Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Question for the recruiting experts

How many more players will we take in this class and what positions do you think those will be? Seems like we are still in on a couple safeties and corners but holy fucking hell do we really need more of those positions?

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,918
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    3 O Line
    1 DB
    Done (unless some 5 star kid wants to commit late)
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

7 more WRs

when did sark start coaching at UW again?
  • Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    3 punters
    4 PKs
    1 long snapper
    1 crappy OL
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,572
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

7 more WRs

It was neuheisel's sonny shackleford class that had 7 WRs
  • Options
    KobeStanKobeStan Member Posts: 91
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Kids we would take no matter what (that we could at least get to visit):
    RB Stephen Carr (USC commit - rumor is, he will trip here).

Really? Ahmed is way better than him IMO and Wedington is just as good
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    KobeStan said:

Have you watched Carr's tape? Might as well make the soundtrack "U Can't Touch This" because he's elusive as fuck. Ahmed and Wedington might be faster but they aren't even close to Carr when it comes to making guys miss. 5 stars for a reason.
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

My guess is we end up at 18ish (if we play really well the rest of the way, it could go up due to early entries).

That would mean around 5 more kids:

3 OL - Henry B, two dreckfest POSes
    1 S - IPM

There's a LB in Utah we like named Tayler Katoa who we would take (I think). He wants to go on his mission, which is good for us, because we wouldn't have to count him this year and we'd get to play him when he's 23.

Our OL bored looks like this:
    1. Fozzy Bear, "please god, let Shaw leave for the NFL and Stanford cancel football"
    2. AVT, "we don't pay like SC and can't make you a pussy like SC, but we do have things to offer!! Just talk to your coach!"
    3. Henry B, "You are weird, but you are good and we can't be picky."
    4. Popo Aumavae, "You've had us on ignore, but once we started winning you took us off. We're not mad, we love you."
    5. Orlando Umama, "You are a warm body and you prefer Utah over us, but we can still delude ourselves."
    6. Brandon "Shitty" Pili, "We know you moved to PDX to get an offer from us, but we are too busy pipe dreaming to offer you and you suck."
    7. Quazzel White, "We openly scorn you and you still love us. If we can't get anyone by January, you're our guy!"

The rest: Abe Lucas (WSU commit, can always get), Cody Kanouse (fat and terrible), John Blasco (see Kanouse), Alex Forsyth (Oregon commit), Etc.

Kids we are still kind of recruiting:
    LB Issac Slade-M; kid from HI, we aren't hard charging, but if things go to shit...
    DL Jordan Lolohea; kid from UT we offered, but sort of the same as ISM.
    DB Deommodore Lenior; looks like he's going to decom from OR, but we aren't going to go crazy.
    DB Elijah Hicks; one of many CBs this year named Elijah, we are still recruiting him, but we don't really need another CB.
    DB KJ Jarrell; former teammate of Murphy, S - we think we are getting IPM, so we are slow playing him.

RB Stephen Carr (USC commit - rumor is, he will trip here)
    OL Fozzy Sarrell (even if we already have 3 OL in the boat, we would happily take him no matter when he commits)
    OL AVT (conflicting reports of interest, but we'd probably take him no matter what)
    DT Jay Tufele (We are swinging for the fences on this kid)
    DB Darnay Holmes (seems like a lock for UCLA, but he will trip)
    DB Elijah Molden (think we like him a lot; probably headed to STAN)

Then there are some kids who are either committed or we are kind of out of the picture for who, depending on the way the season plays out, we might be able to get to visit, but they are hyper long-shots:
    RB Najee Harris (bama commit)
    OL Wyatt Davis (ohio state commit)
    DE Jaelen Phillips (ucla commit)
    DE Langi Tufua (oregon commit)
    DB Chaz Ah You

There are always kids they are interested in that it's hard to tell about and things change after the season, but I think this is where it stands now.

Great chit man! Sweatpants boner chit!
  • Options
    NEsnake12 said:

KobeStan said:

Have you watched Carr's tape? Might as well make the soundtrack "U Can't Touch This" because he's elusive as fuck. Ahmed and Wedington might be faster but they aren't even close to Carr when it comes to making guys miss. 5 stars for a reason.
    Ahmed's tape is much better IMO. Just as elusive but with much better speed and acceleration
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    KobeStan said:

NEsnake12 said:

KobeStan said:

Ahmed's tape is much better IMO. Just as elusive but with much better speed and acceleration
    Fags
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

My guess is we end up at 18ish (if we play really well the rest of the way, it could go up due to early entries).

