Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Tedford Anomaly is over

Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,093
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
We have 10 more years of winter coming.

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    JOHNTHANSMITHFS
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    HHBruhHHBruh Member Posts: 497
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Sniff was doing so well
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,592
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Shitmypantssmith
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I'm pretty sure Tedford was in the exact same place for this game as he was for the previous 9. I could be wrong but I don't think he's left the staff yet. Can Dawgnews confirm?
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Mad_Son said:

We have 10 more years of winter coming.

The moment I heard Fetters was going to pop up out of a whole with the future of Husky football dependent on whether he cast a shadow, I knew it was a bad idea.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited November 2016

I'm pretty sure Tedford was in the exact same place for this game as he was for the previous 9. I could be wrong but I don't think he's left the staff yet. Can Dawgnews confirm?

Think about this in realistic terms. You were essentially the best QB coach in the game, you became a universally respected offensive coordinator, you were considered one of the best new head coaches, and somewhere the wheels fell off so bad you ended up in fucking Canada.

Your buddy gives you a gig as an intern to get you back on your feet. One of your former employers out of nowhere hires you to run their company.

How interested are you in your internship at that point?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Being physically present last night is nearly irrelevant (unless you're trolling?). He was absent during the week interviewing and being at Fresno. I don't think he was involved in the game plannin that much.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,523
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    That shit show had very little to do with Tedford.
  • Options

Lol, you guys are fucking idiots if you think Tedford had anything to do with our offensive success this season, and our offensive pants shitting last night. Our 19 year old QB got his ass handed to him and played arguably the worst game of his career. That's really the only relevant story line.

Wrong.

If you can't see there is a perfect correlation between our offense clicking and Tedford being involved.

We were 100% capable of driving and scoring on SC however we continually shot ourselves in the foot with stupid play calls. We didn't have trouble running N-S and we had no trouble completing short and intermediate passes. We had everything going to have offensive success. Instead of sticking to the things that worked however we continually took deep shots and tried trick plays that are not suitable for a QB who can't throw deep and an athletic team like USC. We chose to not have an offense.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Mad_Son said:

Lol, you guys are fucking idiots if you think Tedford had anything to do with our offensive success this season, and our offensive pants shitting last night. Our 19 year old QB got his ass handed to him and played arguably the worst game of his career. That's really the only relevant story line.

Wrong.

If you can't see there is a perfect correlation between our offense clicking and Tedford being involved.

We were 100% capable of driving and scoring on SC however we continually shot ourselves in the foot with stupid play calls. We didn't have trouble running N-S and we had no trouble completing short and intermediate passes. We had everything going to have offensive success. Instead of sticking to the things that worked however we continually took deep shots and tried trick plays that are not suitable for a QB who can't throw deep and an athletic team like USC. We chose to not have an offense.
    Yup, Smith had a shit game plan last night and I hope Pete punched him in the dick for it. I don't see what that has to do with Tedford. He's not some fucking rainman savant who conjured up genius gameplans for us all season that were instrumental to our success. He was a fucking part-time consultant who watched film for us.
  • Options

Mad_Son said:

Wrong.

Yup, Smith had a shit game plan last night and I hope Pete punched him in the dick for it. I don't see what that has to do with Tedford. He's not some fucking rainman savant who conjured up genius gameplans for us all season that were instrumental to our success. He was a fucking part-time consultant who watched film for us.
    We had him sitting in the box next Smith during games. According to folks like Brock Huard, who are presumably closer to the program than me, Tedford has been instrumental in the offensive success.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

Wrong.

We had him sitting in the box next Smith during games. According to folks like Brock Huard, who are presumably closer to the program than me, Tedford has been instrumental in the offensive success.
    I have serious doubts that Brock ever said that.
  • Options

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

Wrong.

I have serious doubts that Brock ever said that.
    Here is a snippet that I could readily find:
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,112
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Relisten to TSIO from this week. They said our running game will be fine as long as we're actually willing to do it and they cautioned against the deep pass because of Jake's weak arm and SC's athletic secondary.

SOMEBODY decided we should pass 27 times in a row and act like there's 1 minute left in the game for the entire second half. I assume it was Smith because this is what our offense looked like pre-Tedford.

Petersen is a smart guy. I'm not sure Smith saves his job even if we win out.