Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

13pts

2»

Comments

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    I hate this bored after a clearly obvious superior Trojan win.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,126
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I always wondered what "wanted it more" meant.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,599
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    MelloDawg said:

I always wondered what "wanted it more" meant.

USC believed the game to be of greater importance. Higher energy, more swagger clearly dialed in.

Better game plan, better coaching.

Watch the replay and you will see where the UW offense moved the chains and when they did not. It's painfully blatant.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

jecornel said:

Gladstone said:

17 yards rushing.

John Smith should do the right thing and resign. I know the buck stops with Pete, but there are always scape goats and this goat is John Smith.

He is Nick Holt bad.

Jake just chucking the ball downfield all second half was crazy. Trying to get it all in one play. Plus he was off.

Coleman two carries. Are you kidding me? What a joke. Two carries is embarrassing.

He was Nick Holt bad last night. But you're suggesting we fire the OC of a top 5 scoring offense in the country. Jesus Christ.
    You're Goddamn right I am.

Imagine how well this team would be with a COMPETENT OC!

Imagine 10-0, where UW would be without the shitty OC we have.

UW is top 5 because of it's talent, despite it's play calling. Even Grandpa Sankey can see that.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

Gladstone said:

17 yards rushing.

John Smith should do the right thing and resign. I know the buck stops with Pete, but there are always scape goats and this goat is John Smith.

He is Nick Holt bad.

Jake just chucking the ball downfield all second half was crazy. Trying to get it all in one play. Plus he was off.

Coleman two carries. Are you kidding me? What a joke. Two carries is embarrassing.

He was Nick Holt bad last night. But you're suggesting we fire the OC of a top 5 scoring offense in the country. Jesus Christ.

UW is top 5 because of it's talent, despite it's play calling. Even Grandpa Sankey can see that.
    It is amazing in football what happens when you commit to an offensive philosophy that chooses to go vertical vs. horizontal. Did they pick up early in the game what was happening to Gaskin on stretch plays with their defense?

John Smith lives in some sort of bubble if he couldn't pick up on that early in the game. There is no f'ing way Tedford was there.

Pete bounced Pease, its clear who is next.
  • Options

jecornel said:

Gladstone said:

17 yards rushing.

He is Nick Holt bad.

@GRG: To me, this is one of those situations where the stats aren't telling the real story. Ross and Pettis have played amazing, which makes Jake look good, which makes the OC look good. But look at all the under-thrown, late, fluttering long balls Jake has thrown - dare I say "lemons" - that Ross or Pettis have turned into lemonade. Stats overlook that stuff.

Way back when, in the early 80's, a freak of nature acrobat named Paul Skansi made Steve Pelluer look good, time and time again, despite the QB's tendency to overthrow or under-throw everything. Eventually Rose Bowl winning Pelluer lost his job to Tim Cowan, who threw bbs on time and on target, including a heart stopping, last play of the game TD to win the Aloha Bowl in '82, if I remember right.

Point is not to criticize so much as to accurately diagnose the problem. Stats don't do that. Eyes do.
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Think of this... had we not run that stupid play and gotten a first down, we'd still have Victor playing. Time would have shifted, the play he got injured in wouldn't have happened, and I'd still want to fire Smiff out of a cannon into the supports of any bridge of your choosing.

Agree completely in the 2nd and 1 call. This sounds like hyperbole but I bet we win the game if we just ran it up the middle there. Being able to catch Ross and drop him for an 8 yard loss there not only stopped a drive where we were moving it easily, it gave their defense a ton of confidence and fired them up. When you treat every 2nd and short as a free play (like Smith seems to do), you are giving your offense only 2 plays to get a first down more often than not.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    Postal91 said:

Think of this... had we not run that stupid play and gotten a first down, we'd still have Victor playing. Time would have shifted, the play he got injured in wouldn't have happened, and I'd still want to fire Smiff out of a cannon into the supports of any bridge of your choosing.

Agree completely in the 2nd and 1 call. This sounds like hyperbole but I bet we win the game if we just ran it up the middle there. Being able to catch Ross and drop him for an 8 yard loss there not only stopped a drive where we were moving it easily, it gave their defense a ton of confidence and fired them up. When you treat every 2nd and short as a free play (like Smith seems to do), you are giving your offense only 2 plays to get a first down more often than not.

I am certain as Pete always says he will have to look at the tape he will be vomiting and shaking violently.

They better plunger the Devils this weekend.
  • Options
    We don't even have to imagine. It's all right there "on the tape." Lateral offense is a "how to" recipe for losing to SC.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Jimmy Lake could have coached a better offensive game plan that SmithFS
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

jecornel said:

Gladstone said:

17 yards rushing.

He is Nick Holt bad.

Who have we played until usc?

Last night Smith got punched in the face. His deep-ball offense was thwarted. Did he adjust? Did he show creativity? Did he counter with something different?

Nope. Just throw deep and try stupid gimmick plays.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Passion said:

jecornel said:

Gladstone said:

17 yards rushing.

He is Nick Holt bad.

Last night Smith got punched in the face. His deep-ball offense was thwarted. Did he adjust? Did he show creativity? Did he counter with something different?

What is the most disheartening, is that it was apparent early.

Sniff is the biggest obstacle moving forward. He is living in a bubble.
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511

jecornel said:

Gladstone said:

17 yards rushing.

He is Nick Holt bad.

Top 5 only because we've had almost the easiest schedule of any power 5 team, against good defenses, we don't look very solid.

North South run more, gimmick less.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Baphomet said:

jecornel said:

Gladstone said:

17 yards rushing.

He is Nick Holt bad.

Top 5 only because we've had almost the easiest schedule of any power 5 team, against good defenses, we don't look very solid.

North South run more, gimmick less.
    Are you telling me you don't like the Psalm Goaline pass?????
    Because fucktards in here love that shit
  • Options
    jecornel said:

jecornel said:

Gladstone said:

17 yards rushing.

He is Nick Holt bad.

It is amazing in football what happens when you commit to an offensive philosophy that chooses to go vertical vs. horizontal. Did they pick up early in the game what was happening to Gaskin on stretch plays with their defense?

John Smith lives in some sort of bubble if he couldn't pick up on that early in the game. There is no f'ing way Tedford was there.

Pete bounced Pease, its clear who is next.
    God willing.
  • Options
    jecornel said:

Passion said:

jecornel said:

Gladstone said:

17 yards rushing.

He is Nick Holt bad.

What is the most disheartening, is that it was apparent early.

Sniff is the biggest obstacle moving forward. He is living in a bubble.
    I think it's worse than that, Jimmy. I really think the guy is delusional and has a screw loose. And all the enabling excuse makers surrounding him and in the fan base are not helping he or Pete confront reality.

I have faith that Pete sees what we see, and may have already made his decision. It's obvious UW can't win the big games with Smiff's OC philosophy, and Pete has to realize what is right in front of him.