Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

With the latest rankings

2»

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Based on this, after Saint Haden, Iowa deserves canonization consideration. Without Iowa, there'd be no path for Warshington to get in. I also think I was rooting for the wrong team when I wanted Michigan to beat OSU.
    Two tings:

1. If Michigan hadn't shit itself against Iowa, Ohio State would be playing Wisconsin and the committee could take the four best conference champs. Michigan would probably be ahead of Washington now but they would switch if Washington won the Pac.

2. If Michigan hadn't shit itself against Ohio State, the Buckeyes would be where Michigan is now and Michigan would be playing Wisconsin.

TL, DR: Michigan screwed up the Big Ten championship but everything else is fine.
    I'm really glad I don't have to see how this board would have reacted when a Michigan Big 10 champ and 2-loss OSU got in over a 1-loss Pac-12 champ.

Wait, that would have been the one and only silver lining in getting jobbed by the committee.
    There's no way the committee would have taken 10-2 Ohio State over 12-1 Washington, just like there is no way they would take 10-2 Michigan over 12-1 Washington.

Are we done here?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Based on this, after Saint Haden, Iowa deserves canonization consideration. Without Iowa, there'd be no path for Warshington to get in. I also think I was rooting for the wrong team when I wanted Michigan to beat OSU.
    Two tings:

1. If Michigan hadn't shit itself against Iowa, Ohio State would be playing Wisconsin and the committee could take the four best conference champs. Michigan would probably be ahead of Washington now but they would switch if Washington won the Pac.

2. If Michigan hadn't shit itself against Ohio State, the Buckeyes would be where Michigan is now and Michigan would be playing Wisconsin.

TL, DR: Michigan screwed up the Big Ten championship but everything else is fine.
    I'm really glad I don't have to see how this board would have reacted when a Michigan Big 10 champ and 2-loss OSU got in over a 1-loss Pac-12 champ.

Wait, that would have been the one and only silver lining in getting jobbed by the committee.
    There's no way the committee would have taken 10-2 Ohio State over 12-1 Washington, just like there is no way they would take 10-2 Michigan over 12-1 Washington.

Are we done here?
    I? want the third seed. Beat Colorado by 30.
  • Options
    BuffBuffPassBuffBuffPass Member Posts: 322
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    You? guys get in if you? beat us?. We? need some help if we? beat you?. If we? win and Clemson loses are they really going to put 3 B10 teams in the playoff over a 2 loss P12 champ who will have played a reasonably tough non-con?
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

You? guys get in if you? beat us?. We? need some help if we? beat you?. If we? win and Clemson loses are they really going to put 3 B10 teams in the playoff over a 2 loss P12 champ who will have played a reasonably tough non-con?

Probably not. But Oklahoma could factor
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dhdawg said:

Doubt it. Colorado is already ahead of OU, plays a better team, plays at a neutral site rather than at home, and gets to win a conference championship game which OU doesn't. There's no way for OU to jump the winner of the Pac12 championship or the winner of the Big 10 championship.

Even with a Clemson loss and UW loss, OU's out.
  • Options
    BuffBuffPassBuffBuffPass Member Posts: 322
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dhdawg said:

Could be. But given their position in the rankings this week and that they play #10 Ok St while we? play #4 UW it seems unlikely they'd jump us? if both teams won. Given the matchups it's more likely CU would jump the B10 champ than that. I'm not sure either is all that likely.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2016

The only way CU is getting in is a SMOD strike.

HTH