Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon = Dumpster Fire

2»

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,314
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    whlinder said:

Mosster47 said:

Jim, Jack, and John Harbaugh, Tony Dungy, and David Shaw all think Willie is a great coach. That's one great football family and literaly the only two legitimately great black football coaches maybe ever giving an endorsement.

There were a line of people telling Washington how great a coach Ty was when we hired him too.

I don't know anything about him. Whatever. Could be good, could suck. LIPO.
    The day they announced the hiring of Willingham, Kirk Herbstreit said, and I quote, "Washington, welcome back to college football!"
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,314
    Founders Club

Yep. Coaches protect their own. Doesn't mean he sucks. Doesn't mean he doesn't

I might borrow this phrase if you don't mind
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

.500 record I get Swaye, but keep in mind, he took the reigns on two very bad programs and within four years turned each of them around.

There's a difference when you go 2-10, 7-5, 7-5 at one school and then 2-10, 4-8, 8-5, 10-2 at another vs the Sark 7-6 paradigm.

He may not be great, but Taggart at least has shown the ability to improve programs. Maybe he doesn't take us to Chip's level, but he might stop the downward fall, and put us back to one great hire away from winning conference championships again.

The way I look at it, is that Taggart looks to be a pretty solid upgrade from Helfrich.

Thats where youre wrong duckis. Helfrich has sophomores returning across line, talent across bored at WR, running back, TE and the 2nd best freshman signal caller in the conference. Herbert is going to be great. UO ficked themselves by firing helfrich.

Some reason you and the delusional fans, and administration, think Oregon is a national power that doesnt rebuild..."WE are mighty oregon, we dont have time to rebuild. We reload..." Now look at the mess Mullens put you in. His presence at the playoff committee is the closest you buttfuckerds will get to the playoff in the next decade.

Although Fulmer achieved a lot more than any pathetic duck coach ever has, the situations are similar in 1 way... In that good coaches are hard to find, and helfrich was a good coach. Thats the only similarity though. Tennessee hasnt found a coach in over a decade after dumping a man with an impressive long term SEC record after 2 bad years. Boy id imagine the vols fans still want him back.
    There's gonna be 35k "fans" in Autzen wishing Helfrich was still there next year. (35k will be average attendance going forward). The rest will be up on Montlake looking to poach a ticket to watch a winner. Helfrich would have had UO right back in the discussion in 2 years, by rebuilding a young team, a slew of talent and future stud to run his offense.

Oregon has never played defense so all he had to do was score points, and Herbert will have no problem doing that going forward.

Speaking of poaching, I wonder if there's any junk OKG's in your recruiting class to send up here. Prolly none who can play at the dawgs level. Enjoy the cactus bowl in 2 years with Haggard roaming the sidelines wondering why he took a job in this league.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Yeah, because hiring an all-offense, no-defense head coach is the way to win in the pac12.

Signed,
    #1 Washington
    #2 Colorado
    #3 USC
    #4 Utah

Haden, theyve been to 2 title games with offense no defense. Have you watched troy dye this year? oregon has a lot of young kids like him. Oregon has played just enough defense to win the pac12 multiple times to go along with title games, and will do the same when their young guys come back the next 2 years.

Take off the Rich Sherman jersey, turn on a college football game or two, dial in...check back
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,322
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

whlinder said:

Mosster47 said:

Jim, Jack, and John Harbaugh, Tony Dungy, and David Shaw all think Willie is a great coach. That's one great football family and literaly the only two legitimately great black football coaches maybe ever giving an endorsement.

There were a line of people telling Washington how great a coach Ty was when we hired him too.

I don't know anything about him. Whatever. Could be good, could suck. LIPO.
    The day they announced the hiring of Willingham, Kirk Herbstreit said, and I quote, "Washington, welcome back to college football!"
    Michael Wilbon carried Ty's water for YEARS on PTI.

I loved reading Wilbon growing up but him supporting Ty incessantly made me hate that fucker. FTG
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

.500 record I get Swaye, but keep in mind, he took the reigns on two very bad programs and within four years turned each of them around.

There's a difference when you go 2-10, 7-5, 7-5 at one school and then 2-10, 4-8, 8-5, 10-2 at another vs the Sark 7-6 paradigm.

He may not be great, but Taggart at least has shown the ability to improve programs. Maybe he doesn't take us to Chip's level, but he might stop the downward fall, and put us back to one great hire away from winning conference championships again.

The way I look at it, is that Taggart looks to be a pretty solid upgrade from Helfrich.

Thats where youre wrong duckis. Helfrich has sophomores returning across line, talent across bored at WR, running back, TE and the 2nd best freshman signal caller in the conference. Herbert is going to be great. UO ficked themselves by firing helfrich.

Some reason you and the delusional fans, and administration, think Oregon is a national power that doesnt rebuild..."WE are mighty oregon, we dont have time to rebuild. We reload..." Now look at the mess Mullens put you in. His presence at the playoff committee is the closest you buttfuckerds will get to the playoff in the next decade.

Although Fulmer achieved a lot more than any pathetic duck coach ever has, the situations are similar in 1 way... In that good coaches are hard to find, and helfrich was a good coach. Thats the only similarity though. Tennessee hasnt found a coach in over a decade after dumping a man with an impressive long term SEC record after 2 bad years. Boy id imagine the vols fans still want him back.
    There's gonna be 35k "fans" in Autzen wishing Helfrich was still there next year. (35k will be average attendance going forward). The rest will be up on Montlake looking to poach a ticket to watch a winner. Helfrich would have had UO right back in the discussion in 2 years, by rebuilding a young team, a slew of talent and future stud to run his offense.

Oregon has never played defense so all he had to do was score points, and Herbert will have no problem doing that going forward.

Speaking of poaching, I wonder if there's any junk OKG's in your recruiting class to send up here. Prolly none who can play at the dawgs level. Enjoy the cactus bowl in 2 years with Haggard roaming the sidelines wondering why he took a job in this league.
    This is the first poast to give me any hope all day.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,609
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    There is already a black Sark.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,480
    AZDuck said:

This is the first poast to give me any hope all day.
    Here, let me crush all that hope.

His initials are WT. Willingham's initials are TW.

WT. TW.

See? You're fucked.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Nobody knows if Taggart, Rhule, Fleck, Riley, Frost, Harsin, etc will be any good.

All are gambles. All have the odds against them.

If you aren't a blue blood program and can't steal a head coach with established success at the highest level then you have to gamble.

The key is to fire your coach as soon as you know he isn't the one. UO did that part right. Niw they have to LIPO for 2-3 years and then probably spin again.

this. There is some excellent trolling going on in this thread but this post is troof. Anyways We are rich, cool and 12-1 so who cares about Oregon.