Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

For those interested in the history of Alabama Football

2»

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Fuck it, we are goint to plunger Bama.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2016
    Bama does not have Polynesian dudes on the defensive interior. Our defense is more multicultural. Gaines and verr kirven, the polys and blacks. College football is very racially segregated. Rich white guys in D3, working class in state guys in d2.
  • Options
    Crimsonite1Crimsonite1 Member Posts: 98
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HuskyJW said:

Bear Bryant was a fag

And your mother swallows and takes it up the ass, which is why I'm keeping her around a little longer.
    Wow....that is really mean spirited.
    Something tells me he's use to it.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,836
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited December 2016

Gladstone said:

TTJ said:

CcTider said:

Gladstone said:

My favorite is 1973 when they lost to an undefeated Notre Dame team in the Sugar Bowl and still claim the national championship.

We don't claim anything. They gave it to us before the bowls. That's how they did it back then. We were also fucked out of several outer titles.

If you want to talk shit about bogus titles, then the answer is 1941. That was complete bullshit. The rest are legit by the rules at the time. They've since been changed, which most agree is a good thing. But if you want to take a few away from us, fuck it, go for it. We've got plenty to spare.
    UW has its share of shady MNC claims as well.
    Nothing shady about '84. Hope that helps.

/boobstriggerwarning
    Win your conference.
    You mean like Ohio State? ;)
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Swaye said:

Here's the Cliff's Notes version:

Bear Bryant kicked everyone's ass.
    Bama has been kicking everyone's ass for the better part of 70 years.

Fin.

Pretty accurate, but there were a few bad years in the late 60's culminating in the 1970 USC plungering of 'Bama in Birmingham, and they ended up desegregating the team finally in 1971.
    Actually Bama had a black player on the team in that game. He just didn't get to play. But then that wouldn't make for a charismatic BS story about Sam Bam Cunningham desegregating Bryants team, would it?
    The anti-PC police are twice as stupid as the PC police by virtue of trying to outdo retards and being a bunch of try hard white dudes.

ONE WHOLE BLACK?!? WOW!!!

I'm sure getting blasted by USC had nothing to do with recruiting and playing a MAJORITY of black people.

Fucking hell.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    All I know is that UW and Alabama have a shared history of making up national championships that don't actually exist, and both played a role in chasing Mike Price out of the coaching profession.

I'm pretty sure Alabama's administration is run by Nazis, UW's is run by Commies.

So they've got that going for them, which is nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Bear Bryant was a fag

And your mother swallows and takes it up the ass, which is why I'm keeping her around a little longer.
    STAY

https://youtu.be/-uv_WGEHr4I
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

Fin.

Pretty accurate, but there were a few bad years in the late 60's culminating in the 1970 USC plungering of 'Bama in Birmingham, and they ended up desegregating the team finally in 1971.
    Actually Bama had a black player on the team in that game. He just didn't get to play. But then that wouldn't make for a charismatic BS story about Sam Bam Cunningham desegregating Bryants team, would it?
    The anti-PC police are twice as stupid as the PC police by virtue of trying to outdo retards and being a bunch of try hard white dudes.

I'm sure getting blasted by USC had nothing to do with recruiting and playing a MAJORITY of black people.

Fucking hell.
    Most kids today have no idea of REAL history. The Bear and Wallace were in a decade long dance over the issue. Bear always comes out ahead because most people think he really did want to integrate before the USC game happened, but he didn't.

Wallace was afraid of Bear's popularity and vice versa. The USC game was a huge a factor as portrayed because it got Bama fan to say what the fuck let's do it. That tipped the scales.

Bama was voted out of a National Championship in the mid 60's because of the SEC segregation, but that just pissed them off. They still though their white boys were better.

The best part of the doc is when the local Blacks said they gathered outside the stadium and rooted for USC.

Big Ten and Pacific Coast teams had quotas for years and any Husky fan feeling holier than thou might want to google Jim Owens
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    AZDuck said:

All I know is that UW and Alabama have a shared history of making up national championships that don't actually exist, and both played a role in chasing Mike Price out of the coaching profession.

I'm pretty sure Alabama's administration is run by Nazis, UW's is run by Commies.

Aww. The Duck sounds bitter.

Don't be bitter - just tongue my shitter.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,845

Swaye said:

Fin.

Fucking hell.
    Most kids today have no idea of REAL history. The Bear and Wallace were in a decade long dance over the issue. Bear always comes out ahead because most people think he really did want to integrate before the USC game happened, but he didn't.

Wallace was afraid of Bear's popularity and vice versa. The USC game was a huge a factor as portrayed because it got Bama fan to say what the fuck let's do it. That tipped the scales.

Bama was voted out of a National Championship in the mid 60's because of the SEC segregation, but that just pissed them off. They still though their white boys were better.

The best part of the doc is when the local Blacks said they gathered outside the stadium and rooted for USC.

Big Ten and Pacific Coast teams had quotas for years and any Husky fan feeling holier than thou might want to google Jim Owens
    I'll wait until @KkkliffKkklingsbury weighs in.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Fin.

Fucking hell.

As a proud UW History Major @RaceBannon I've always appreciated your scholarship on all things old timey relating to football.
    Seriously. His last two articles were borderline therapeutic. Love that they've gone viral on two separate Bama websites.
  • Options
    dflea said:

AZDuck said:

Aww. The Duck sounds bitter.

Don't be bitter - just tongue my shitter.
    Lighten up, Francis. IDGAF. My team is dead and fucking buried.
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Is any history of Bama complete without a blurb about Mike Price's brief stint as their coach? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Price#Alabama

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Swaye said:

Fin.

Fucking hell.

As a proud UW History Major @RaceBannon I've always appreciated your scholarship on all things old timey relating to football.
    Seriously. His last two articles were borderline therapeutic. Love that they've gone viral on two separate Bama websites.
    Really? FREE PUB