Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Brownshorts threw a pick-6.

2»

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    TTJ said:

If anything, Browning's pants shitting in the last third-to-half of the season is very promising for this program. We don't need to rely on him to win games, and are a complete team all across the board. Too many programs come and go on a year-to-year basis because they have hot seasons where the QB carried them, and then they eat shit once that guy leaves. That's not us. Browning is very good, but he's not a rare talent that seasons are built around. We're going to be great with him and we're going to be great once he leaves.

Agree all. UW is in great shape, as long as Smiff doesn't try to force Brownshorts into being something he's not.
    If UW has an Achilles heel, you found it.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If Smiff had an epiphany last night, realizing UW is an equally good or better running team than passing team, and he should embrace and favor the run over the pass, then great. But I seriously doubt it. When his chips are the least bit down, he favors the pass over the run, usually more complicated (he thinks "deceptive") than they need to be, given the talent he has on the field.

Last night was better, especially in the 2nd half, but there's still too much lateral running and passing that doesn't keep the opposing D honest, but instead fires them up and telegraphs a behind the LOS pass or lateral run is coming. If he knocks that shit off, and develops the precision short and mid range passing game, which is Jake's strength and a viable option because of our running game, he'll be way better off. Feels like I've waited a lifetime to see him balance the O to keep opposing Ds honest, meanwhile failing his players with unnecessarily complicated offensive plays they can't execute well. 40 yd bombs, anyone?
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Fuck Smith FS I still hate that dude.