Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NFL Pro Bowlers listed by their high school recruiting stars

Yeah the pro bowl is one of the biggest jokes in pro sports but still interesting to see where some of the top talent came from.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,522
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tom Brady was a 0*
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AIRWOLF said:

This article comes out every year and every year people draw the wrong conclusions.

It is a great way to separate people who have even the vaguest understanding of the maths from the rest of the retards that populate our cuntry.
    Bingo.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,522
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Tom Brady was a 0*

Good to see I had the same rating coming out of high school as Tom Brady
    If you believe it you can achieve it. Anything is possible!
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

This article comes out every year and every year people draw the wrong conclusions.

The only valid contrarian point to this is that there is plenty of talent available that isn't 4 and 5 star.

It also shows how different recruiting used to be. No DL with size like Michael Bennett would be not rated if they committed to a school like A&M. There has been a star inflation as recruiting gained popularity.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    DBU - Marcus Peters
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Seeing DeCastro's name still hurts
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Better than Garnett. It doesn't sting too bad because our coaching still would have sucked, but he was a great player at Stanford and now in the pros.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    AIRWOLF said:

It is a great way to separate people who have even the vaguest understanding of the maths from the rest of the retards that populate our cuntry.
    It's a great way to get more time to get and develop your own guys and tell the media a player's stars don't matter
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Nah.

The definition of hurt is one that got away and did well despite Petersen recruiting him after this year.

Even then you can't get them all. So whatever
  • Options
    animate said:

Nah.

The definition of hurt is one that got away and did well despite Petersen recruiting him after this year.

Fucking loser menatality bullshit. You want to win like Bama? Better coach like Bama (I think we are okay there) and recruit like Bama (not even close).

If you tards think missing guys like Fozzy, DJ, IPM and Wyatt Davis is no big deal then I suggest you go root for Western Michigan to win the MAC.

In big time college football, having two-deeps stocked with kids like Fozzy, AVT, Wyatt Davis, Jay Tufele and DJ Johnson is what we will need to compete with serious programs.

If you think coaching up half your roster of 3-star kids (who should be 2-stars) like Damion Turpin and BBK will result in dominance you are a motherfucking idiot. Sure, we can be a glorified Boise and beat the tallest midgets into the ground like we did this year... but if the goal is to be regulars at the top of our conference and the CFB playoff, our recruiting can't be anything like what it looks like over the past 5 years.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

animate said:

Nah.

Fucking loser menatality bullshit. You want to win like Bama? Better coach like Bama (I think we are okay there) and recruit like Bama (not even close).

If you tards think missing guys like Fozzy, DJ, IPM and Wyatt Davis is no big deal then I suggest you go root for Western Michigan to win the MAC.

In big time college football, having two-deeps stocked with kids like Fozzy, AVT, Wyatt Davis, Jay Tufele and DJ Johnson is what we will need to compete with serious programs.

If you think coaching up half your roster of 3-star kids (who should be 2-stars) like Damion Turpin and BBK will result in dominance you are a motherfucking idiot. Sure, we can be a glorified Boise and beat the tallest midgets into the ground like we did this year... but if the goal is to be regulars at the top of our conference and the CFB playoff, our recruiting can't be anything like what it looks like over the past 5 years.
    But we did win our conference and are in the CFP
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

animate said:

Nah.

Jesus fucking Christ you take this to an extreme.
  • Options

animate said:

Nah.

DDY is a known TBS Extremist. He's on the no fly list because of it.
    Trump wants me dead or deported, but I live on!
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

animate said:

Nah.

Stallhu Stalkbar!
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

animate said:

Nah.

Trump wants me dead or deported, but I live on!
    I know you are being sarcastic but Trump doesn't want cripples dead or deported... just the Mexicans.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,592
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    The 91' team was actually an unharelded class. Brunell was was considered to be medicore out of high school. Dude played almost a decade in the NFL.

Remember steve emperman was only a two star.

Mike lustyk was recruited by every d1 school in the entire country. Number 1 reated D lineman and sucked ass...