, is it more realistic UW sees an uptick in recruiting talent next year due to UW not being a pile of shit team any longer? Or, am I just subconsciously coming to terms with the best OL talents in WA being raped and pillaged by a school with the mascot of a fucking tree?

Comments

• Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Top 3 in conference. Good linemen.

That's always my expectation.

Fair enough. Problem is, I can remember one year in the past 7-8 that I felt good about the OL recruiting.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Yeah, our OL recruiting sucks. No two ways about it.

If we finish with Ford and Norgaard it's not an abject disaster (look at Seawards film if you want to get upset) because these guys are not John Turner fuckbags, but we should have gotten AVT, Fozzy AND those dudes.

Still, as @CokeGreaterThanPepsi, @Tequilla and I will detail on our next pod, there are reasons to be optimistic about that (especially given that Strausser can coach).

However last year was a nightmare and the year prior is not looking so hot either. 2014 we took 5 and only 1 is a lock starter going into their RS-Jr year so that's, um, not good either.

Anyone have a gun?

If we don't get Ford or Norgaard. We are royally fucked. If I were Jacob Sirmon, I would be like "fix this shit or I decomit".
  • Options

If we finish with Ford and Norgaard it's not an abject disaster (look at Seawards film if you want to get upset) because these guys are not John Turner fuckbags, but we should have gotten AVT, Fozzy AND those dudes.

Still, as @CokeGreaterThanPepsi, @Tequilla and I will detail on our next pod, there are reasons to be optimistic about that (especially given that Strausser can coach).

However last year was a nightmare and the year prior is not looking so hot either. 2014 we took 5 and only 1 is a lock starter going into their RS-Jr year so that's, um, not good either.

Anyone have a gun?

Yeah no shit man. I am still so incredibly pissed about Foster and the like. This class is so great minus a midget QB and one solid OL. Fuck you Foster!
  • Options

Anyone have a gun?

If we don't get Ford or Norgaard. We are royally fucked. If I were Jacob Sirmon, I would be like "fix this shit or I decomit".
    Ugh. This is the shitty part. Freaking everyone is offering the same OL as backups to the studs they missed on, so there's no guarantee we get both. And we couldn't have waited much longer to offer.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    tvoie said:

Anyone have a gun?

Ugh. This is the shitty part. Freaking everyone is offering the same OL as backups to the studs they missed on, so there's no guarantee we get both. And we couldn't have waited much longer to offer.
    I have reason to believe we get them both.

Now, if we get some fucking miracle and sign a top OL prospect too I will go crazy.

But I think there's good reason to believe both are very high on UW.
  • Options

tvoie said:

Anyone have a gun?

I have reason to believe we get them both.

Now, if we get some fucking miracle and sign a top OL prospect too I will go crazy.

But I think there's good reason to believe both are very high on UW.
    You and me both man. Any one of FS, Jackson, or Davis and I would do backflips.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,912
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Anyone have a gun?

I may be fooled, but I've always been of the mind that OL recruiting is something you build over time. I have been disappointed with some of the misses we've had lately but I strongly feel that it is a position group where you have to prove your worth as a coach and program (more importantly) first, then the kids take notice. The fact is, UW just had their first first-team o-linemen in like 15 years. IF UW has the same success in the upcoming years on the field, I would be willing to bet top dollar that the lamentations of OL recruiting will be a thing of the past.
  • Options
    I am nervous as to where this conversation goes next...
  • Options
    John7John7 Member Posts: 4
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    We currently have a really solid class. The expectation moving forward should be continued top-20 classes. With the coaching Peterson brings, that should be enough to continue winning.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    John7 said:

John7 said:

We currently have a really solid class. The expectation moving forward should be continued top-20 classes. With the coaching Peterson brings, that should be enough to continue winning.

Who the fuck is that? Either our coach turned Swede or you're a fucking idiot. Which is it?
    I'll take the idiot option
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

John7 said:

John7 said:

Who the fuck is that? Either our coach turned Swede or you're a fucking idiot. Which is it?
    I'll take the idiot option
    Any idea when @Mark3 @Josh12 and @Steve4 will be joining the bored?
    THIS!!!!