Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Joe Mathis No Longer in School

2»

Comments

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Pepsi ... this is some slanted news to be sure ...

Mathis and his injury was ALWAYS going to put him in a position where he was likely not going to play anyway.

But this news that "he's left school" is also a load of BS as well ... he's likely taken his last class for the quarter (since Finals should be over now) and that's that. Even IF he was playing at this point and we were advancing to the national championship game, I'm not sure it would really even matter if he was in school or not because football is a fall sport which he was in school and eligible for. There's nothing in place (that I'm aware of) that says that a school that has completed a quarter or whatnot has to still be enrolled in school after the completion of the quarter/semester if that sports championship season extends past that quarter (think football and baseball).

Now, IF the story being reported is that as soon as Mathis got hurt he withdrew from school and left back in October/November, then THAT'S a story.

As I reported weeks ago, he hasn't been with the team for like a month now. I'm too lazy to go back and see when I posted about it, but it was one of the many threads here asking if Mathis will be back.
    I'm not saying that YOU didn't know ... I'm saying that it's not news what the fucktard is reporting ... nothing to see here/there ... he may as well have tweeted that water is wet.
    Yeah, Mathis left school the week after the ASU game I believe.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    That info is why

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Mathis and his injury was ALWAYS going to put him in a position where he was likely not going to play anyway.

But this news that "he's left school" is also a load of BS as well ... he's likely taken his last class for the quarter (since Finals should be over now) and that's that. Even IF he was playing at this point and we were advancing to the national championship game, I'm not sure it would really even matter if he was in school or not because football is a fall sport which he was in school and eligible for. There's nothing in place (that I'm aware of) that says that a school that has completed a quarter or whatnot has to still be enrolled in school after the completion of the quarter/semester if that sports championship season extends past that quarter (think football and baseball).

Now, IF the story being reported is that as soon as Mathis got hurt he withdrew from school and left back in October/November, then THAT'S a story.

As I reported weeks ago, he hasn't been with the team for like a month now. I'm too lazy to go back and see when I posted about it, but it was one of the many threads here asking if Mathis will be back.
    I'm not saying that YOU didn't know ... I'm saying that it's not news what the fucktard is reporting ... nothing to see here/there ... he may as well have tweeted that water is wet.
    This info is why all your Peeps and Minions love you Coker!! TBS'ERS Rule
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    godawgst said:

That info is why

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I do it for the little people!
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

As I have been saying for weeks now. How no actual reporter could figure that out is mind boggling.

COKER WAS RIGHT!
    Not enough showers or fridges on campus apparently.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

godawgst said:

That info is why

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Darby O'Gill, true?!?!
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    H_D said:

As I have been saying for weeks now. How no actual reporter could figure that out is mind boggling.

COKER WAS RIGHT!
    Not enough showers or fridges on campus apparently.
    I think this makes total sense for him. the kid's season is mostly done and he's made his point on the field and his priority has to be rehabilitating that injury for the combine - 100% committed to the combine prep right now and I'd be Coach Pete is totally supportive of that decision.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,998
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

godawgst said:

That info is why

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Huh?

Littlehands,giantfootball.jpg
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    edited December 2016

Tequilla said:

He'll be back?!! Hooray! That's great news!