Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Offensive Line Play

Has anyone had a chance to evaluate OL play? I'm out of state and won't make it to any practices.

I'm hopeful the line will progress to merely bad from pathetic. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,706
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kim says its all fixed. Move on next subject
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Who really knows how they are progressing, especially when you factor in they block a terrible DL everyday at practice. Any lineman can block when all they have to do is play patty cake with Potoa, Tani, Finau, Turpin, etc. How many above average DL do we have? 2, maybe 3 at most.

I stopped caring about what the practice reports say, because they often don't mean shit. In 2008, our OL was huge and overpowering everyday in practice. We all know how that turned out. Demetrious Bronson tore it up at spring ball in 2009, now he can't even average 4 ypc at Eastern. Last year, Mickens had a bunch of hype from killing it at practice, and went out and laid an egg basically all season (he will be good eventually). Last year, Sark actually said he thought he would have the best OL that he had had throughout his tenure. Like I said, these practice reports are shit.
  • Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    Very good points. Especially the one about playing against a shitty D line.

Going to practices does show some things to look for though. In 2009 I went to several practices. I could not believe how undeveloped and small a lot of our guys were, across the board. I felt like I could have strapped it up and played against our O line......a very bad sign.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Take this shit to the Offensive Line Superiority Guy bored where it belongs.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,706
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    People are dead in Boston and yet folks here continue to lack the perspective required to put Husky Football in its rightful place. Its only a game guys
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

People are dead in Boston and yet folks here continue to lack the perspective required to put Husky Football in its rightful place. Its only a game guys

I prayed for Damone for 5.3 seconds. What more do you want?

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Good advice Fetters. You gotta get on Facebook and let everyone know you are offering T's and P's or it doesn't count.