Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Alabama DE Jonathan Allen on Washington: “They were soft"

124»

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Our offensive scheme has always been soft. It's why it was such a pleasant surprise when we mauled teams with Dissly/Sample.

We complained about the scheme and Smith for two seasons. We put up big numbers this year so there wasn't as much to complain about, but USC and this game showed the scheme still kind of sucks.

The scheme could see some things that could be improved ... that's not debatable ...

But simply changing some of the scheme and expecting drastically different results with the existing player set is insanely foolish thinking
    What point are you even trying to make? Fuck, you're annoying.
    The fact that you can't understand what I'm saying shows how fucking stupid you are ... so let me break this down into smaller words that perhaps your idiot ass can understand ...

1) Babushka is not a great or elite OC ... there are things that can get better

2) Scheme rarely covers large talent gaps ... OL not talented enough on the whole ... QB shits his pants under pressure worse than you do after eating rat infested pho, WRs are not big enough to make contested plays against big and fast CBs ...

3) New OC does not materially improve our offensive performance (today) against Alabama ... improvement comes from a) better players AND b) better scheme

Why don't you go talk with Little Jimmy to understand what being a Doog really is all about because you and him have the talking points down to an art form right now.
    To point 1) no shit

2) no shit again. We needed to play perfect and we didn't. Nobody was under the illusion we had Bama level talent.

3) Okay, great.

We got beat by a better team. Everybody here has said the same thing. Your obsession with me has reached new levels. I think you're a fucking idiot. You don't like me. Quit being a Cockus type faggot about it though. It's just a message board.
    There's no obsession fucktard ... it's not that I don't like you ... I just think you're an idiot that likes to call other people doogs but can't look in the mirror and understand that everything you claim about other people is what stares back at you when you look in the mirror.

And you're right ... it's a message board ... it's cool ... I'm not mad ... I just get even. Enjoy your day.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Mosster47 said:

If you don't want to be called soft then win the fucking game

Once the Tedford script was over you guys could have had twenty more possesions and still burried at seven points.

Lane Kiffen is the only reason that wasn't a 40 point game and he was fired for it.
    Hurtful.
  • Options
    SediciSedici Member Posts: 51
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic First Comment
    Mosster47 said:

Once the Tedford script was over you guys could have had twenty more possesions and still burried at seven points.

Lane Kiffen is the only reason that wasn't a 40 point game and he was fired for it.
    The last sentence there is just fact.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye said:

Mosster47 said:

Hurtful.
    You guys have a damn good defense. It's one of the top five in the country even with Victor and Mathis out.

On the flip side let me paint this scenario. UW gets the ball, Bama's D stuffs them, UW punts it away. Now let's say Bama just runs their punt team out and kicks it right back and they do this all game. UW's Offense vs Bama's D for four quarters.

Who do you take? The fact that you had to think about it means you weren't beating them in 100 chances.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Mosster47 said:

Swaye said:

Mosster47 said:

Hurtful.
    You guys have a damn good defense. It's one of the top five in the country even with Victor and Mathis out.

On the flip side let me paint this scenario. UW gets the ball, Bama's D stuffs them, UW punts it away. Now let's say Bama just runs their punt team out and kicks it right back and they do this all game. UW's Offense vs Bama's D for four quarters.

Who do you take? The fact that you had to think about it means you weren't beating them in 100 chances.
    Not disputing it. Still hurtful. I think under ideal circumstances (no turnovers) we *might* get 17 on them. More likely 10-14. That's why we were going to need a +2 turnover margin minimum to win. Small path to victory. They are just that good.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Allen can eat shit and die slow. I get Bama is the best and they can smoke weed/talk shit because they won, but those cocky fucks wouldn't even shake hands after the coin toss before the game. For all this bullshit of Saban being a DJ disciple, he obviously didn't learn from Don James to always respect your opponent because Bama had no respect for us. Zero. I hope we? play these fucks again down the road in the playoff or NC and take it to 'em.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Our offensive scheme has always been soft. It's why it was such a pleasant surprise when we mauled teams with Dissly/Sample.

We complained about the scheme and Smith for two seasons. We put up big numbers this year so there wasn't as much to complain about, but USC and this game showed the scheme still kind of sucks.

The scheme could see some things that could be improved ... that's not debatable ...

But simply changing some of the scheme and expecting drastically different results with the existing player set is insanely foolish thinking
    What point are you even trying to make? Fuck, you're annoying.
    The fact that you can't understand what I'm saying shows how fucking stupid you are ... so let me break this down into smaller words that perhaps your idiot ass can understand ...

1) Babushka is not a great or elite OC ... there are things that can get better

2) Scheme rarely covers large talent gaps ... OL not talented enough on the whole ... QB shits his pants under pressure worse than you do after eating rat infested pho, WRs are not big enough to make contested plays against big and fast CBs ...

3) New OC does not materially improve our offensive performance (today) against Alabama ... improvement comes from a) better players AND b) better scheme

Why don't you go talk with Little Jimmy to understand what being a Doog really is all about because you and him have the talking points down to an art form right now.
    That's not true. At. All. Great coaches change the scheme based on the talent they have at the time. Boise state won many games when they were out matched talent wise. Fact is we have a QB that doesn't perform well when pressured. We need to devise a scheme that makes him comfortable in the pocket. And have the practice squad in his face all practice. Scheme and coaching should allow us to compete with Bama.
  • Options
    SediciSedici Member Posts: 51
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic First Comment
    digits said:

Allen can eat shit and die slow. I get Bama is the best and they can smoke weed/talk shit because they won, but those cocky fucks wouldn't even shake hands after the coin toss before the game. For all this bullshit of Saban being a DJ disciple, he obviously didn't learn from Don James to always respect your opponent because Bama had no respect for us. Zero. I hope we? play these fucks again down the road in the playoff or NC and take it to 'em.

They shook hands before the toss. They probably didn't even hear them say it again. Fucking media making something out of nothing.
  • Options
    teagueteague Member Posts: 3
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Comment
    edited January 2017
    They shook hands before the toss. They probably didn't even hear them say it again. Fucking media making something out of nothing.
    I'm glad you brought this up. I was thinking I'd heard the ref say "shake hands" before the toss. Then I saw all the talk about Bama players not shaking hands after the toss. It seemed very out of character for this team. I suspected the "no shake" might have been a misunderstanding of shake duties on the Bama players' part.

• Options
    tenndawgtenndawg Member Posts: 1,161
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    SEDICI

Much improved avatar...

maybe you can help your bama buddy teague get with the program - his avatar is an abomination...

if he has to rep bama then maybe a stripper with an elephant tattoo on her breasts...