Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Defense vs. Offense in the suckfest

Neither was particularly great. But an opponent 24 points should be enough for a #4 team to win at home. The defense adjusted enough at halftime to win. USC got rushing yards, but not really impactful, game changing yardage. Their damage was done down the middle passing, nuff said on that.

The offense did not adjust enough, coming into the game or at halftime. USC had superior talent, we knew that. Tonight they played a very sound defensive game that did not get beat by misdirection. And not just talking about the Ross reverse. They didn't overpursue, they read keys, and if they did make a mistake they had the physical talent to overcome it, mostly. I thought we might have a chance on Rapp's second interception, but no points there was the game. We had no offensive answers.

We got beat, straight up. I'd like to think we're better physically than what was showed tonight. But the inverse of that is mental weakness. Which is worse? I'm not sure I like that answer.

The script now says we lose the next two. We shall see what a 10-year coach can do to overcome said script.

Comments