Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Football Website Traffic Expert Heard From

Comments

• Options
    MuttzenMuttzen Member Posts: 1,015
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Not Nebraska classy.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,415
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    After I got the death threat earlier this year, I barred most applicants from joining for about 6 months. But since late August I have let in a bunch of newbies.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

After I got the death threat earlier this year, I barred most applicants from joining for about 6 months. But since late August I have let in a bunch of newbies.

Be careful what you ask for.
    You've always been my favorite classy Kim Grinolds disciple.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,142
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Doogstone said:

I didn't even realize for the longest time that he still did his podcast. It was pretty good during the worst of the Sarkisian Doog Wars and undoubtedly helped more people find this site.

Then delusions of grandeur around the podcast happened and he completely flipped the script. The whole thing is weird.

I would welcome him back still because no one is beyond redemption except spooge IMO

i would have bet my house that the falling out between chest and HH was an april fools joke, and I held to that theory for probably 2 weeks. weird as fuck situation.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,142
    Founders Club

The thing is we don't actually need new posters. We make better posters. One poster here is worth a hundred on Dawgman.

Dawgman is a place for random people to hang out and talk Husky football. This is a place to hang out with your friends. And new friends are always welcome but the sucky ones will get weeded out.

we dont need new poasters, we do need new money.... we need to ratchet up the doog moneygrabs, now is the time to soak up the bandwagon cash.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,478
    Swaye's Wigwam

Chest emailed me last week and told me to bump some Helfrich thread he wrote two years ago. Well my thought was why doesn't he just bump it himself? That didn't make any sense to me. So that must be what he's bitter about now, I'm guessing.

I said it before and I'll say it again: He's welcome back to HH anytime. If he elects to stay away permanently, that's fine of course and good luck to him.

So @HeretoBeatmyChest wanted DJ to beat his chest for him?

Sounds like a missed opportunity.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter
    OK, confession time - I still sometimes listen to the Husky Fan Podcast (but I'm thinking of TSIO the whole time - I swear!). It was how I found this site, and I guess I'm too lazy / nostalgic to hit the "Unsubscribe" button in iTunes. I used to really enjoy it, but when they broke off from this site and @RoadDawg55 left it was never the same.

What's kinda sad is Chest and Jimmy mention this site in every episode I've listened to. If they wanted to cut ties with this board to appease the UW AD, then wouldn't it make sense to make a clean break? If I had to play arm chair psychiatrist, I'm willing to bet they do want to come back, but know that a lot of people (understandably) are still upset.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,415
    Founders Club

OK, confession time - I still sometimes listen to the Husky Fan Podcast (but I'm thinking of TSIO the whole time - I swear!). It was how I found this site, and I guess I'm too lazy / nostalgic to hit the "Unsubscribe" button in iTunes. I used to really enjoy it, but when they broke off from this site and @RoadDawg55 left it was never the same.

What's kinda sad is Chest and Jimmy mention this site in every episode I've listened to. If they wanted to cut ties with this board to appease the UW AD, then wouldn't it make sense to make a clean break? If I had to play arm chair psychiatrist, I'm willing to bet they do want to come back, but know that a lot of people (understandably) are still upset.

I have told both of them that they're welcome back.