Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If we run for 100 yards we win this game

13»

Comments

• Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,093
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Ard_Rhi said:

Gladstone said:

Ard_Rhi said:

Mad_Son said:

BlowItUp said:

BlowItUp said:

there are not many ways to beat Bama, but thier run D is historically good. we need the browning pre Oregon state to show up or we are fucked.

You don't beat Bama with trick plays and Bubble screens

HTH
    Cause we should for sure try to line up and run it straight at a team giving up 2.03 yards per rush. Good game plan.
    There are other options than exclusively running up the middle. For us to be successful we will have to use a north south running game but coupled with a strong showing from browning in the short and intermediate passing game. At no point should jake attempt to go deep or it will get picked.
    Bama fan here, the deep ball is tricky with Bama. It can bite you, but it bites Bama way more often than you might think. By nature of Saban's aggressive design, big plays do get open, and Bama's best corner, Marlon Humphrey, has a penchant for giving up big plays down field. Kid never, EVER turns his head around to look for the ball. He can be had, despite being a future top 15 pick. He frustrates the hell out of me.

It's harder to run outside of the tackles, than up the middle. This defense is FAST. Reuben Foster is a heat seeking missile, but only weighs 235 at mlb. This D is a tad lighter in the britches than past defenses, but the pass rush is nasty because of it.

One note not many people realize. Bama has played 10 top 50 offenses. 10. 1/5th of the top 50. This might just be Saban's best defense at Bama. This team can absolutely shut down anyone if they play up to even half of their potential.

I'll go on an equally long diatribe about the offense at some point.
    https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/points-per-game

?

I see 5 (USC, WKU, Miss, Tenn, A&M), what metric are you using? Also using top 50 as a bragging data point when there's ~118 is a pretty tenuous claim.

Otherwise, good post. Stick around.
    Was using the S&P offensive rating.

** These ranking were before week 14. WKU is the only team that played this past weekend on the list though, and they went nuts on offense.

S&P Opponents by Offense 2016
    #17 - Western Kentucky
    #19 - USC
    #22 - Ole Miss
    #24 - LSU
    #31 - Tennessee
    #32 - Texas A&M
    #35 - Auburn
    #41 - Mississippi State
    #42 - Arkansas
    #48 - Kentucky
    We prefer SRS around these parts.
    Shhh... we are supposed to lure them in more before we tell them about the sexual reassignment.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Mad_Son said:

Ard_Rhi said:

Gladstone said:

Ard_Rhi said:

Mad_Son said:

BlowItUp said:

BlowItUp said:

there are not many ways to beat Bama, but thier run D is historically good. we need the browning pre Oregon state to show up or we are fucked.

HTH
    Cause we should for sure try to line up and run it straight at a team giving up 2.03 yards per rush. Good game plan.
    There are other options than exclusively running up the middle. For us to be successful we will have to use a north south running game but coupled with a strong showing from browning in the short and intermediate passing game. At no point should jake attempt to go deep or it will get picked.
    Bama fan here, the deep ball is tricky with Bama. It can bite you, but it bites Bama way more often than you might think. By nature of Saban's aggressive design, big plays do get open, and Bama's best corner, Marlon Humphrey, has a penchant for giving up big plays down field. Kid never, EVER turns his head around to look for the ball. He can be had, despite being a future top 15 pick. He frustrates the hell out of me.

It's harder to run outside of the tackles, than up the middle. This defense is FAST. Reuben Foster is a heat seeking missile, but only weighs 235 at mlb. This D is a tad lighter in the britches than past defenses, but the pass rush is nasty because of it.

One note not many people realize. Bama has played 10 top 50 offenses. 10. 1/5th of the top 50. This might just be Saban's best defense at Bama. This team can absolutely shut down anyone if they play up to even half of their potential.

?

I see 5 (USC, WKU, Miss, Tenn, A&M), what metric are you using? Also using top 50 as a bragging data point when there's ~118 is a pretty tenuous claim.

** These ranking were before week 14. WKU is the only team that played this past weekend on the list though, and they went nuts on offense.

#17 - Western Kentucky
    #19 - USC
    #22 - Ole Miss
    #24 - LSU
    #31 - Tennessee
    #32 - Texas A&M
    #35 - Auburn
    #41 - Mississippi State
    #42 - Arkansas
    #48 - Kentucky
    Shhh... we are supposed to lure them in more before we tell them about the sexual reassignment.
    They watch Faux (ROFL!) News down south; they know all about our affinity for transgenders!
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ard_Rhi said:

Gladstone said:

Ard_Rhi said:

Mad_Son said:

BlowItUp said:

BlowItUp said:

HTH

?

