Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Watch the OL on Gaskin's TD against Stanford. Every guy is driving a Stanford player backwards. You could single out every guy and the two TE's.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2016
    I see now. When it says "waiting for approval" when you post a link, it is waiting for Stalin to do his Taft thing.

It was a decent article, though that author has done much better. I like it when he really gets down in the weeds on the Xs and Os.

I am not sure he is correct in saying outside zone is the UW's staple running play either. I think we see Power more often. And Buck Sweep/Pin and Pull has to be close to as common as a straight outside zone, if not more common.
  • Options
    BabsGilbyTawdTyBabsGilbyTawdTy Member Posts: 1,058
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    edited November 2016
    Really enjoyed reading that article.

Instead of straight up maulers like you see at Alabama, the staff is focused on guys who can hold their own at the point of attack but most importantly are nimble in open space.

It demonstrates why Foster Sarrel would be such a great fit — even at left guard during his first season or two — for what UW and Strausser are going to do.

LT: Adams
    LG: Sarrel
    C: Shelton
    RG: Harris
    RT: McGary

Damn that will be fun to watch Browning throwing and Gaskin/Coleman/Dotson running behind those guys next season.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Well, would be improved if he mentioned about the line being ready to rumble. Can we always use "Center" for the name of the C? Somebody used that once and then i didn't see it again.
  • Options
    PatHadenFSPatHadenFS Member Posts: 542
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes

If no one in the Pac-12 can figure it out, I imagine we’ll have to wait and see if defenses from other conferences can fare any better come playoff time.

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Instead of straight up maulers like you see at Alabama, the staff is focused on guys who can hold their own at the point of attack but most importantly are nimble in open space.

It demonstrates why Foster Sarrel would be such a great fit — even at left guard during his first season or two — for what UW and Strausser are going to do.

C: Center

Damn that will be fun to watch Browning throwing and Gaskin/Coleman/Dotson running behind those guys next season.

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,890
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    random play generator!!!! We'll suck for 1,000 years!!!
  • Options
    Mike_HonchoMike_Honcho Member Posts: 214
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

C: Shelton

What kind of Huskie fan are you?

I don't see Center or Ossai on that list?

Whose McGary?