1 S - IPM

There's a LB in Utah we like named Tayler Katoa who we would take (I think). He wants to go on his mission, which is good for us, because we wouldn't have to count him this year and we'd get to play him when he's 23.

1. Fozzy Bear, "please god, let Shaw leave for the NFL and Stanford cancel football"
    2. AVT, "we don't pay like SC and can't make you a pussy like SC, but we do have things to offer!! Just talk to your coach!"
    4. Popo Aumavae, "You've had us on ignore, but once we started winning you took us off. We're not mad, we love you."
    5. Orlando Umama, "You are a warm body and you prefer Utah over us, but we can still delude ourselves."
    6. Brandon "Shitty" Pili, "We know you moved to PDX to get an offer from us, but we are too busy pipe dreaming to offer you and you suck."
    7. Quazzel White, "We openly scorn you and you still love us. If we can't get anyone by January, you're our guy!"

The rest: Abe Lucas (WSU commit, can always get), Cody Kanouse (fat and terrible), John Blasco (see Kanouse), Alex Forsyth (Oregon commit), Etc.

LB Issac Slade-M; kid from HI, we aren't hard charging, but if things go to shit...
    DB Deommodore Lenior; looks like he's going to decom from OR, but we aren't going to go crazy.
    DB Elijah Hicks; one of many CBs this year named Elijah, we are still recruiting him, but we don't really need another CB.
    DB KJ Jarrell; former teammate of Murphy, S - we think we are getting IPM, so we are slow playing him.

OL Fozzy Sarrell (even if we already have 3 OL in the boat, we would happily take him no matter when he commits)
    OL AVT (conflicting reports of interest, but we'd probably take him no matter what)

Then there are some kids who are either committed or we are kind of out of the picture for who, depending on the way the season plays out, we might be able to get to visit, but they are hyper long-shots:
    DB Chaz Ah You

There are always kids they are interested in that it's hard to tell about and things change after the season, but I think this is where it stands now.

You're my favorite poster that still looks at doogman.

KobeStan said:

NEsnake12 said:

KobeStan said:

Fags
    Careful, the parents of teen boi stalkers read these boards.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    KobeStan said:

NEsnake12 said:

KobeStan said:

He's like 40 pounds lighter. And Carr is crazy elusive.

Listen - I *LOVE* Ahmed. I think he will be like Taj Griffin or Byron Marshall. But Carr is like Royce Freeman.
  • Options

KobeStan said:

NEsnake12 said:

KobeStan said:

Listen - I *LOVE* Ahmed. I think he will be like Taj Griffin or Byron Marshall. But Carr is like Royce Freeman.
    The highest Carr is listed as is 203, the highest Ahmed is listed as is 191. There is maybe a 15lbs difference not 40 lol.

Griffin and Marshall are midgets who are more quick than fast, Ahmed is almost 6'0 with legit burner speed like Chris Johnson.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

1 S - IPM

DB Chaz Ah You

Probably a better and more informative post than anything I got after burning my money for ten years on Doogfarm.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    KobeStan said:

KobeStan said:

NEsnake12 said:

KobeStan said:

The highest Carr is listed as is 203, the highest Ahmed is listed as is 191. There is maybe a 15lbs difference not 40 lol.

Griffin and Marshall are midgets who are more quick than fast, Ahmed is almost 6'0 with legit burner speed like Chris Johnson.
    Chris Johnson? Fucking Christ.

Carr is ~210 now and Ahmed is ~185. But, in projecting... Ahmed will probably end up around 195/200 whereas Carr will probably end up around 230 (if all goes well), but you're right that Ahmed was heavier than I remembered (I thought he was 170).

If you watch Carr's film and can't figure out why we'd want him (and are trying like hell to pry him away from USC) then mazel tov.

Ahmed is crazy fucking quick, and fast as shit. There's no disagreement on how good Ahmed is. I love him.

But both Wedington and Ahmed are not reasons why you wouldn't take Carr. Carr is a Royce Freeman type and you can move Ahmed and/or Wedington to DB if you have to.

No one in the country besides you would pass on Carr. So, I guess you can take some solace in that you are a maverick.

I love Ahmed on offense personally, but if you are looking to even out skill sets, he is somewhat redundant with McGrew and Carr is completely different than McGrew (sort of like DAT vs. Freeman).

I would happily take Carr, though—even though in spirit I see where you're coming from. In general teams never pass on a player of his caliber. And we are definitely recruiting him.