#17 - Western Kentucky
    #19 - USC
    #22 - Ole Miss
    #24 - LSU
    #31 - Tennessee
    #32 - Texas A&M
    #35 - Auburn
    #41 - Mississippi State
    #42 - Arkansas
    #48 - Kentucky
    Most of those schools are horrible on offense or at the very least have no balance.

LSU? Yeah, Fournette and Guice are great RB's, but they couldn't throw the ball. Coaches were fired because of their offense.

Ole Miss can't run.

Tennessee is horrible.

A&M is bad.

Auburn has us QB issues for years.

That said, Alabama has a great defense every year and Jonathon Allen is going to fuck up our interior OL.
  • Options
    Ard_RhiArd_Rhi Member Posts: 5
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic First Comment

Mad_Son said:

Ard_Rhi said:

Gladstone said:

Ard_Rhi said:

Mad_Son said:

BlowItUp said:

BlowItUp said:

HTH

?

#17 - Western Kentucky
    #19 - USC
    #22 - Ole Miss
    #24 - LSU
    #31 - Tennessee
    #32 - Texas A&M
    #35 - Auburn
    #41 - Mississippi State
    #42 - Arkansas
    #48 - Kentucky
    They watch Faux (ROFL!) News down south; they know all about our affinity for transgenders!
    Don't worry, my mom's side of the family is from southern Washington.....and a there is a transgender in that part of the family.

Mad_Son said:

Ard_Rhi said:

Gladstone said:

Ard_Rhi said:

Mad_Son said:

BlowItUp said:

BlowItUp said:

HTH

?

#17 - Western Kentucky
    #19 - USC
    #22 - Ole Miss
    #24 - LSU
    #31 - Tennessee
    #32 - Texas A&M
    #35 - Auburn
    #41 - Mississippi State
    #42 - Arkansas
    #48 - Kentucky
    What if I told you, my mom's side of the family is from southern Washington, Battleground area.....and there is a transgender in the family?
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Ard_Rhi said:

Mad_Son said:

Ard_Rhi said:

Gladstone said:

Ard_Rhi said:

Mad_Son said:

BlowItUp said:

BlowItUp said:

HTH

?

#17 - Western Kentucky
    #19 - USC
    #22 - Ole Miss
    #24 - LSU
    #31 - Tennessee
    #32 - Texas A&M
    #35 - Auburn
    #41 - Mississippi State
    #42 - Arkansas
    #48 - Kentucky
    Don't worry, my mom's side of the family is from southern Washington.....and a there is a transgender in that part of the family.

Mad_Son said:

Ard_Rhi said:

Gladstone said:

Ard_Rhi said:

Mad_Son said:

BlowItUp said:

BlowItUp said:

HTH

?

#17 - Western Kentucky
    #19 - USC
    #22 - Ole Miss
    #24 - LSU
    #31 - Tennessee
    #32 - Texas A&M
    #35 - Auburn
    #41 - Mississippi State
    #42 - Arkansas
    #48 - Kentucky
    What if I told you, my mom's side of the family is from southern Washington, Battleground area.....and there is a transgender in the family?
    and you married a first cousin?
  • Options
    ArtBrilesArtBriles Member Posts: 167
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Why the fuck is there actual football talk on this board? I come here for Psalm jokes and citrus invites.

My "resume" is in your inbox.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2016
    Ard_Rhi said:

Gladstone said:

Ard_Rhi said:

Mad_Son said:

BlowItUp said:

BlowItUp said:

HTH

?

#17 - Western Kentucky
    #19 - USC
    #22 - Ole Miss
    #24 - LSU
    #31 - Tennessee
    #32 - Texas A&M
    #35 - Auburn
    #41 - Mississippi State
    #42 - Arkansas
    #48 - Kentucky
    So you've faced many average to slightly above average offenses but no elite offenses. That is interesting. Actually makes me feel a little more confident.

Offensive production follows a normal distribution. Meaning there is a big glut of similar teams around the average and a rapidly diminishing number of teams as you approach either extreme margin.

Take the yards per play rankings for example...
    1. Oklahoma 7.4 ypp
    10. New Mexico 6.7
    20. Oregon 6.3
    60. UNLV 5.7
    100. GA Southern 5.0
    128. Rutgers 3.7