Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Some spamming thoughts on Alabama

doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
Throughout the season, Cobra was deadly. At the end of the season brownsox played "injured"

Cobra has now recovered and will be tanned rested and ready.

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,638
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    QB sneak for <1 yard is the best play in football.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

QB sneak for <1 yard is the best play in football.</p>

When it's under center and you just plunge forward, agree. When it's out of the shot gun on a read option against oregon fucking state, disagree.

Also, the play that got them to the one was a run by Jake where he got absolutely blasted at the goal line. Probably just line it up at that point.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,638
    Doogles said:

When it's under center and you just plunge forward, agree. When it's out of the shot gun on a read option against oregon fucking state, disagree.

Also, the play that got them to the one was a run by Jake where he got absolutely blasted at the goal line. Probably just line it up at that point.
    Haha agreed. Now I know why you hate your oc
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,194
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2016
    Doogles said:

Dear real God I hope.

There is a pretty good recap of the entire season on the P12 network called Timeline, and the difference in zip on his passes becomes pretty damn obvious as the episode goes on.

I have zero inside info, but I swear when he got crushed scoring from the 1 against Oregon state he hurt himself.

Damn you babushka for not just giving it to Coleman!

Watched it last night....he just layed there for a second on his stomach essentially motionless.

Beginning of the year Browning was throwing deep outs from the far hash. Havent seen that in over 2 months.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    So you're saying that Alabama is going to see something that they haven't seen in a while ... a poised Cobra ready to strike?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Dear real God I hope.

There is a pretty good recap of the entire season on the P12 network called Timeline, and the difference in zip on his passes becomes pretty damn obvious as the episode goes on.

I have zero inside info, but I swear when he got crushed scoring from the 1 against Oregon state he hurt himself.

(Through the grapevine) a UW trainer said he separated his throwing shoulder on that play. I posted "what I was hearing" before the Cal game and it got flagged/deleted. @SonnyDykes reads this bored, we can't have that kind of information out in the open.
    I remember that and I have a hard time believing it wasn't true. The Cal game was the true beginning of every deep ball being underthrown.

It's kind of weird why we still went deep so often with a QB who could hardly ever connect.
  • Options

Doogles said:

Dear real God I hope.

(Through the grapevine) a UW trainer said he separated his throwing shoulder on that play. I posted "what I was hearing" before the Cal game and it got flagged/deleted. @SonnyDykes reads this bored, we can't have that kind of information out in the open.
    I remember that and I have a hard time believing it wasn't true. The Cal game was the true beginning of every deep ball being underthrown.

It's kind of weird why we still went deep so often with a QB who could hardly ever connect.
    That's Babushka for you
  • Options

Peaks and valleys of the season. Browning peaked in the middle of the season and declined. It happens. An injury is possible or maybe he started getting used to things being easy.

Browning's season was not a fluke though. He can play. Calling him Brownsocks is both logical and retarded at the same time. He hasn't had a great, game winning drive (fuck off if you say Arizona), but he didn't really have many chances for that all season. We mostly blew teams out.

The only game he really fucked up was USC and that was not entirely his fault. The OL played their worst game of the season, we abandoned the run, and no WR made a play except Ross. He doesn't brownsock in every big game.

Dumb fucks cherry pick and pretend like USC and Colorado were the only big games we played all year. The Stanford game was huge at the time and Browning played great. There is also the simple fact that QB's normally play worse against good defenses than shitty ones. There are maybe 5-10 QB's in college football I would rather have than Browning. Kid is a leader too and sets the tone. He's not a little bitch who basks in the glory.

The Colorado game? Who gives a flying fuck? We didn't need him. It's like being upset that Gaskin or Sidney Jones played shitty against the Coog.

Disagree
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Peaks and valleys of the season. Browning peaked in the middle of the season and declined. It happens. An injury is possible or maybe he started getting used to things being easy.

Browning's season was not a fluke though. He can play. Calling him Brownsocks is both logical and retarded at the same time. He hasn't had a great, game winning drive (fuck off if you say Arizona), but he didn't really have many chances for that all season. We mostly blew teams out.

The only game he really fucked up was USC and that was not entirely his fault. The OL played their worst game of the season, we abandoned the run, and no WR made a play except Ross. He doesn't brownsock in every big game.

Dumb fucks cherry pick and pretend like USC and Colorado were the only big games we played all year. The Stanford game was huge at the time and Browning played great. There is also the simple fact that QB's normally play worse against good defenses than shitty ones. There are maybe 5-10 QB's in college football I would rather have than Browning. Kid is a leader too and sets the tone. He's not a little bitch who basks in the glory.

The Colorado game? Who gives a flying fuck? We didn't need him. It's like being upset that Gaskin or Sidney Jones played shitty against the Coog.

Disagree
    God you can be a real cunt.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Disagree
    God you can be a real cunt.
    Get a sense of humor
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Doogles said:

Dear real God I hope.

Because the receivers were getting 5 yards of separation.

And almost every deep ball Jake threw all year was under thrown. I really like Jake, but he throws it a half second too late. Late in the season was either a second too late or he just couldn't throw it far enough.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

The 2009 Notre Dame Fighting Irish and I shared a good laugh over your post in the media room.