Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My Spring game recap

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
edited April 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
I wasn't there and actually forgot that was even happening until late in the day. But from what I heard there was a lot of sizzle. #hikim

Comments

• Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    The Weiner dog races really showed improvement this year.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2013
    I don't think they were as classy as Nebraska was at their spring game. It would have been nice if Price would have put a football in the lap of a kid in a wheelchair and pushed him 25 yards for a score. The sad thing is Crichton would have tried as hard as he could to tackle the kid, but would have gotten no closer than 5 yards of him. ( is Crichton finally gone?)
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

I don't think they were as classy as Nebraska was at their spring game. It would have been nice if Price would have put a football in the lap of a kid in a wheelchair and pushed him 25 yards for a score. The sad thing is Crichton would have tried as hard as he could to tackle the kid, but would have gotten no closer than 5 yards of him. ( is Crichton finally gone?)

I think Crichton was the physically disabled kid...we just were never told.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

I think Crichton was the physically disabled kid...we just were never told.
    dude looked like he wore roller skates rather than cleats.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm so glad Crichton is gone. I've never heard of a guy who was basically a 3.5 year starter who had as little impact as him. I can't find his career stats, but I doubt he had more than 40 tackles and 3 or 4 sacks.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited April 2013
    2009 - 9 games played (started 4); 5 tackles, 3 solo, 0 sacks (5 games he had no statistics earned)

2010 - 6 games played (started all 6 before getting injured); 13 tackles, 9 solo, 2 sacks, 1 FF

2011 - 11 games played (started 3); 5 tackles, 3 solo, 0 sacks, 1 FF

2012 - Started 8 of 13 games; 17 tackles, 9 solo, 1 sack, 1 FF

That information is half from espn and half from Crichtons UW bio page
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Wow, if my math is correct, 40 tackles and 3 sacks. Basically what I suspected. Crichton was fucking terrible.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Wow, if my math is correct, 40 tackles and 3 sacks. Basically what I suspected. Crichton was fucking terrible.

Even worse when you consider that for basically his entire time here we had above average or better DL play with T'aamu and Shelton.

• Options

I think you nailed it - the most invisible 3.5 year starter we've had in a while.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    His stats would be decent for 8 or 9 games. He was rarely around a play.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Jamora had 49 tackles and 3 sacks in his true freshman season. It's crazy to put in perspective how bad Crichton was. He has to be the worst 3.5 year starter in UW history.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,556
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    If Iremember correctly he was pointed out the staff as a guy who stood out and had a high motor. Hell I think Baird even praised the guy.
  • Options
    ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    jecornel said:

If Iremember correctly he was pointed out the staff as a guy who stood out and had a high motor. Hell I think Baird even praised the guy.

Baird probably praised Tripper Johnson too.
  • Options

jecornel said:

Baird probably praised Ted Bundy too.
    Baird BLEEDS purple, yo.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

jecornel said:

Baird probably praised Ted Bundy too.
    Baird BLEEDS purple, yo.

Baird is a coog troll trying to make us look bad,
  • Options
    jecornel said:

Despite his lineage to Don James, Baird is arguably the leader of the "everything is fine" crowd that has turned our fanbase into a mediocrity-accepting group of douchebags. Baird said publicly on KJR that "no coaches should ever be fired." We could get crushed by a high school team and Baird would "point out the positives." He dismisses losing Garnett and Banner by saying that "I want to talk about the players we have, not the players we don't have." Well, the players we don't have are part of the problem you limp-wristed ball licker.

Keep listening to Baird and pretty soon you accept...whatever.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

jecornel said:

Despite his lineage to Don James, Baird is arguably the leader of the "everything is fine" crowd that has turned our fanbase into a mediocrity-accepting group of douchebags. Baird said publicly on KJR that "no coaches should ever be fired." We could get crushed by a high school team and Baird would "point out the positives." He dismisses losing Garnett and Banner by saying that "I want to talk about the players we have, not the players we don't have." Well, the players we don't have are part of the problem you limp-wristed ball licker.

Is there a reason to be a jerk towards others? Is there no other way to disagree without being mean spirited and name calling? Is it necessary to be rude and disrespectful?

It gets old after a while. Internet tough guys, jerks, know it alls, etc.......Is it really necessary?

If you can't add something of value out here, why post? It devalues what you all pay for.
  • Options

Passion said:

jecornel said:

Is there a reason to be a jerk towards others? Is there no other way to disagree without being mean spirited and name calling? Is it necessary to be rude and disrespectful?

It gets old after a while. Internet tough guys, jerks, know it alls, etc.......Is it really necessary?

If you can't add something of value out here, why post? It devalues what you all pay for.
    Was it the "limp-wristed ball licker" comment, or just my overall post? Either way, I'll try to do better.
  • Options
    Passion said:

jecornel said:

NTTAWWT

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

Passion said:

jecornel said:

Was it the "limp-wristed ball licker" comment, or just my overall post? Either way, I'll try to do better.
    I'm not sure, ask Kim