Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recruiting expectations

Comments

• Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,093
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My expectations have been set higher. With the facilities, the slurping the coach gets, one would hope for a few bigger splashes than what we are getting. The Boofing of possibly not getting Sarrell adds to it.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    El_K said:

My expectations have been set higher. With the facilities, the slurping the coach gets, one would hope for a few bigger splashes than what we are getting. The Boofing of possibly not getting Sarrell adds to it.

There is no "possibly" about it. He's going to Stanford.

Second FUCK OFF and get an avatar.

And also, "set higher" than what? At least make a dang point.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HRYK. Even Demetrius Dubois choose to go to Michigan
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,584
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Who is committing from the army game today for you all
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Who is committing from the army game today for you all

Todd Graham's illiteracy.
  • Options
    John7John7 Member Posts: 4
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    El_K said:

As it currently stands, this is a really good class. It's a small one but it's filled with quality. Generally you want your recruiting classes to be over 50% four and five star prospects, this class easily surpasses that.

I'd expect the staff want to sign at least a few more players. If they can continue to reel in the type of player that are already filling this class up, there will be very little to complain about.
  • Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    Austin Jackson is headed to USC in my opinion. Don't even think UW is much of a player.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    tvoie said:

Austin Jackson is headed to USC in my opinion. Don't even think UW is much of a player.

Fuck opinions to be honest. Wake me when LOI's are signed and faxed (we still fax shit over telephone modems in 2017????)
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

El_K said:

There is no "possibly" about it. He's going to Stanford.

Second FUCK OFF and get an avatar.

And also, "set higher" than what? At least make a dang point.
    Sounds like Pepsi trying to make a verbal opinion
  • Options

tvoie said:

Fuck opinions to be honest. Wake me when LOI's are signed and faxed (we still fax shit over telephone modems in 2017????)
    Then step the fuck off the board then...because it's TBS season! It's obvious you can't handle the ups and downs of recruiting.
  • Options
    tvoie said:

tvoie said:

Then step the fuck off the board then...because it's TBS season! It's obvious you can't handle the ups and downs of recruiting.
    For those that don't obsess over TBS, waiting until LOI day is a smart strategy. It's a little easier with Pete because generally speaking those that commit to us are going to stay with us ... but I don't blame too many for not getting invested in players until knowing for sure that they are coming to UW.

I know that for myself personally, I pay just enough attention to TBS season to make sure that I know how the numbers compare to what we're going after and the positional makeup ... I know who we have and who we are not likely to get ... but I don't go crazy looking at the film of these kids until LOI day.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

tvoie said:

tvoie said:

For those that don't obsess over TBS, waiting until LOI day is a smart strategy. It's a little easier with Pete because generally speaking those that commit to us are going to stay with us ... but I don't blame too many for not getting invested in players until knowing for sure that they are coming to UW.

I know that for myself personally, I pay just enough attention to TBS season to make sure that I know how the numbers compare to what we're going after and the positional makeup ... I know who we have and who we are not likely to get ... but I don't go crazy looking at the film of these kids until LOI day.
    To each their own. I enjoy the recruiting season and trying to piece together where guys are headed. But I get it that some guys don't care until LOI.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    While we lament the insecure situation of our OL and recruiting, lets not overlook the fact that our QB was supposed to be Superman. Is he Superman? Do we have a Superman backup? Nyet, and nyet. We remain flimsy in several key places. Getting from 3 star average recruits to 4s and 5s is harder and takes longer than we think.

12-2 this year followed 15-11 in CPs first 2 years. Players and families want to know 12-2 wasn't a fluke. Is this the 1990 Husky program, or the 2000 Husky program? We've sucked or been mediocre for so long, we can't be surprised when folks see Stanford's 10-3 season as an exceptional down year for that program, and one ass-stomping in Husky Stadium isn't yet enough to break the Ty curse and slide UW into the top slot in the West in peoples minds.

Even with Pete's guys in there, we're going to lose a few key recruits until 15-11 and 27-12 becomes 49-15 or 60-16.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

tvoie said:

tvoie said:

Yet you constantly claim to have identified diamonds in the rough early based on your loose association with knowledgeable TBSers.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

tvoie said:

tvoie said:

Yet you constantly claim to have identified diamonds in the rough early based on your loose association with knowledgeable TBSers.
    Really?

I don't talk highly about recruits prior to NLOI Day ... Pepsi and Dennis do 98% of the talking about recruiting before then.

Once a kid moves from verbal to signed commit I look at the film and have opinions based on what I see.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

tvoie said:

tvoie said:

Really?

I don't talk highly about recruits prior to NLOI Day ... Pepsi and Dennis do 98% of the talking about recruiting before then.

Once a kid moves from verbal to signed commit I look at the film and have opinions based on what I see.
    TSIO pod all over Rapp early! TSIO pod loves Ty Jones! Yada yada yada.

Your attempts to get free pub for Coker and DDYs opinions are quite transparent and frankly embarrassing.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Prepare to get your shit pushed in by Levi for 4 years