Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

TSIO Podcast Episode #25: WE ARE BACK BITCHES!

124»

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Passion said:

First of all, what were you drinking? The jingling ice was almost a distraction...but in a good way. Most friends don't discuss football behind a desk on a TV set at ESPN. They sit around drinking. That shit was real.

Secondly, how do I get this last 90 minutes back? Kill me.

Ok, seriously, regarding brownsocks, again, he is a rhythm passer. We had a good thread a few days ago on this. You made a matrix comparison where Jake crunches numbers. I think we're saying the same thing. If a defense disrupts his rhythm (I.e., what he wants to do) then he is unable to move to a Plan B. Instead, he caves.

Lastly, Buddha. Enjoy it. It's almost over.

I don't disagree that Jake is a rhythm passer ... but this is where BabushkaFS needs to do a better job of finding ways to get Jake into a rhythm with some easier throws and check down opportunities to allow him to move through progressions and take positive gains.

Look at it this way ... the following are catch totals for various players on our roster this year:

Darrell Daniels - 17 (at least a few of those are off of trick plays)
    Myles Gaskin - 14
    Drew Sample - 8
    Lavon Coleman - 5
    Jomon Dotson - 3

Only Ross (76), Pettis (50), and Chico (29) have more than the 17 catches that Daniels has.

If you think for a second that Nick Saban and his staff aren't going to look at our statistics and come to the conclusion that they are going to shade their coverage over to take away Ross and Pettis, you're crazy ... it's like what Belicheck does ... take away the strength of the opposition and force others to beat you. Babushka will need to design some opportunities in the passing game to take advantage of this and find the way to get the ball to Daniels and perhaps more importantly Gaskin in situations where they are able to get into spaces where they can make positive plays to not only keep the chains moving, but also keep Jake in a positive rhythm.

As for what I was drinking during the pod, I was drinking a very standard "house" margarita ... Costco tequila (white), triple sec, and mix in proportions of 1/2, 1/4, 1/4. By and large, most liquors with the Costco name on it are of a very good quality at a fraction of a price ... great to use if in mixed drinks.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Passion said:

First of all, what were you drinking? The jingling ice was almost a distraction...but in a good way. Most friends don't discuss football behind a desk on a TV set at ESPN. They sit around drinking. That shit was real.

Ok, seriously, regarding brownsocks, again, he is a rhythm passer. We had a good thread a few days ago on this. You made a matrix comparison where Jake crunches numbers. I think we're saying the same thing. If a defense disrupts his rhythm (I.e., what he wants to do) then he is unable to move to a Plan B. Instead, he caves.

I don't disagree that Jake is a rhythm passer ... but this is where BabushkaFS needs to do a better job of finding ways to get Jake into a rhythm with some easier throws and check down opportunities to allow him to move through progressions and take positive gains.

Look at it this way ... the following are catch totals for various players on our roster this year:

Darrell Daniels - 17 (at least a few of those are off of trick plays)
    Myles Gaskin - 14
    Drew Sample - 8
    Lavon Coleman - 5
    Jomon Dotson - 3

Only Ross (76), Pettis (50), and Chico (29) have more than the 17 catches that Daniels has.

If you think for a second that Nick Saban and his staff aren't going to look at our statistics and come to the conclusion that they are going to shade their coverage over to take away Ross and Pettis, you're crazy ... it's like what Belicheck does ... take away the strength of the opposition and force others to beat you. Babushka will need to design some opportunities in the passing game to take advantage of this and find the way to get the ball to Daniels and perhaps more importantly Gaskin in situations where they are able to get into spaces where they can make positive plays to not only keep the chains moving, but also keep Jake in a positive rhythm.

As for what I was drinking during the pod, I was drinking a very standard "house" margarita ... Costco tequila (white), triple sec, and mix in proportions of 1/2, 1/4, 1/4. By and large, most liquors with the Costco name on it are of a very good quality at a fraction of a price ... great to use if in mixed drinks.
    I was drinking iced instant decaf coffee with like a teaspoon of Hershey's syrup in it.

FML
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2016
    Tequilla said:

Passion said:

Exactly what was said in the other thread.

Dad?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    We will pod for Utah in next season's season preview ...

I'm older than the 34 cut line for milennials ...

I don't hate the PAC 12 ... I wish that we were able to get to 16 though and separate the divisions by east/west instead of north/south ... in the present set up I don't like that I get to see SC in Seattle once every 4 years
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Not gonna lie, we doog pretty hard. We celebrate the moment, look back at the title game with the Buffs, look ahead a bit to Bama (not much), and then lastly we hand out awards for the season!

We fucking love all of you, I EVEN LOVE @SpoonieLuv! (just kidding, fuck @SpoonieLuv)

traffic.libsyn.com/tsiopodcast/TSIO_-_Brandon_Beaver_Honorific_Edition.m4a

Where the fuck is my FREE PUB? I'm .5 of your 9.5 loyal listeners.
    That's a solid point, I apologize to you. Although I gave you free pub a few weeks back jackass.
    You did and now I need more. FREE PUB is kinda like heroin and there aren't any clinics dishing it out methdone style.
    I didn't even get a shout out after stalking him and his bride in Pullman. Shits about to get REAL
  • Options
    MrsPetersenMrsPetersen Member Posts: 724
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment

I was drinking iced instant decaf coffee with like a teaspoon of Hershey's syrup in it.

FML

Flagged for drinking decaf

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2016
    godawgst said:

Levi Stadium is amazing. It cost 1.3 Billion and makes Century Link look like the kingdome.

Why are stippers so excited for $1.00 bills at onyx in Atlanta?

Doog on I'm drunk!!!!

Some Gucci Mane lyrics to brighten your day re: Onyx

The last time I went to Onyx man I ordered a dub
    Tried to leave with every big booty bitch in the club
    I bought a Rolex and a Lambi' when I went to Miami (vroom)
    The last time I seen little mama she wasn't wearin' no panties
    Last time I went to Vegas, spent 200k gamblin'
    I'm just an east Atlanta nigga servin' junkies in Chamblee
    The last time I tricked out I brought 4 hoes to my place
    They call me Gucci Mane Picasso cause I painted they face
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment

godawgst said:

Levi Stadium is amazing. It cost 1.3 Billion and makes Century Link look like the kingdome.

Why are stippers so excited for $1.00 bills at onyx in Atlanta?

Doog on I'm drunk!!!!

Some Gucci Mane lyrics to brighten your day re: Onyx

The last time I went to Onyx man I ordered a dub
    Tried to leave with every big booty bitch in the club
    I bought a Rolex and a Lambi' when I went to Miami (vroom)
    The last time I seen little mama she wasn't wearin' no panties
    Last time I went to Vegas, spent 200k gamblin'
    I'm just an east Atlanta nigga servin' junkies in Chamblee
    The last time I tricked out I brought 4 hoes to my place
    They call me Gucci Mane Picasso cause I painted they face
    Best haiku ever