Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

TY JONES SENIOR HIGHLIGHTS

Comments

• Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

AIRWOLF said:

How is he not a legit 4 star?

Provo
    FWIW, the lowest 4* WR on Scout is ranked #53 and he's ranked #55. When they adjust the rankings at the end of the year, he'll be 4* along with being an Army AA.
    As if there are no 4 star recruits from Provo

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I don't watch many highlight tapes of recruits outside of around signing day, but holy shit... this dude is going to be a baller. I don't care if he's from Utah. Plenty of those catches would be impressive against air. Insane ball skills. And he's a badass run blocker.

Edit: HE'S 6'4"?!

Probably not. Kasen Williams was supposedly 6'3" and it turned out he was just 6'1". Jones is probably 6'2".

Doesn't matter though, baller.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

dnc said:

Finally sat down and watched the tape. My amateur TBS thoughts:

- Level of competition is absolute shit. Makes it impressive that UW found him, props to whoever scouted him up front.
    - Not the fastest guy around, but otherwise he's the whole package. Best comp for him is probably a rich man's String (no joke), presumably with a better head on his shoulders.
    - Seems to run the whole route tree. Lines up inside and outside, not afraid to come across the middle but does most of his damage on the edges.
    - Hands are very impressive, even for a highlight film. Makes the difficult grab, but shows really good form catching with his hands, watching the ball all the way in as well - adjusts to the ball incredibly well. Doesn't have the look of a kid who catches the tough ones but blows the easy ones.
    - He's a fucking bully. Plenty of those shit throws looked like picks and he doesn't just knock them away from the DB, he catches them. He has some serious confidence in himself and his QB has some serious confidence in him.
    - Not a technically gifted blocker but quite willing and again, physical. Give him a couple months of quality coaching and he'll be a real weapon in the running game/bubble screen game. #MyChico probably gets a couple extra scores each of the next two years with Jones blocking on the edge.

Probably an all conference type if we get decent QB play after Browning. Outside shot at AA.

#IPushForBush

High school competition is dogshit in general.
    While true, there are still differences. A guy balling out in the Trinity League of the CIF Southern Section is different than a guy killing it in Mormon-vile.

But some of the stuff Jones is doing on film here would be impressive against air.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Lmao @ his QB. CHUCK THE ROCK DOG!!!
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

I don't watch many highlight tapes of recruits outside of around signing day, but holy shit... this dude is going to be a baller. I don't care if he's from Utah. Plenty of those catches would be impressive against air. Insane ball skills. And he's a badass run blocker.

Probably not. Kasen Williams was supposedly 6'3" and it turned out he was just 6'1". Jones is probably 6'2".

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I WIN!!!!! 5.3'!!!!
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

YOU FUCKING MORON, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS TRIPE??? LEARN HOW TO POAST!!!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Watching OU Iowa State last night and it hit me, there are so many fucking wide outs now thanks to 7 on 7 fag football camps. Iowa State had a true freshman Reggie Williams type. Everyone does now, except us when Sark recruited soft fucking midgets.

I'll take 3 or 4 every year, don't get me wrong. But Petermen is turning this around up front which is where the great teams are different than Iowa State

The REAL definition of doing it the right way
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2016
    rel="ExtraChrisB">I don't watch many highlight tapes of recruits outside of around signing day, but holy shit... this dude is going to be a baller. I don't care if he's from Utah. Plenty of those catches would be impressive against air. Insane ball skills. And he's a badass run blocker.

Recruits actually do read this bored... In that case, Fuck off Pili you suck.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    What's going on here?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes