Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon = Dumpster Fire

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,076
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
From Ferrari to Ford Pinto in 3 short years. Maybe this Taggart turns out to be good, but a lifetime .500 record (and under performance relative to talent) does not point to this. Huge buyout for Slingblade to pin your chances on a .500 coach with one bowl loss? Oregon is basically us when we hired Sark. Hope it was fun while it lasted. Now the only thing they have to look forward to is the parking lot rapes. Losers.

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,287
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2016
    .500 record I get Swaye, but keep in mind, he took the reigns on two very bad programs and within four years turned each of them around.

There's a difference when you go 2-10, 7-5, 7-5 at one school and then 2-10, 4-8, 8-5, 10-2 at another vs the Sark 7-6 paradigm.

He may not be great, but Taggart at least has shown the ability to improve programs. Maybe he doesn't take us to Chip's level, but he might stop the downward fall, and put us back to one great hire away from winning conference championships again.

The way I look at it, is that Taggart looks to be a pretty solid upgrade from Helfrich.
  • Options
    CougzzCougzz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 279
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Don't waste time looking at duck boards. In summary, fan reactions are abysmal. 'Boo', 'nightmare', 'bitterly disappointed', 'WTF', etc.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2016
    Here is where I am optimistic about this hire; people with no interest like the guy.

When Chip told the AD to hire Sling it was because he didn't want the coachig staff replaced. That's actually the main reason he came back for year four.

Jim, Jack, and John Harbaugh, Tony Dungy, and David Shaw all think Willie is a great coach. That's one great football family and literaly the only two legitimately great black football coaches maybe ever giving an endorsement.

Great chance he sucks or really is Sling 2.0, but he might be a very good coach as well. Like every coach you will know what you have at the end of year two. Here is to the 2019 season...Fuck that sounds Doogish.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    whlinder said:

Mosster47 said:

Jim, Jack, and John Harbaugh, Tony Dungy, and David Shaw all think Willie is a great coach. That's one great football family and literaly the only two legitimately great black football coaches maybe ever giving an endorsement.

There were a line of people telling Washington how great a coach Ty was when we hired him too.

I don't know anything about him. Whatever. Could be good, could suck. LIPO.
    Before his golf addiction he probably was. Like I wrote in another poast if a coach doesn't need to win anymore (rich as fuck with guaranteed contracts) how hard do they still work?

I dealt with Mike Stoops personally a lot and I can tell you after they lost that OT game to Oregon in 2009 he never worked longer than an 8 hour day. He knew it was hopeless, he was rich, and one of his brothers would swoop him up after to be a coordinator.

Coaching is so much about motivation. You could tell Ty didn't give a shit after ND fired him.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,110
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

whlinder said:

Mosster47 said:

There were a line of people telling Washington how great a coach Ty was when we hired him too.

I don't know anything about him. Whatever. Could be good, could suck. LIPO.
    Before his golf addiction he probably was. Like I wrote in another poast if a coach doesn't need to win anymore (rich as fuck with guaranteed contracts) how hard do they still work?

I dealt with Mike Stoops personally a lot and I can tell you after they lost that OT game to Oregon in 2009 he never worked longer than an 8 hour day. He knew it was hopeless, he was rich, and one of his brothers would swoop him up after to be a coordinator.

Coaching is so much about motivation. You could tell Ty didn't give a shit after ND hired him.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,478
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

Here is where I am optimistic about this hire; people with no interest like the guy.

When Chip told the AD to hire Sling it was because he didn't want the coachig staff replaced. That's actually the main reason he came back for year four.

Jim, Jack, and John Harbaugh, Tony Dungy, and David Shaw NAACP, Shaun Alexander, and Rosa Parks all think Ty Willie is a great coach. That's one great football family and literaly the only two legitimately great black football coaches maybe ever giving an endorsement.

Great chance he sucks or really is Sling 2.0, but he might be a very good coach as well. Like every coach you will know what you have at the end of year two. Here is to the 2019 season...Fuck that sounds Doogish.

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    DPOTD!!!!

Oregon hired a coach who has inherited 2 dumpster fires and turned them both into 10 win teams in 4 years. While Oregon sucked last year, and it will be a decent rebuild, there's no reason He couldn't get them back to that in Eugene.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    salemcoog said:

DPOTD!!!!

Oregon hired a coach who has inherited 2 dumpster fires and turned them both into 10 win teams in 4 years. While Oregon sucked last year, and it will be a decent rebuild, there's no reason He couldn't get them back to that in Eugene.

WASHINGTON and the Beav are no longer gimmes, hth.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    salemcoog said:

DPOTD!!!!

Western Kentucky never made it past 7-5 with Taggart.

hth