Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

@MonroeCougDad, TRUE?!1!?!??!??!!?!!?

AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
edited December 2016 in College Football Forum
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2016/12/20/anthony-curcio-idaho-bank-robbery/95672860/
At 11:05 a.m., a Brinks armored truck pulled up outside the bank and bags stuffed with money began to be unloaded. At that point one of the workers — actually Curcio in disguise, including a painter’s mask and fake mustache — sprinted to the vehicle, pepper-sprayed a guard and charged into the woods with two bags full of cash.

While police launched a manhunt, the culprit was nowhere to be found. He evaded capture by avoiding roads and instead using an inflatable tube to paddle his way along the nearby Skykomish River to safety, with $400,000 in his possession.

“It sounds kind of ridiculous when you hear about someone who robbed a bank and had a tube as their getaway, but on the inside it didn’t feel like that,” Curcio said. “For me it was like, ‘This is the problem. How do I find a solution that works?' and that was how I did it.”

It was the height of the financial crisis, and banks were highly unpopular at the time. That, combined with the fact that Curcio had not used a gun or caused serious harm to anyone, meant he gained a somewhat sympathetic following from a local public fascinated by his ingenuity. One radio listener calling into a talk show christened him "D.B. Tuber," a reference to mysterious 1970s airplane hijacker D.B. Cooper, and the name stuck.
@MonroeCougDad

Comments