Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Stock market

Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,081
5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
Ts and Ps to those who got killed on overnight stock market futures bets.

Comments

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    why do you hate Online Trading Academy, where unemployed boomers learn to day trade away their home equity and 401(k)?
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,036
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2016
    Market up, bonds up. Terrible!
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Bob_C said:

Actually, if you took a futures bet, you will probably do fairly well. HTH
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

Bob_C said:

Actually, if you took a futures bet, you will probably do fairly well. HTH
    Clearly, you weren't watching the money change hands last night.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Geo Group the private-prison company is up 21% today.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

And?
  • Options

And?
    Is this not the topic of discussing the stock market? A 20% increase is pretty note worthy.
  • Options

It was hard to buy into the drop last night. The country just voted in a president that wanted to lower corporate taxes and deregulate businesses, all things Wall Street loves. However, I thought it would take about 7 days to recover, instead it took about 7 hours.

Asian markets however won't recover as easily considering their cheap exports are about to get taxed.

I don't know how this works long-term but the corporate tax cut will bring a ton of money back into our country. For Instance, Apple has about $200 billion dollars sitting overseas because of the high tax rate the U.S. has, now that money is coming back and the country will get about a 10-15% cut.

Why would Apple bring the money back when Ireland taxes them less than 1%?

Tariffs will be applied to American goods just as quick as we apply them to foreign goods. We all get fucked in the end.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited November 2016

It was hard to buy into the drop last night. The country just voted in a president that wanted to lower corporate taxes and deregulate businesses, all things Wall Street loves. However, I thought it would take about 7 days to recover, instead it took about 7 hours.

Asian markets however won't recover as easily considering their cheap exports are about to get taxed.

I don't know how this works long-term but the corporate tax cut will bring a ton of money back into our country. For Instance, Apple has about $200 billion dollars sitting overseas because of the high tax rate the U.S. has, now that money is coming back and the country will get about a 10-15% cut.

Tariffs will be applied to American goods just as quick as we apply them to foreign goods. We all get fucked in the end.
    American goods in large part are already being charged tariffs. I don't believe they reciprocate the free trade we give them.

The tax rate is being challenged by the EU and Apple may be forced to pay 14.3 billion in back taxes.

Since Ireland is part of the EU, it's being challenged by the EU that it didn't have the authority to give Apple the tax break, so now the EU is wanting to not only raise the tax but retroactively charge Apple what they should have paid.

This is a perfect example of why the UK is leaving the EU.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/10/technology/ireland-apple-tax-vestager.html
  • Options
    edited November 2016

American goods in large part are already being charged tariffs. I don't believe they reciprocate the free trade we give them.

The tax rate is being challenged by the EU and Apple may be forced to pay 14.3 billion in back taxes.

Since Ireland is part of the EU, it's being challenged by the EU that it didn't have the authority to give Apple the tax break, so now the EU is wanting to not only raise the tax but retroactively charge Apple what they should have paid.

This is a perfect example of why the UK is leaving the EU.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/10/technology/ireland-apple-tax-vestager.html
    According to the Reciprocal Tariff Act of 1934 it should be reciprocated.

Trump's tariff policy was the number one reason I didn't vote for him. It's like the Smoot–Hawley Tariff all over again, and a reason why economists refused to endorse him.

That liberal rag Wall Street Journal agrees with me btw.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

14.5 billion dollar EU tax bill
  • Options

Stop plagarism my shit fucko
  • Options

So they will pay $20B to the US in order to avoid paying $14.5B in the EU?
  • Options

So they will pay $20B to the US in order to avoid paying $14.5B in the EU?
    200 billion isn't all in Ireland. The 14.5b is on a smaller number. Trump's corporate tax rate is lower than the EU's... so yes.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    My chipotle stock is up 6% today. Most likely it has to do with immigration policy reform somehow. Or Taco bowl sales forecast, can't decide.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

The GOP loves to capitalize on misery. Private prisons should be unconstitutional.
  • Options
    Founders Club

The GOP loves to capitalize on misery. Private prisons should be unconstitutional.
    Yeah, we need more inefficiently run government services.
  • Options
    Bob_C said:

Yeah, we need more inefficiently run government services.
    Yeah we need private incentive to create crime. Or is it just a coincidence that prisoners leaving private prisons are more likely to re-offend?