Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

SEC Cuntry: UW Defense can keep Huskies in game with Alabama

Comments

• Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Mad_Son said:

Thump said:

Recipe to beat Bama: Defense plays like LSU and Offense plays like Ole Miss, and the special teams kicks ass.

Play mistake free, and we have a solid chance.

Why play like anyone else when we can be ourselves? Play like how we(yes we!) did against Stanford and we will give Bama a game.
    The ghost of Joe Mathis says hi
    Victor and Gardenhire
  • Options
    montyfranklynmontyfranklyn Member Posts: 119
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Thump said:

Thump said:

Recipe to beat Bama: Defense plays like LSU and Offense plays like Ole Miss, and the special teams kicks ass.

Why play like anyone else when we can be ourselves? Play like how we(yes we!) did against Stanford and we will give Bama a game.
    I'm not saying copy their playbook. It is a more nuanced metaphor.

We have a tough defense. As does LSU.

We have a strong balanced offense, as did Ole Miss.

That is all. Don't overthink it.
    Ole Miss has nothing that even resembles a run game
  • Options
    ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Thump said:

Thump said:

I'm not saying copy their playbook. It is a more nuanced metaphor.

We have a tough defense. As does LSU.

We have a strong balanced offense, as did Ole Miss.

That is all. Don't overthink it.
    Ole Miss has nothing that even resembles a run game
    Fair enough, their strong offense isn't quite as balanced as ours, but they did rush for 100+ yards on Bama.
  • Options
    Crimsonite1Crimsonite1 Member Posts: 98
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    You poor Homers are funny. What's this constant shit of using Ole Miss and LSU to figure how you're going to beat Bama. Desperation I guess. Maybe Bama should figure they will whip your asses by playing similar to 3-9 Arizona or USC 52-6! LMMFAO!
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,184
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

3 future pros on the DL. At least 4, if not 5 future pros in the secondary.
    LSU is the only team Alabama has faced with equal talent to UW on defense.

I'm curious if Blackledge's butthurt over Pedo State not making the playoff will be apparent.

You sure you aren't talking UW?
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

You poor Homers are funny. What's this constant shit of using Ole Miss and LSU to figure how you're going to beat Bama. Desperation I guess. Maybe Bama should figure they will whip your asses by playing similar to 3-9 Arizona or USC 52-6! LMMFAO!

The coaches read our boards and have our input but we leave the game planning to them.
  • Options
    America's team - whether they like it or not! lol
  • Options

THEY?
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2016

Thump said:

This

It doesn't take War and Peace to point out the obvious.

Don't try to emulate LSU. LSU minus the QB is one of the 3 most talented and toughest teams in the country with the second best D in the SEC, and they literally hate Bama's guts with inhuman fervor. I seriously doubt even in the few games Bama has lost in the past 10 years, that any of the approxamately other 130 teams has ever played Bama as tough a game as any one of the 11 times we've played LSU. Nobody else has ever had the combination of talent and resolve that LSU has when they play us. Also that game was at night in Death Valley which is worth 10 points.
    This explains why they gave Wisconsin such a tough game.
  • Options
    It was 2 points at Wisconsin and Whiskey is hell and gone from being LSU's biggest rival. At home I would take Wisconsin over Washington easily, also Penn St, Michigan and Ohio St. And actually LSU was 10 yards from trying a game winning field goal when they turned the ball over. In fact, if Wisconsin had beaten Penn St, Washington might be playing in the Rose Bowl.
  • Options
    Baseman said:

THEY?
    Last I looked the people of the America would be a 'They' from a Bama fans point of view. Sure wouldn't be a 'your' since you doesn't include everybody. And it certainly isn't 'our' since Bama is already and always has been and always will be our team.
  • Options
    ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2016

Baseman said:

THEY?
    Last I looked the people of the America would be a 'They' from a Bama fans point of view. Sure wouldn't be a 'your' since you doesn't include everybody. And it certainly isn't 'our' since Bama is already and always has been and always will be our team.
    I thought that is when southerners would invoke the always quaint... youall ...or is it spelled yawl?
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,095
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

It was 2 points at Wisconsin and Whiskey is hell and gone from being LSU's biggest rival. At home I would take Wisconsin over Washington easily, also Penn St, Michigan and Ohio St. And actually LSU was 10 yards from trying a game winning field goal when they turned the ball over. In fact, if Wisconsin had beaten Penn St, Washington might be playing in the Rose Bowl.

I went to both Washington and Wisconsin and have watched every game for both teams. John Ross would humiliate Wisconsin by himself. Wisconsin wouldn't be able to move the ball, with Hornibrook or anyone else. LSU is a very favorable match-up for Wisconsin since they can't expose the Wisconsin DBs. I would take Washington by 17 in Madison.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Laughing My Mom's Fat Ass Off?
  • Options
    ManofplayManofplay Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    A bit of perspective. PAC 10 fan all my life. Cal Bears mostly, but we sort of suck so rooting for the conference. Moved to the south 11 years ago and all I hear is how great the vaunted SEC is. Ready for the power to shift back to the middle.

If you look at the SEC rise to power (ignoring the connection with ESPN), they became a power conference by paying a great deal of money for the best coaches. Note, the SEC is sliding back to normal now that most of the great coaches have left. Savanna is the one left standing and Alabama will be perennially tough until he is gone.

PAC 12 had a good run with Chip Kelly, Carroll and Harbaugh. Peterson has shown he can be the next wave of great coaching for the PAC 12. Vegas is rarely wrong by as much as it would take for the Huskies to win, but Peterson has shown to be an exceptional game planner when given weeks to prepare.

Living out here, I will have a household of Bama fans. Here is to hoping they drink copious amounts of beer and wine to wipe away their tears and hide their shock.

Cmon Husky's, represent the west coast and the South will NOT rise again!
  • Options
    Manofplay said:

A bit of perspective. PAC 10 fan all my life. Cal Bears mostly, but we sort of suck so rooting for the conference. Moved to the south 11 years ago and all I hear is how great the vaunted SEC is. Ready for the power to shift back to the middle.

If you look at the SEC rise to power (ignoring the connection with ESPN), they became a power conference by paying a great deal of money for the best coaches. Note, the SEC is sliding back to normal now that most of the great coaches have left. Savanna is the one left standing and Alabama will be perennially tough until he is gone.

PAC 12 had a good run with Chip Kelly, Carroll and Harbaugh. Peterson has shown he can be the next wave of great coaching for the PAC 12. Vegas is rarely wrong by as much as it would take for the Huskies to win, but Peterson has shown to be an exceptional game planner when given weeks to prepare.

Living out here, I will have a household of Bama fans. Here is to hoping they drink copious amounts of beer and wine to wipe away their tears and hide their shock.

Cmon Husky's, represent the west coast and the South will NOT rise again!

Your team is still ranked too high.
  • Options

Baseman said:

THEY?
    The people of the America?

I saw America in concert. Ventura Highway. Sister Golden Hair. Didn't sound like they were from Bama.

I do know the Hunt brothers. Mike. York and Herk. Good guys. Real salt of the earth folks. They like Americas team. How bout them Cowboys?
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,862
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Alabama's in America?
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,120
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Don't show this to Browning, your RB's or Receivers. It's not manly to wet the bed!
    https://youtu.be/nIXlfx7dmYY

Generally nonplussed. Here's a slightly better defense people like to call death row.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q53CJmzOEq4