Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

President-elect considers his victory a disaster for democracy

13»

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

2001400ex said:

So did Gore but he came a lot closer in the Electoral

With Cali and NY the dems have a huge popular vote advantage but not electoral when the GOP wins FLA and Ohio and some other rust belt states like Trump did

Trump barely got 30% in Cali
    The Dems made assumptions about safe Electoral College votes that weren't safe at all.
    It's one thing to mock white trash here but when you make fun of the people in the rust belt states that you need to vote for you, well, that's just stupid.

She played right into the role as the elitist who cared more about globalism than main street America
    The Deplorables comment she made was the real turning point IMO.
    Right. It's the Trump followers that are turned off by politically incorrect comments.
    Cultural condescension, motherfucker.

Once the 'progressives' clue in that just because they 'think' they are the smartest guys in the room, doesn't mean they really are.

The goal is to accumulate electors.

Hubris was an essential part of the Hillary Lockie campaign.
    Puppy only right 98% of the time. A pretty good click by most accounts. Boob, out of 27k posts, youre batting .039. Not good, especially considering not a smile was cracked in all 27k. Just shut the hole and lurk
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

In a world where we don't have an electoral college, Trump still would have won.

How do you figure that?
    The entire campaign is different without it...its no coincidence Trump spent weeks if not months straight flying 4 stops...Florida/NC/Rust belt 1/Rust Belt 2. Places like Cali and Texas get ignored because it is not a competition for EC votes. No effort is made to get out the vote there, and its driven by local elections/other issues. Get rid of the EC and the entire campaign changes.

If you look at Cali Trump had no chance to win, there was no Republican Senate candidate, and there are only a few House seats Republicans are competitive in...if you are a Republican and don't live in one of those few districts there is no real reason to go out and vote.

The founders didn't want a few population centers determining everything and were very specific in how they set it up. For good reason IMHO.
    Except that's exactly what the EC does. Everyone focuses on a few key battleground states, and everywhere else is taken for granted. With the popular vote, all votes matter equally, regardless of where you live.

Big part of why Trump won IMHO; Americans are tired of being taken for granted by the political establishment.

I didn't feel any love here in California. We're just the ATM for the DNC
    Same here in WA.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

BearsWiin said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

With Cali and NY the dems have a huge popular vote advantage but not electoral when the GOP wins FLA and Ohio and some other rust belt states like Trump did

The Dems made assumptions about safe Electoral College votes that weren't safe at all.
    It's one thing to mock white trash here but when you make fun of the people in the rust belt states that you need to vote for you, well, that's just stupid.

She played right into the role as the elitist who cared more about globalism than main street America
    Right. It's the Trump followers that are turned off by politically incorrect comments.
    Politically incorrect as in politically foolish. Blanket disparagements of 50 million voters are always special.
    Cause Trump never did that? Hillary made that comment to try to fit in with the Trump crowd. Which was fucktarded but not why she lost.
    To my knowledge, he never made a blanket statement like that about her supporters. He gave us locker-room talk, but she gave him locker-room bulletin-bored material.
    Called Mexicans rapists and Muslims terrorists. Among others. But you are right, Hillary hit 50 million people on one fell swoop. Her bad for trying to fit in and failing.
    Quotes? The campaign is over. You can stop lying now

He called some Mexicans rapists, the ones that are rapists, and some Muslims terroists, the ones that are terrorists.

It has nothing to do with PC. Its the truth

Hillary really does think that half of Trumps voters are deplorable. Some of them are just by averages. David Duke is deplorable.

But she took shot at her own base and killed herself in the foot
    No one made up their mind on voting based on the deplorable comment regardless.

HTH
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

BearsWiin said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Politically incorrect as in politically foolish. Blanket disparagements of 50 million voters are always special.
    Cause Trump never did that? Hillary made that comment to try to fit in with the Trump crowd. Which was fucktarded but not why she lost.
    To my knowledge, he never made a blanket statement like that about her supporters. He gave us locker-room talk, but she gave him locker-room bulletin-bored material.
    Called Mexicans rapists and Muslims terrorists. Among others. But you are right, Hillary hit 50 million people on one fell swoop. Her bad for trying to fit in and failing.
    Quotes? The campaign is over. You can stop lying now

He called some Mexicans rapists, the ones that are rapists, and some Muslims terroists, the ones that are terrorists.

It has nothing to do with PC. Its the truth

Hillary really does think that half of Trumps voters are deplorable. Some of them are just by averages. David Duke is deplorable.

But she took shot at her own base and killed herself in the foot
    No one made up their mind on voting based on the deplorable comment regardless.

HTH
    It didn't change anybody's minds, but I think subsequent study will show that it raised their turnout
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

Quote I heard on Memphis sports radio from a liberal who heard a conservative say this and found it informative "The establishment doesn't take Trump seriously but does take him literally. Trump's supporters do not take him literally but do take him seriously."

Helped Trump, IMO

The Repub strategist Steve Schmidt on MSNBC was saying that last night, quoting some Philly columnist, IIRC
    dnc said:

Quote I heard on Memphis sports radio from a liberal who heard a conservative say this and found it informative "The establishment doesn't take Trump seriously but does take him literally. Trump's supporters do not take him literally but do take him seriously."

Helped Trump, IMO

Quite a scary disconnect. Long talk with conservative friend of mine today. He actually thinks Trump is going to make America great again. Keep in mind he pays no federal income tax, gets 4 digit back in earned income credit, and is on Obamacare for $70 a month. And he wants Obamacare destroyed.
    edited November 2016

2001400ex said:

dnc said:

Helped Trump, IMO

Quite a scary disconnect. Long talk with conservative friend of mine today. He actually thinks Trump is going to make America great again. Keep in mind he pays no federal income tax, gets 4 digit back in earned income credit, and is on Obamacare for $70 a month. And he wants Obamacare destroyed.
    Got a few sore losers on this board.

Losers lose.
    Lol no. That's reality. An educated friend of mine just texted me that he voted for Trump cause he heard insurance premiums were going to double next year.

2001400ex said:

dnc said:

Helped Trump, IMO

You don't have any friends.
    Except you guys.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

dnc said:

Helped Trump, IMO

Your "friends" sound poor.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

dnc said:

Helped Trump, IMO

Losers lose.
    Lol no. That's reality. An educated friend of mine just texted me that he voted for Trump cause he heard insurance premiums were going to double next year.
    Oh wow! I didnt realize an "educated" friend of yours "texted" you. That completely changes everything.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

dnc said:

Helped Trump, IMO

Losers lose.
    Oh wow! I didnt realize an "educated" friend of yours "texted" you. That completely changes everything.
    Right. He has an Obama phone to text with.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,377
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fuck the west coast.

SEC SEC SEC

B1G B1G B1G

ACC ACC ACC